Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those of you who are banded, do you exercise?

I had not exercised in years except to walk to the refrigerator. I told my WLS doctor this, he laughed, but encouraged me to work up to at least 30 minutes everyday. When I first had my surgery (August 05) I bought a stationery bike that I began riding everyday. It really helped to build my stamina and increased my sense of well-being like WOW! I work in a downtown high rise office building on the 13th floor. One day I decided to take the stairs to see how far I could walk up and down each day. I am now on floor six, up and down each day. I love it. That is 96 steps each way. I have lost about 45 pounds and I now consistenly lose over a pound each week and I can eat just about anything I want. Exercise is the nearest thing to a majic trick that I have found. Get those Buns moving, ladies, its a Nike thing, "Just do it".

IMANANA , with 2 more on the way in April 06. ;-)

I use to laugh and say I didn't spend $16,750.00 to exercise, but I think I'm going to have to do it anyway, ERRR, if not for weight loss, for a safer, longer, healthier life. Gotta keep this ticker going and sitting at the puter just doesn't get the heart rate up too much.

I try at least 3-2 times a week. I was not really flabby anyway except for the stomach area. I think excercising will help with the weight loss and the excess skin if you have any,.

A pedometer helps me to be conscientious about being more active. Every day I work to hit that 10,000 step mark. It's kind of fun. I'll step in place while I do my hair just to get my steps up. Every hour I take a 3 minute walk break also to get my steps up. In addition, I also work out 1/2 hour every day (except the last 4 weeks where I was TERRIBLE) on an elliptical machine or do weight training.

I did go to the YMCA for a while and because of some issues i had to stop..I just bought myself a treadmill and it just arrived this week, So tonight i am going to set it up and get a movin!!!Kristen

In the 6 months before my surgery I worked out 4 days a week: two on the eliptical and weight training and the other 2 Water aerobics. I lost two :) pounds. However, I FELT much better. Lately I've been struggling to get to the gym, I have zero motivation. However, I will do better from now on. I have to; I didn't spend all this money to be fat and out of shape!

I have a membership at Curves that I haven't used in a couple months. I really need to go, you know the story. I do shop a lot so I walk the malls a lot, but it's during shopping so I dunno if that counts.

My 15 month old is going back to daycare next week so I will have an open schedule to go back to Curves. :) I'm also getting a fill next week so that always motivates me. :)

i have a gym membership, but i'm a wuss, by time i get off work, tis dark and its cold, and i just want to go cuddle up on the couch. But no more excuses i joined boot camp!

I walk about a mile three to four times a week, but I have found a new work out toy you wouldn't believe. For those who own a Playstation 2, there is a accessory called an Eyetoy that hooks up to the playstation. It is an interactive webcam thing that hooks up to the playstation with a multigame disc that came with it. It has a boxing game on there and you actually box a animated character. You can punch, kick, or head butt him. And you have to duck his punches too. You get a great cardio workout in no time and you won't believe how well it works on the abs to duck his punches. Not to mention what a great stress reliever it is to hit someone that really doesn't exist. It's really cool. I bought it for my kids and it was about $60.00 (game included), at Toys R Us.

I use to walk the track daily (2-3 mi) when the weather was warmer, now I do nothing besides chase after a 2 yr old:rolleyes. I promised myself I will pull out my pilates and tae bo dvds and use them more in the new yr.

I'm not banded yet, but I joined a fancy-dancy club with my husband. I am so weak and out of shape that it is pitiful. I feel like I need to do something before I get me band so I can recover faster. I can't take a lot of time off of work.

I have been doing Curves three times a week since August and this week being vacation for me I have not gone once - feeling a bit guilty but that has not made me get my butt in there. I do notice a difference and will be there bright and early monday morning. Also starting sunday will walk the treadmill on my off days.

Have you tried doing a search for Exercise? We have talked about that a LOT around here!!

Just not so much in December... you guess why. :ermm

I was a rabbit until I let go w/ my exercise this month. Now I'm up 7#... at least. Can't bear to weigh-in right now. I will for our New Year's challenge.

That Eyetoy thing sounds cool. I'm going to get one.

I had a membership to Curves about a year back. It worked for me for about two months and then I got totally sick of the same routine day after day. Now I belong to this club where you can watch TV that's hooked up to your workout machine of choice. I just go during my favorite shows and then I don't want to leave until they're over.

I try to exercise 4 times a week for about 90 minutes each time. When I don't exercise I try to do some heavy housework. I didn't start exercising until about 6 months after surgery. Since I have started exercising - about 2 months ago - I haven't lost much in pounds but I have gone down at least one whole size. I picked at gym which is located in the same building that i work in because i knew that if I had to get into my car I may not make it to the gym.