Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overeating/slippage

I was banded on November 17th. For a few weeks, I felt amazing restriction and even wondered if I'd need a fill... but in the past week, it's like I've had an almost sudden loss of restriction. I'm able to eat way more than I know I should be. The other night, I ate 3 pieces of pizza (thin crust)! I was completely stuffed, but I was able to eat it without feeling sick.

My question- could my band have slipped with all of my overeating? I have to admit that reading this board causes frequent paranoia in me, but I know that if it's a highly probable possibility, then you guys will let me know :)

just guessing but I'm thinking that the swelling from surgery went away. Until you get good restriction, your band is 'on vacation'. Just don't get carried away. Try to follow good bandster rules until you get a fill. Good luck.

<p><p>I really don't know if overeating causes slippage, but I do know that if you were banded 11/17, you can eat more now because the swelling from the surgery has gone down. One month after surgery I could eat quite a bit. You may be able to ingest fairly normal amounts of food until you get your first fill.</p></p>

THE MADNESS MUST STOP! Newbies...the likelihood that you have slipped your band or eroded are slim to none at this point. YOU MUST CHILL. The terrible, tragic events that are happening to other people on the board are typically longer term bandsters.

What you are experiencing is normal. Your stomach swelling will reduce for UP TO A YEAR so the fluctuations in restriction are perfectly normal and to be expected.

Didn't mean to yell...just getting frustrated with all the worry wart-ing gonig on.

Megan

YOU MUST CHILL.
Hee hee hee! :)
The terrible, tragic events that are happening to other people on the board are typically longer term bandsters.
Ok, that part did not make me feel any better about this...:)

Sorry! I didn't mean to make it worse. These bandsters are all from the same surgeon and were all banded around the same time, if that makes you feel any better!!!

Megan

Stephanie, I feel the same way. Although slippage never entered my mind and it really doesn't consern me at this point. I do know from reading countless posts here that the band really doesn't work without a fill.

Please ask your doctor if you can schedule a fill. I get mine on January 6th. Also remember you might need more than one fill to make this work.

Hang in there !!!! We'll get thru this together :)

Hugs.

My Dr. said that he had a guy that ate steak the day after his surgery and made his band slip...

I would think this would be somewhat painful for a newbie??? I could feel everything when I was swollen. pizza doesn't sound horrible... but 3 pieces!!! Girl, just eat one if you HAVE to have it!!! :)

You need a fill! :):):):)

Thanks guys- I do feel better. It's something that's been rolling around in my head for a few days and I knew I just needed to throw it out there :)

Heather- eat ONE piece of pizza? I'm confused.... :)

You are braver than me!!! I would love to try one bite of pizza, but I am scared to!!! I think it is best if I just stay away from it. I can't eat bread, so I just don't want to risk it.Believe me, it will take you months to be a good bandster. I still have to tell myself slow down, don't take another bite, you are obviously going to PB if you don't stop.I get better everyday! :)

After two fills, I can eat 2 pieces of pizza. Of course, before I would eat 6 at least! So, 2 pieces, put into perspective, is a victory!

How do you like that spin?!

Patience, girl. You'll get your fill, and things will change.

Cindy

Oh my gosh, you all put me at ease...just posted in food section about overeating and wrong food intake at just end of week three (christmas holiday!) Absolutely freaking that I had done damage ie slippage etc and I had totally blown the band...ugh!

Realize now swelling is gone, still restricted enough to pb and have terrible bouts of hic-cups but have gone back to Protein drinks and mushy Soup...

Obviously, I need a fill! Will be a good girl now as this bout of paranoia and worry was enough to make me PULL BACK!

Thanking you from the edge!

PS Love this site and all who contribute!

Yup, the band doesn't work if the band isn't filled.

Oh, and trust me Stephanie, after you are filled to a good point, all you will want is one piece. I know that it doesn't seem possible, but it is. You WILL be satisfied with just a small amount. Satisfied both physically and mentally. (okay this doesn't hold true if you are over-filled. But being overfiled is bad anyway)

My doc says 99% of people feel no restriction after they heal and before thier 1st fill. I was the same way. I can eat 1 peice pizza now plus maybe 2 chicken wings, and I've had 2 fills already. You sound like me - you prolly just a need a few fills and you'll be fine! Also, I don't know about you but 3 peices pizza is great considering pre-band I could eat 5-6 peices plus cinnamon sticks!

Attention new bandsters... and those of us oldies who tend to do it too...Just because you CAN does not mean you SHOULD.... :)

pizza made us what we are today... right?