Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all

Hi all,

Just another person to add to your list. Firstly let me tell you about myself....... I am a fifty eight year old female, who has pretty much the same story as many of you guys, tried soooooo many diets and have just gotten no where.

I have lost hundreds of kilos, but have put on hundreds more. I have now decided to take the plunge and get some real help.

My banding date is 10th Febuary, excited , but also nerveous, my main problem was how am I going to handle this mentally.......what does anybody do when you get sugar cravings? and does this go away at all OR ever.

My second question is ; has anybody ever heard of total restriction on banding?

Any way guys and dolls, just want to say this is a great blog and thanks for all the info and inspiration you give to us newbeys. Well done for making a choose and keep it up!

Welcome to the madhouse.

You have a full 2 months to prepare. If you start now, there will be little or no mental anguish following surgery.

Start by slowly cutting your portion sizes. Fill your plate as you normal would but before you sit down to eat, remove a small bit like 10% or so.

Cut everything smaller and chew it longer. You'll find that you won't miss that little bit you got rid of.

Over the weeks start removing a little more.

Drink plenty of calorie free fluids but drink nothing with meals.

Thanks btrieger, I will start today

Your info is very helpfull, the sooner I start the easier it will become.

Well done on your journey, you have lost so much weight.

Thanks btrieger, I will start today

Your info is very helpfull, the sooner I start the easier it will become.

Well done on your journey, you have lost so much weight.

I did just what I said and lost 95 pounds in the 5 months leading up to surgery. The surgery came and went as if it were just another day.

If I can do it anybody can. I am not superhuman and my will is as weak as the next person's.

Most of all, keep a positive can-do attitude about your ability and try and leave all shame and guilt behind. If you faulter, don't quit! Just try a little harder.

It's great to get started with planning for your date -- I did just that when I started researching this procedure back in April and actually only lost 10 pounds before my surgery date which was just this last Friday, December 3. The first day after was the toughest with soreness and the gas pains, but I'm feeling better each day. The liquid diet is a challenge and I feel hungry and have a headache -- guess that will go away as my body adjusts. I have Soups and Protein Drinks and have mixed in the Beniful Fiber for the digestion issues. I check in with my doctor in two weeks so we'll see how it goes. I am already down 4 pounds since the day of surgery! I'm glad you area all here so I don't feel so alone. Sometimes it can get discouraging especially if you're hungry. tongue.gif

I did just what I said and lost 95 pounds in the 5 months leading up to surgery. The surgery came and went as if it were just another day.

If I can do it anybody can. I am not superhuman and my will is as weak as the next person's.

Most of all, keep a positive can-do attitude about your ability and try and leave all shame and guilt behind. If you faulter, don't quit! Just try a little harder.

Just fantastic all that weight......you give me hope.

I was just thinking of going on a three day Protein diet, trial run, What do you think?

It's great to get started with planning for your date -- I did just that when I started researching this procedure back in April and actually only lost 10 pounds before my surgery date which was just this last Friday, December 3. The first day after was the toughest with soreness and the gas pains, but I'm feeling better each day. The liquid diet is a challenge and I feel hungry and have a headache -- guess that will go away as my body adjusts. I have Soups and Protein drinks and have mixed in the Beniful fiber for the digestion issues. I check in with my doctor in two weeks so we'll see how it goes. I am already down 4 pounds since the day of surgery! I'm glad you area all here so I don't feel so alone. Sometimes it can get discouraging especially if you're hungry. tongue.gif

Hi Bardy,

Thahnk for all the info, yes there are a few concerns I have , mainly the gas, and also the two weeks on Protein drinks. Lets face it no one likes to be hungry.

I see you said you only lost 10 lbs before your op, thats really good, you are doing well, just remember us more mature ladies have got a battle loosing weight , every thing is not as good as they used to be.

You are doing a great job so hand in there, just remembet we are all in this together

Take care and I hope you have a awesomwe day!!!

Thanks Desi -- I am getting used to the liquids and try to balance Protein drinks and other liquids as well. Thanks for the encouragement - I really needed that today! I am tracking my progress on the lapband.com website as well and am encouraged to see that actually I have dropped 4 more pounds since the surgery! BMI has already dropped 2 points! Of course I'm only 13% toward my goal but that is definitely in the right direction, and after only 4 days!

You are right about the age thing -- the metabolism is definitely not as quick to respond as it used to be. I am trying to walk a little more every day to increase my activity level and stamina -- hopefully when I'm fully healed I can do more - that is a definite key to this whole thing.

You hang in there, we can do this! Have a great day (or night since you're on the opposite side of the world :))!!

Deb

Hi Bardy,

Thahnk for all the info, yes there are a few concerns I have , mainly the gas, and also the two weeks on Protein Drinks. Lets face it no one likes to be hungry.

I see you said you only lost 10 lbs before your op, thats really good, you are doing well, just remember us more mature ladies have got a battle loosing weight , every thing is not as good as they used to be.

You are doing a great job so hand in there, just remembet we are all in this together

Take care and I hope you have a awesomwe day!!!