Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

complete unfill before xmas - ack!

Babe
Sign in to follow this  

I was in a car accident a few months back, and ever since then my band has had a mind of its own. sometimes it so tight i can barely have a sip of Water in the morning, and then sometimes it loose enough that i can eat bread easily (before, never was able to eat more than a couple bites). the past few weeks, its been more tight than loose, and then this week I pb'd probably a dozen time in a couple days (sometimes on water alone). my doc decided to unfill me completely because my band is inflamed and told me to have mostly liquids or soft foods for a couple weeks. he said i could eat on christmas i want, but immediately go back to liquids the next day. I am a bit scared to eat with an unfilled band. what if i end up overeating? it's xmas dinner, for crying out loud!

any tips on how to manage this?

wow... i'm sorry to hear about everything... the car accident, the band problems, the unfill.

the way i see it... its only one day. eat while you can and enjoy christmas dinner!

i seriously think that you've been banded long enough you won't go overboard TOO bad. and if your doctor said it was okay... then go for it!

today was my work potluck lunch and i was stressing out so bad. i did not want to over eat and have to throw up while at work (ewwww!!!)

i didn't give myself a calorie limit so i tried a little bit of everything that i like. i had some corn bread, a meatball, a couple of bites of fried chicken, chocolate pudding dessert.

AND i didn't over eat! i stressed for nothing. i didn't even get the feeling of being over full. i just took a bite or two and moved on. since i was mingling, no one noticed that i actually didn't finish everything so i didn't feel guilty either.

good luck to you and i hope you're able to get your fill back soon!

kalipso, thanks for your thoughtful reply. it's so strange being unfilled after 2 years. i'm super hungry, it ridiculous. even thought i've been a slow loser, i can totally see how the band has worked in keeping my appetite in check.

i'm focusing on liquids pre and post christmas, and planning to enjoy my xmas dinner (in moderation). i'm really looking forward to being able to actually eat the bread pudding i'm making for dessert.

Try to keep your old eating habits even though your unfilled. I know it can be hard but you might find you still have some restriction too.

I was debanded a few months ago and even after I lost the band, I was still getting stuck on certain food. Even a month without a band plus 2 weeks of being unfilled before that and I didn't gain a pound! You can do this :)

I think you will find that a lot of your food choices have really become instictional. More than half off your success has been mental. I was on a pretty stict diet the 8 months prior to surgery and have banded for 4 months. I find now that often discriptions of really "decident" food or comericals gross me out. Why would you want your food smothered or drenched? As for Christmas day I would eat your Protein (measure if neccisary) and then choose foods you don't normally have my family has special foods for holidays. I also treat parties as a time to eat things I don't normally keep in my house. For example I don't buy crackers or full fat cheese; but I can eat 1-2 at a party. Some one wrote on here "Remember it's a holiday not a holiweek!" I really like that thought.