Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandster-only 30 pounds lost

I am discouraged that I have only lost 30 pounds since my banded date of August 9. I have had fills every 6 weeks since. My last fill was 6-1/2 cc's and the doctor hesitated to give me that much the day before Thanksgiving. I am going to today and I want to ask for more fill. In the last 2 months I have only lost about 1 pound. :(

Any suggestions? I think I am going to ask him to increase my fill to at least 7-1/2.

I have lost about 25 pounds since my surgery on 8/13. I am now at 9.4 CCs in a 11 CC band and am just now getting restriction. Sounds like your doctor does not have post fill diet restrictions; if he thought you would be eating solids the next day. My doctor requires 1 day of full liquids and 1 day soft foods after a fill. Seems to me like you need more fill. My doctor requires no less than 2 weeks between fills. I go in about every 3 weeks so I think I just had my 5th fill. I really have been dieting since surgery because I have'nt had restriction. You will not be getting assistance from the band until you have restriction.

Also what type of exercise are you doing and how often? You may need to break out of your comfort zone and exercise more often or do different things.

I am to be on liquids for the first day and then soft foods the next day following a fill. He will only give fills every 6 weeks (which I think I need more often than that). I have been excercing 3-4 times a week by either Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, walking, Gazelle, pilates, Zumba, and aerobics. (Not all the same days). I can tell I am eating a lot less and healthier so I don't understand why I am not losing.

I have lost about 25 pounds since my surgery on 8/13. I am now at 9.4 CCs in a 11 CC band and am just now getting restriction. Sounds like your doctor does not have post fill diet restrictions; if he thought you would be eating solids the next day. My doctor requires 1 day of full liquids and 1 day soft foods after a fill. Seems to me like you need more fill. My doctor requires no less than 2 weeks between fills. I go in about every 3 weeks so I think I just had my 5th fill. I really have been dieting since surgery because I have'nt had restriction. You will not be getting assistance from the band until you have restriction.

Also what type of exercise are you doing and how often? You may need to break out of your comfort zone and exercise more often or do different things.

...oh and thanks for your reply Honk. It helps to know what other people stand as far as their fill amount. I know a lady at work that only gets 4 cc's and is very satisfied so I wasn't sure if my fill amount sounded normal.

I am to be on liquids for the first day and then soft foods the next day following a fill. He will only give fills every 6 weeks (which I think I need more often than that). I have been excercing 3-4 times a week by either Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, walking, Gazelle, pilates, Zumba, and aerobics. (Not all the same days). I can tell I am eating a lot less and healthier so I don't understand why I am not losing.

I have a Realize 11cc band and have had fills: 3cc, 3cc, 2cc, we then pulled out Fluid since I had no restriction and found only 5cc. darn! He then gave me 1cc and two weeks later another 1cc. So who knows how much I have? Rather disappointing, but he says it doesn't matter how much is in the band, but how you feel. I still have no restriction, have never been stuck, slimed or pb'd. I am happy for that, but wow, I want this band turned on! He will fill every two weeks and I have been in there trying.

Don't get too discouraged, everyone says restriction will come. For now I am just using alot of willpower.

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie. I, too, have never felt any real restriction, nothing getting stuck or slimed. I sure hope this works. I always worry that my port has a leak or that something is not right.

I have a Realize 11cc band and have had fills: 3cc, 3cc, 2cc, we then pulled out Fluid since I had no restriction and found only 5cc. darn! He then gave me 1cc and two weeks later another 1cc. So who knows how much I have? Rather disappointing, but he says it doesn't matter how much is in the band, but how you feel. I still have no restriction, have never been stuck, slimed or pb'd. I am happy for that, but wow, I want this band turned on! He will fill every two weeks and I have been in there trying.

Don't get too discouraged, everyone says restriction will come. For now I am just using alot of willpower.

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie. I, too, have never felt any real restriction, nothing getting stuck or slimed. I sure hope this works. I always worry that my port has a leak or that something is not right.

I think it iw normal to be afraid that "we are the only one" the band will fail. In reality there are statistically very few leaks etc with the band. I read about bandster hell and feel like I am in it, but I am 46 pounds less than I was on Aug 7, when I started my preop liquid diet. I lost 25 pounds in the first 6 weeks of preop and surgery and have fricken fought off every other pound since then.

I suppose if I exercised more (pretty much at all) and put down the cocktails two times a week I could move the scale faster, but WHOA, I am not going to get all crazy. lol

Bonnie

You may need to bump your execise to 5 + days a week. I think if you shoot for x days per week you will actually go x-1 or 2. So I try for 7 days a week and usually do that but sometimes go 6.

I was banded on Aug 26th and have lost to date 23lbs...I know I need to exercise more and watch what I am eating that could be what you may need to do as well Good Luck...

I'm glad you posted this! I am losing very slowly but my restriction isn't lasting. I have 6 CC's in a 10 CC band and my surgeon says most people hit their sweet spot at 5.5 so I've been feeling a little defeated over that. I am hoping to get more next week.