Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ bound, looking for a new doctor someone said this would be hard

I just got wind of this matter. I hear it will be hard to find a new doctor who will take me on as a new patient. Have any of you experienced this? I am relocating and being hassled about finding a new doctor is the last thing I need to be dealing with. Please if you have any input it would be appreciated.

Michele

I just got wind of this matter. I hear it will be hard to find a new doctor who will take me on as a new patient. Have any of you experienced this? I am relocating and being hassled about finding a new doctor is the last thing I need to be dealing with. Please if you have any input it would be appreciated.

Michele

You shouldn't have a problem. Where in Jersey? Dr. Marc Neff is my surgeon. He'll help anyone... Great man.

Thank you so much for getting on this post. It really is appreciated!

The new job I am taking will be up in Piscataway, Nj and where I am going to be living I simply do not know yet. I will be in town the weekend of Jan 7-11 and will be scoping out new housing areas. I do not wish to go more north then Piscataway-New Brunswick area but if the price is right it would be a huge consideration. Can you send me the doctors info please and maybe I can meet with him while I am up there.

Thanks again so much and I do hope you had a good holiday!

Michele

You shouldn't have a problem. Where in Jersey? Dr. Marc Neff is my surgeon. He'll help anyone... Great man.

dr Marc neff is my Dr too !!!!

I just got banded on the 13th of dec.. when did you get your band?

amy

dr Marc neff is my Dr too !!!!

I just got banded on the 13th of dec.. when did you get your band?

amy

Congrats to you Amy! So do you like Dr Neff? Iwokeup seems to really like him. I need a good doctor since I am moving and all. The doctor I have here in St Louis is one of the best in the country and I love him. Took me 1yr to find him but I was so glad I did he is just great as well.

I did post that I would like to get Dr Neff's info so that I can contact him. Where is he located? I am still in the process of looking for a place to live but I know that my job is located in Piscataway, NJ

You are on the right path and this website here is amazing! I am almost 2yrs now with my band and if I can help at all please feel free to ask!

Michele

Dr. Neff is a sweetie. Here is a link to the Kennedy Bariatric Program.

Kennedy Bariatric Program

They have a support group meeting once a month that I find is very helpful. The docs show up...along with dieticians and speakers. There are people there that are contemplating surgery... those that have had surgery...Some are waiting for their surgery date.. and those that are years beyond surgery. Sometimes they have a clothing swap. It's turning into quite a large group .. and you get some very helpful information. The doctors are there to answer any questions you might have along with Lisa, a registered nurse, Val, a dietician.... In fact . they just added another dietician to the group because the program is getting so big. I know you'll like them.

Michele,

i meet with 2 other dr's before I was told about Dr neff.. I called the office and 2 days later I had an appointment. They didnt ask insurance until i met with dr.neff and wanted the band. he has a nurse lisa who is his side kick she gave me her cell # and said any questions you have call me. she had it done and lost a good amount... I love his office and every one there. i would call and ask them if they will take you on. I am sure its not a problem..

i see him wed morning for my 2nd post op. i will ask him if he will take on a pt that has the band and is moving here to NJ .....

Amy

ok well had my appointment with Dr neff today...the bad news is no he dosnt take pt's who have the band placed already....so sorry :(:(

but I did ask and I wanted to let you know....

good luck with finding a dr in NJ !;)

Amy

I love my surgeon...Dr.Forrester. His office is in Union Nj. The name of his group is NJ bariatric center. They have a great web site...check it out. I don't know if they accept banded patients but you should call and ask. They also have seminars, support groups and clothing swaps. I was just banded on Dec. 6th and have had NO problems at all.

Michele

[/quote

Hi Michele,

Check out the NJ Bariatric Center in Union. My doctors Dr Goyal, Dr Forrester, Dr Jack and the entire staff are amazing! I love them

Michele

[/quote

Hi Michele,

Check out the NJ Bariatric Center in Union. My doctors Dr Goyal, Dr Forrester, Dr Jack and the entire staff are amazing! I love them

Dr. Nihalani in edison, nj is amazing you can get his info at Nihalanimd.com