Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Heather.... Since you're in southern CA, you should check out my Dr. I LOVE him. Dr. Davtyan. He has numerous offices, so you bound to find one close to you. His website is www.lapbandla.com.

I have been seeing him once a month since my surgery....and his office staff are also really nice.

Seriously... check him out!!

Hi everyone, there is so much that I can relate to in every one of the previous posts.

I haven't been going to support groups, so my head isn't "really" in the game. I'm finding that I'm eating larger portions just because they taste good, not because I'm hungry. (slippery slope)

I've had first bite syndrome and sometimes it's with food that I don't usually have a problem with. I let myself wait too long in between meals and take the first couple bites because I'm starving.

I usually eat one decent sized meal a day. I can't eat in the mornings, get stuck so I usually just drink my EAS carb control drink, eat greek yogurt with granola and tuna for lunch, and a regular meal in the evening with my husband. Portion Control with the evening meal is the big thing I'm dealing with.

I occasionally have port pain, but that is something I've had since about my 50 lb. weight loss mark. My PA and I have talked about a port revision with a low profile port, but I'm not sure if I want to go through the healing incision thing again.

So, with the holidays started I want to recommit to myself "why" I had the surgery. I'm going to start journaling again, and read my journal to get my head back in the game like I was in the beginning. I've seen so many people come back to support group and they gained back most of their weight, or had prolapse and they all say it's because they "didn't follow the rules".

I'm going to commit to work the band and follow the rules.

So very thankful that this support forum is here and I can always count on you all.

Starting fresh today. I let myself indulge for thanksgiving. I didn't have a problem doing that after all it's just one day, and as I tell my mom, I'm not considering myself on a diet, I'm on a lifestyle change. So I really can't relate to those who tried to stay within their calories on thanksgiving. Problem is leftover Desserts at work and stuff. I'm off today, so hopefully Monday they'll be gone and I can go back to my normal routine, I gave into them to much. So back to my normal self today.

My weight loss has kind of become annoying, I seem to stay the same for a few weeks, then drop for 2 weeks, then plateau again. But inches are still coming off, so my body's changing still so I'm good with that. It's just kind of frustrating with the scale. My goal though is at least for a 70lb loss by Dec 13th, (The day I started my pre op diet). That will mean, I lose 3 times faster than I did with Jenny Craig. I lose 70 lb in 3 years with them. So I'll be happy. Would it have been cool to have a 100 lb loss? Sure, but I'm happy with my progress and I can't go comparing to others. Looks like we're all doing well.

You jump back on the wagon Heather, I know you can do it. Start fresh with liquids if you have to. Go to a support group if there's one by you.

Today is mine, and Vicky's, one year bandiversary!

I am blessedly down 60#, look and feel like a different person.

I will have my hiatal hernia and slipped band surgery on 12-8-11.

How is everyone doing?

Joan

I dont know why i am doing so bad... its been since holloween i am spinning out of control ! nonod.gif i was so close to onederland and then BAM just gained 5 lbs back !!!!!!!!!! now I have to lose 14 lbs to get there and my one year is just days away.....i am very thankful for this site and all of your support !!

thanks

Amy

Today is mine, and Vicky's, one year bandiversary!

I am blessedly down 60#, look and feel like a different person.

I will have my hiatal hernia and slipped band surgery on 12-8-11.

How is everyone doing?

Joan

I can't believe that I missed posting on here for our bandiversary!! It's been an amazing year - I'm down 128.4 lbs and made it to Onederland a few weeks ago! I am so glad I made the decision to have surgery!

Joan - please let me know how you're doing after your surgery...I'll be thinking about you my sistah!

What a year..... Thursday will be my 1 yr banding anniversary. I am down 147 lbs as of this morning. I have officially lost an average sized woman.. LOL. I am still losing at a nice clip so hopefuly by early spring I will be at my goal..... 60-70 lbs to go.,... depending on which day you ask me.001_huh.gif

My last fill may have been a little tight as I am getting a whole lot more restriction...but maybe this is the green zone and I just didnt realize it. Either way, I am not starving, I am healthy and loving watching this weight fall off.

It's my 1 year bandversary today and I'm down 48 kilos (over 100 pounds) and at the goal weight my Dr set!! Wooohoooo!!!

I would like to lose another 5 kilos (can't believe I can say such a small number LOL) but will be very happy if I can maintain this weight. This has been an incredible year and one of the best things I've done for myself.

Its fantastic to read all the wonderful posts and the successes. I look forward to reading a lot of bandversary results this month :)

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary, and I can't believe it's gone by so quickly. A year, and 125 pounds. Amazing! When I look in the mirror, I continue to be blown away by the dramatic changes in me, my life, and my health. Getting banded was the best decision I've ever made. I have no regrets at all.

And for the record, may I also extend a heartfelt THANK YOU!!! to everyone at LBT, but especially to my fellow December 2010 Bandsters. You have all been SO supportive, you've helped me travel this path easily, and with very few missteps. I most sincerely appreciate every one of you!

Dave

I dont know why i am doing so bad... its been since holloween i am spinning out of control ! nonod.gif i was so close to onederland and then BAM just gained 5 lbs back !!!!!!!!!! now I have to lose 14 lbs to get there and my one year is just days away.....i am very thankful for this site and all of your support !!

thanks

Amy

Ah, Amy! I believe in you! You know what to do to regain control. I know you're exercising a lot. Are you drinking any drinks w/ calories other than skim milk? Do you think you need a fill? Get that candy or other contraband out of the house!

Joan

Thank you joan !! i would love to go thru the house and get rid of all the junk but i live with 7 other people and its not my house sad.png ... i dont want to end up homeless ! LOL anyway i am hitting the gym like crazy and i am doing much better TY !!!!!! i just am so shocked looking at all of these BIG losses for a year and I wonder if i did something not right ?!?! i am going for a fill tomorrow :) and I just keep saying this is not a year race but the rest of my life way of living ... i will get to onederland just will take me a little longer then others BUT i will make it there by March 2nd my big 40th!!! teeth_smile.gif

thanks againg for all of your help along my way i sure do need it !!!

best of luck with your surgery in a few days, your on my prayer list !!!

Amy

Thank you joan !! i would love to go thru the house and get rid of all the junk but i live with 7 other people and its not my house sad.png ... i dont want to end up homeless ! LOL anyway i am hitting the gym like crazy and i am doing much better TY !!!!!! i just am so shocked looking at all of these BIG losses for a year and I wonder if i did something not right ?!?! i am going for a fill tomorrow smile.png and I just keep saying this is not a year race but the rest of my life way of living ... i will get to onederland just will take me a little longer then others BUT i will make it there by March 2nd my big 40th!!! teeth_smile.gif

thanks againg for all of your help along my way i sure do need it !!!

best of luck with your surgery in a few days, your on my prayer list !!!

Amy

Amy~ I know how you feel about people losing faster than some others. I figure it's just how it goes. We will never be happy if we compare ourselves to others, someone will always be richer, smarter, prettier... We need to be our original selves! 7 people! That is a busy household! Maybe they can keep their junk food in an out of the way place you won't come across easily.

Thank you praying for me, I really appreciate it! I prayed w/ a prayer chaplain at church Sunday and sent in an online prayer request to Silent Unity. I am trying to think positively. My fear is that my abdomen will be too messed up to replace my band and that the surgeon will remove it. I am terrified of living w/out my band and gaining all my weight back. ; ( One day at a time, right? My surgery is scheduled for 11:45 AM, MST on Thursday in case you can pause in prayer.

Joan

Today is my One Year Bandiversary :) Boy what a year it has been! I am not at my goal yet, but I will get there. It's my race & my pace! I am off all of my blood pressure medications and I feel so much younger and healthier. Losing 75lbs will do that! Congrats to all my fellow December 2010 Bandsters! Can you believe it's been a year!

Today is my 1 year (I know tomorrow is the actual date but I was banded on a Thursday so I am celebrating today...LOL)......

Like so many others on this thread we have come so far so fast in the grand scheme of things;. My Dr told me it would take 2-2.5 yrs to lose 217 lbs. yet I have lost 147 in a year. So I am thinking the next 70 shouldnt take another year. Finally the number doesnt seem insurmountable anymore.

Hello all, i was banded on 12/2 and also had a hernia repair at the same time. I lost 10 lbs on the pre diet, and have lost 3 lbs since surgery. I also still have a large amount of gas, it seems to just never go away completely. I have had very little pain but have no stamina! I get wore out very quickly. I went back to my office job on wednesday, just half days, but if I get up and walk around too much i get shaky and need to sit down asap. Not sure if this is caused by the lack of calories or from the surgery? Any one else experience this? I started out on surgery day at 252, and currently at 247, my goal is 175 for now. I am 5'4" tall.

What is everyone eating? I am sick of the sweet Protein Drinks, but don't know what else to eat. Please give me some suggestions.