Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100lbs in under 6 months?

i'm 5'4 and weigh 296. I'm wondering if anyone has lost 100lbs in under 6 months? That is my goal, and I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has been successful with it. My doc thinks I can acheive that, I'm just young and anxious to get to under 200. Thanks for reading!

I believe that would be pushing it a little too much. If you lost the weight that fast, you would have way too much excess skin and plastic surgery doesn't come cheap. A lap-band is there to help you to achieve your goals - mostly in the next 5 years and in that to also maintain your weight. I would take it day by day and not worry too much about how many pounds you shed. They'll all come off in time with the directions given to you by your doctor. If you follow those and stick to excercising, you won't have to pay attention to the time going by. I also suggest www.realizeband.com because there you can keep trap of your food and your exercising.

I also noticed that your from Louisville, I would likely go to Norton Hospital. So far, to me, they've had the best care. I haven't had surgery yet and now i'm currently weighing at 275 lbs. They're extremely fast in getting you through this process. I've got the ball moving last week and now my surgeon and I are trying to get all the tests done before the end of January. I only started this process of seeing my surgeon, nurse, dietician and therapist about a week or so ago.

Goodluck on your journey!!!! :)

Girl you do not want to lose 100lbs in six months that is way too fast. Slow and steady is the lap band. If you want drastic weight loss like that then the by pass or vertical sleeve would be your way to go. Most likely it wont happen with the band unless you starve yourself. Some people get the misconception that hunger is not involved with the band but you will still be hungry. That is too much weight loss in six months you will be sick and unhealthy if you go that fast. I would not do that. Your hair will fall out too and you will have some sagging skin for sure.

I did. But I'm a guy, I'm young and started at over 400 pounds. Even with all that my doctor says I'm doing exceptionally well.

Notmal weight loss with the band averages 1-2 pounds a week. Anything more than that is a gift. If you get lucky and lose faster just say thank you and move on. Don't set unrealistic expectations for yourself.

i'm 5'4 and weigh 296. I'm wondering if anyone has lost 100lbs in under 6 months? That is my goal, and I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has been successful with it. My doc thinks I can acheive that, I'm just young and anxious to get to under 200. Thanks for reading!

hi,

I did, but this is not a magic wand, or the easy way out!! I lost 50 lbs pre op, and I spend about 2 hrs a day at the gym most days. this is just a tool, and you have to work the tool. Usually folks who have a lot to lose can lose quicker initially. I started out at 366 lbs. I wasnt aiming for a certain weight loss, just to develop good habits and routines...that has to be your goal. you didnt get overweight in 6 months, and its not realistic to think your problems will be solved in that time....it is all behaviour modification with the band...meaning you have to change what and how you eat, and how you move. baby steps!

thanks so much everyone for the responses. I didn't mean to sound like WOO IM GONNA GET THE BAND AND LOSE 100 QUICK AND ITLL BE AWESOME!!! haha i have about 140 to lose, total. i just wasnt sure if anyone was successful with that when they work out everyday, diet properly, etc.

kourtany, are you in louisville? while i do want to get the process going quickly, i have heard negative things about norton. although, everyone is different! i have been going with Dr. Weiss and Dr. Oldham at Baptist East here in Louisville. Are you at Norton?

Dr Oldham is awesome!!! He banded me and did a hiatal hernia repair in Elizabethtown on Dec 17th. I couldn't be happier in choosing him as my surgeon.

I am at 96 at 7 months. I didn't really have a goal of getting 100 down in 6 mo but if you really push the work outs and watch the calorie intake it's def possible.

Same started at close 400 in July 2010 and in Jan I was down 100 and now down almost 120. For guys I hear it is a lot easier, my wife's is definitely coming off slower but she has lost over 50 since Sept. And yes believe me, I have the excess skin to show that I lost the 100 in 6 lol

As much as I would like to lose weight quicker, I would be super proud of myself if I were able to lose 1-2 lbs per week! It would help

me stay consistent and dedicated. I am not banded yet..will be in MAY so I won't know how fast my body can lose weight just yet.

I don't want the excess skin..or AS much so gradual is good for me!

Good luck :) Keep us posted

I lost 100 pounds in 6 months so yes, it CAN be done! BUT, there are a lot of factors that go into it, including how your body reacts to the band and to losing weight. I was lucky, I had no complications and my body seems to love the band. I lost very rapidly for the first 8 months, and then my weight loss slowed down and now it's torture to get off one pound! Everybody is different. While you may want to lose quickly (we all do!), keep in mind that the goal is to get to a healthy weight...no matter how long it takes!

I am 5 1/2 months post op and am down 80 pounds. I did not set a goal of how fast I wanted the weight to come off. I just wanted to loose 100 pounds. So far it has came off a lot faster then I ever thought it would. However I am not complaining at all. I am enjoying my new life, and taking everything in steps.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wv4RqDW/]

weight.png

[/url]

5 days till I am at the 5 month mark and I am down 102 pounds, so it is doable, but it takes a lot of work and exercise. I eat healthy and go to curves 5 days a week and ride my stationary bike 6 to 7 times a week. My diet is not perfect, but I do push the Protein and feel good. I do eat six times a day, but it is all about what works best for you. I keep my calories at around 1000. Some days I get home and realize I need to eat more because I have not gotten enough calorie wise for the day. I find it funny when it was never a problem before my band! I guess it is all part of our new life style and that is not a problem for me. Oh I have also had no Hair loss or side effects from the weight loss. Good luck on your journeysmile.gif