Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Pa2ak girl, this is the 2010 thread, you may want to start a new 2011 thread. Not saying you ca't post here, but you may get more responses from recent bandsters.

So bummed, I had to have my band removed today. The surgeon said it caused the hiatal hernia and would do it again. He said no future lap band for me. He said if I gain weight back I could cosider the gastric sleeve. I am terrified of gaining weight!

Joan

Aww Joan, I'm so sorry! Wishing you the best of luck. I'm sure you will continue to do well.

So bummed, I had to have my band removed today. The surgeon said it caused the hiatal hernia and would do it again. He said no future lap band for me. He said if I gain weight back I could cosider the gastric sleeve. I am terrified of gaining weight!

Joan

Joan I am sorry to hear of your troubles.... But use what you know and have learned since being banded and I bet you wont gain it back. Get on that scale everyday...and don't ignore your weight like we have all done for so many years.....You have such a great attitude I am sure you will continue to be successful!

Joan

Aww honey, I'm so sorry you had to have your band removed. I agree with FLORIDAYS - you've learned a lot over the last year. Try to pretend that you still have a band and keep doing the same things you've been doing.

If, for some reason, you do decide to look into the sleeve go take a look at http://jax0120.blogspot.com/ - Jacquie had to have her band removed due to some complications and had a revision to the sleeve in June. You might find some info there that helps with your decision.

Let me know if I can do anything to help...regardless, you will always be my band sistah!!

well today is my one year !!! I lost 20 with pre op diet and 51 after surg total 71 !!! I know its not as great as some of the other numbers out there but I still feel GREAT !!! what a year it has been ! i am looking forward to posting i am at goal :) 53 left to go so by next Christmas and as we all know flies by very quickly.....

thanks !!

AmyBanane36.gif

Joan

Joan

I am so sorry to hear that you had to have your band removed.

Use what you've learned from having a lapband, and don't let yourself fall back into old habits.

Eat right....walk everyday and believe in yourself that you can do this without the band too.

Keep your head up....you're still a bandster girl!

Kinda a weird question here, hope it's not TMI for anyone, My apologies if it is.

Here goes...I have a good amount of loose skin in my stomach area and noticed a new "roll" that is right over my belly button area. Needless to say, there isn't a lot of air circulation and I've had some issues with a very sore, and inflamed belly button.

I went to the doctor who gave me some prescription strength hydrocortisone cream which cleared it up after a few days, but I'm sure it's going to return.

I'm wondering about skin removal surgery. Has anyone checked into that yet? And, if so, what are your insurance requirements.

My one year bandiversary is on 12/30 and I cannot believe it's been a year and how much easier it is to get around! I don't hardly grunt and groan at all anymore. :-)

I'm wondering about skin removal surgery. Has anyone checked into that yet? And, if so, what are your insurance requirements.

Boy you arent kidding.... where has the time gone?

I havent checked into it....yet. SO far my belly isnt creating a problem however my thighs are awfully jiggily and I noticed my knees are getting to look wrinkled from the excess skin (I am a pear shape carrying lost of weight below the waist)

Considering the fact i have lost 149 lbs I guess I shouldnt be surprised but I plan on waiting until I get rid of the last remaining pounds then explore my options. I will research bariatric plastic surgeons to start then go from there....

If you have a PPO then I would start with the plastic surgeon... if you have an H M O you may need to go the refferal route with your primary.

Good Luck!

Boy you arent kidding.... where has the time gone?

I havent checked into it....yet. SO far my belly isnt creating a problem however my thighs are awfully jiggily and I noticed my knees are getting to look wrinkled from the excess skin (I am a pear shape carrying lost of weight below the waist)

Considering the fact i have lost 149 lbs I guess I shouldnt be surprised but I plan on waiting until I get rid of the last remaining pounds then explore my options. I will research bariatric plastic surgeons to start then go from there....

If you have a PPO then I would start with the plastic surgeon... if you have an H M O you may need to go the refferal route with your primary.

Good Luck!

Congratulations on the weight loss! Great job!

I know what you are saying, my thighs are really giggly too. I don't seem to have the elasticity in my skin and it's looking krinkly. Not liking that too much, but not sure what I can do about it either.

My insurance is an ***, and I found out today that I have to have documentation for xx amount of time regarding skin issues and need to lose 100 lbs, or have physical limitations and issues. 25 pounds to go, then I'll really get serious about looking into skin romoval.

It was a year ago today, that I started the liquid pre op diet. I only dreamed about being thinner. Lapband is my lifesaver! I feel so much better.

Well, Hello everyone.

just wanted to say reading all ur posts is very insightful and helpful

1 year today, im doing OK, I was on track to really kill it and lose all the weight i wanted to but had a hernia that stopped my training the last 2 months. So it was back to surgery in Dec to fix that. I plan to lose the last 20# next year after Im healed and back to training. WOuld I do it again is a popular question? YEP, do I do everything right all the time, NOT BY A LONG SHOT, but the band has helped make it possible to get by the hard times, as everyone knows "you have to work the band"! So to everyone a year later keep up the work, you can do it!!!

1 YEAR AGO(2weeks after LB surgery) Im on the far right with my best friends, plan to retake this this year!!

380.JPG

APPROC 6-7 months in

656.JPG

1 YEAR LATER

7411.JPG

Hi all, Happy anniversary!! I am a year out Dec.13 yahoo this year was not easy, but I would not change it. I lost 60 lbs so far 30 more to go.

Joan I'm so sorry your in my prayers

Hi every one. I was banded on December 1st. So i'm 2 weeks post-op and down 13lbs. first 2 weeks was a liquid diet. As of today i'm on soft foods. 1/4c of every thing I eat. Water and Protein Shakes in between each meal. 6 meals a day. My surgeon stated once i'm on full solids again , he will do my first fill. My nutritionist said Ill be on full liquids as of February 9th. Does this sound right ? That will put me at almost 9weeks post-op. I thought you get your first fill around 5-6 weeks post-op?

Funny you should ask about this. I had a plastic surgery consult a couple of weeks ago just to see how much it would cost, etc. I am pear shaped and carried a lot of my excess weight below the waist and am looking into a lower body lift and most likely a thigh lift. I don't think my insurance will cover it but I'm checking into it and although the surgeon said that she thinks I am a good candidate to have surgery now I plan to wait until I hit goal before seriously looking into it.