Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2011 Bandsters?

Hi All,

I have a surgery date of 2/11/11. I have a BMI of 35.9 with several comorbidities. I am hoping to hear soon that I have been approved. I have been medically cleared by everyone except the Pope, himself.

Is there anyone out there who is scheduled for February?

Hi All,

I have a surgery date of 2/11/11. I have a BMI of 35.9 with several comorbidities. I am hoping to hear soon that I have been approved. I have been medically cleared by everyone except the Pope, himself.

Hey there!

I don't have a surgery date scheduled yet but I will be having surgery in Feb.. My BMI is 42.4.... according to what they were saying at the info session and what the PA said.. it shouldn't be a problem at all getting approved. I have my medical clearance appt. next week as well as a nutrition class, exercise class, and some other class. I already met with the nutritionsist and got my lab work and EKG done. I'm hoping that I can schedule surgery for the first week of February. The PA told me one of the patients wanted her surgery on Jan 25th.. and our appt was the same day.. she said if everything goes okay and you keep your appts and follow what you are supposed to follow.. you can get surgery very soon.. so I'm hoping for the 1st week of Feb.. I'll keep you updated.. where do you live?

My surgery is scheduled for February 11th too! I start my pre-op diet on January 20th...this will consist of four Optifast shakes a day and all of the green veggies I want - which totals about 900 calories a day. It is the only thing I'm really nervous about!

I'm so looking forward to this next chapter in my life. I'm going to be able to do so much more!

Kristy

I don't have a date yet, either, but I think it will be late Jan or Feb. I've just completed the 6 mo wait for Ins approval, and hope to get an appt with the surgeon in the next week or 2.

I'm really looking forward to the journey. We can do this!!!

My surgery is scheduled for February 11th too! I start my pre-op diet on January 20th...this will consist of four Optifast shakes a day and all of the green veggies I want - which totals about 900 calories a day. It is the only thing I'm really nervous about!

I'm so looking forward to this next chapter in my life. I'm going to be able to do so much more!

Kristy

That's awesome that your pre-op diet includes veggies! Mine will just be all liquid...

I'm looking forward to being the size I should be...the size I was in college...and do a ton of things...especially with my kids!

I don't have a date yet, either, but I think it will be late Jan or Feb. I've just completed the 6 mo wait for Ins approval, and hope to get an appt with the surgeon in the next week or 2.

I'm really looking forward to the journey. We can do this!!!

Wow....you had to wait 6 months for insurance approval...I bet you're glad that wait is over! Do you know the reasoning the insurance company makes the approval a 6 month wait?

I'm happy for you that you are getting the surgery soon!

Hi All,

hello, my surgery date is 2/24/11. I start my shakes next wk. If you ever wanna chat just send a message. Oh you probably started shakes already right? how is it. I'm so afraid I'm gonna be starving for wks lol

KeeKee99:

My surgeon doesn't make his patients do liquid diet until one or two weeks before depending on your bmi.

I'm nervous about that, too. Although, when I tried a shake it WAS very filling because of the high Protein. Filling but not fulfilling...that is what I am going to have to get over. All that emotional eating garbage that got me into this mess!

P

Kristy

Nope, no shakes yet...my surgeon only requires one or two weeks prior to surgery for the liquid diet.

I think it is one of the things we all worry about...how to survive on liquid for weeks....it is going to tough. I'm anticipating being VERY grumpy. I should lock myself in a room somewhere for my family's sake. lol

hello, my surgery date is 2/24/11. I start my shakes next wk. If you ever wanna chat just send a message. Oh you probably started shakes already right? how is it. I'm so afraid I'm gonna be starving for wks lol

KeeKee99:

My surgeon doesn't make his patients do liquid diet until one or two weeks before depending on your bmi.

I'm nervous about that, too. Although, when I tried a shake it WAS very filling because of the high Protein. Filling but not fulfilling...that is what I am going to have to get over. All that emotional eating garbage that got me into this mess!

P

hello, could u help me get my tracker set up. I have it made and now have to i think copy and paste, but where do i put it.

It looks like you figured it ou. :-)

For anyone else who is curious... click on your name above (where it says signed in as...). then click on settings. then profile. then change signature. voila!

This is the way I did it...maybe not the easiest but it works. :-)

hello, could u help me get my tracker set up. I have it made and now have to i think copy and paste, but where do i put it.

Hi Everyone! I was originally supposed to be a January bandster but apparently I'm not done jumping through insurance hoops yet! I've finished my 6 month nutrition classes needed for insurance, my psych eval and my sleep study. Now I just need my PCP to write my medical clearance...which they are dragging their feet on...then everything can be submitted to insurance. Fingers crossed I'll be getting banded in February!!

Good Luck to everyone!! :D