Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Seems 1 year ago today I joined ths forum.... thanks for the reminder Alex.

In reality the year has really flown by.... but Ihave to say I am jeaous of so many of you who are nearing goal. I still have 60-80 lbs to go depending on which number I use.,.... and sometimes it feels like I will never get there but then days like today I think about how fast the year flew by and am happy with my progress so far. I need to loose 14 lbs more to get to an even 150 lb lost and that was my goal for my 12/9 band anniversary. I am looking forward to that!

Keep up the good work friends.... we are all doing so well!

Disappointed in losing 136#?! You are doing a FANTASTIC job! You will make your goal weight before you know it!

I am chugging along, down 54#, dealing with the reflux from my slipped band. All in all things are going well. Repositioning surgery is scheduled for December 8th.

Joan

Disappointed in losing 136#?! You are doing a FANTASTIC job! You will make your goal weight before you know it!

I am chugging along, down 54#, dealing with the reflux from my slipped band. All in all things are going well. Repositioning surgery is scheduled for December 8th.

Joan

thanks for the kind words Joan.... Of course I am very happy about my loss... I just want the rest of it to be gone NOW so I can start shopping for something other than dispossable clothes. Obviously....I have no patience to speak of. LOL

Good luck with the repositioning surgery. I am sure you will be well on your way sooner than you can imagine.

Got another fill yesterday afternoon. another .5 cc

Was fine at dr office and that night, liquid went down slow, but okay. This morning at 6 am, I had a Protein Shake, first sip started sliming uncontrollably, then I started vomitting. It's almost 11 AM now and I haven't stopped throwing up. I've got a 2 oclock appointment for an unfill and I am counting the seconds. I haven't had this much pain with my band since day after surgery.

Got another fill yesterday afternoon. another .5 cc

Was fine at dr office and that night, liquid went down slow, but okay. This morning at 6 am, I had a Protein Shake, first sip started sliming uncontrollably, then I started vomitting. It's almost 11 AM now and I haven't stopped throwing up. I've got a 2 oclock appointment for an unfill and I am counting the seconds. I haven't had this much pain with my band since day after surgery.

Yikes! Be sure to stick to liquids only for a couple days to help your stomach lining and esophagus heal.

Joan

I am down 65 lbs., another 60-70 to go. I really want to be under 200 by Thanksgiving. My surgeon gave me the goal of under 200 by next appointment in early Feb. I don't think so!! I want to be at least 25 lbs less!!

No real problems to speak of, normal some-days-I-can-eat-anything and some-days-I-can-eat-nothing. I am close to being filled fully, so I don't really want to think about that....

I love buying clothes in the regular department and sexy boots!

I've noticed that my weight loss has slowed down a lot. grrrrrrrrrrrrr a little frustrating. I also learned to NOT eat raisins. WOW that was a really nasty one!!!! It was stuck for over 2 hours. I'm hoping to be down another 10 pounds before Xmas. However, I do have to admit that my exercise routine has suffered a little these last few weeks. I usually go to the gym during my lunch hour...but I have been so busy at work I haven't be able to go. I HAVE to get back to the gym MUCH more often. I also started a new program doing t-tapp. I really love the way t-tapp is making me feel. I can feel all my muscles tighten up. I am working pretty seriously on my bat wings.... that nasty saggy skin on my upper arms. I have a one of the exercise bands at my desk... so 3 - 4 times a day I'll do some stretches over my head with the band while reading e-mails or whatever. I would LOVE to be comfortable wearing a sleeveless top someday soon.

Anyone else noticing a slower weight loss lately?? I'm getting anxious to go shopping for some smaller clothes.

My Dr. thinks I'm doing GREAT, however.

WOW Great work everyone! I haven't been on here for months. Moving countries, new job, kids etc. I just haven't had time.

My weight loss stagnated for most of the time I've been away from the forum. I had an unfill back in May and haven't had a check up or found a Dr here in China. Then suddenly the weather changes here and get rather cold (for me anyway) and my band is suddenly tighter and I've lost another 10 kilograms!!! I can't work it out. It almost feels like I need another unfill as I can't each much at all and its quite uncomfortable at times. I've even had to go back to the Protein Shakes.< /p>

I'm not really complaining though as I'm only 4 kilos off the Dr's goal weight (I want more). I didn't think I would ever get there for a while and was starting to just accept it. I now might reach my goal by my bandversary and Xmas after all!

Keep up the great work everyone.

Just checking in here....

Been a long time since I posted and things are going ok. I am doing really well. I am within 25 pounds of my goal weight and the weight loss has REALLY slowed down. But, I am getting there. I've been hanging around the 175 - 180 range for a couple months, and sometimes I wonder if this is where my body wants to be at. I feel really good, and I will never regret the decision to have this surgery.

I got real lazy about going to support group on Thursday nights and I need to get back to going. It makes a huge difference with the mind games. The group keeps me grounded and focused on my weight loss. The holidays are coming, and I got to get my head on straight before then.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and post a quick update...I'm now 11 days from my one year bandiversary - I started at 325 lbs and as of this past weekend I AM IN ONEDERLAND!!! I still have about 22 lbs to reach my goal but I am so happy to see a "1" in front of the number on the scale! I am also exercising a lot - my favorite is Zumba and I am also running/walking a 5K so I'm very happy!!

I hope everyone is doing well as we all approach our badiversary...

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and post a quick update...I'm now 11 days from my one year bandiversary - I started at 325 lbs and as of this past weekend I AM IN ONEDERLAND!!! I still have about 22 lbs to reach my goal but I am so happy to see a "1" in front of the number on the scale! I am also exercising a lot - my favorite is Zumba and I am also running/walking a 5K so I'm very happy!!

I hope everyone is doing well as we all approach our badiversary...

Vicky,

You are doing great! We have about the same amount of weight left to lose. I've lost 58# and you've lost more than twice that amount but at the one year mark we are at about the same place, interesting. I am a size 12 pants, medium top and as my husband says in his non-elegant way, I look " almost normal", lol. I have been walking multiple days a week 2 miles at a time and working out at the gym 2-3 times a week. My repositioning surgery and hiatal hernia repair is scheduled for December 8th. I bet you get compliments everywhere you go!

Joan

Vicky,

You are doing great! We have about the same amount of weight left to lose. I've lost 58# and you've lost more than twice that amount but at the one year mark we are at about the same place, interesting. I am a size 12 pants, medium top and as my husband says in his non-elegant way, I look " almost normal", lol. I have been walking multiple days a week 2 miles at a time and working out at the gym 2-3 times a week. My repositioning surgery and hiatal hernia repair is scheduled for December 8th. I bet you get compliments everywhere you go!

Joan

You're doing great, Joan! I'm sorry to hear that you have to have another surgery but I'm happy that they will be able to reposition your band. You've dealt with so many issues related to your band so you should be VERY proud of how you've done!!!

Hi Everyone! It has been some time since I have been on here. I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for so many things this year, but mostly for my LapBand :) The weight loss has slowed significantly! I am just trucking along, and hope to be down another 5lbs by my one year Surgiversary date of December 6th, 2011. I am about 26lbs from my goal of a normal BMI.

Hi Everybody. I'm still around, too, hovering in the area of my goal, but not losing anything recently. I think I've reached that balancing point where my body has equalized my exercise and nutrition, so my weight has stabilized. I have no complaints - this last year has been awesome. 125 pounds is a fantastic weight loss, I look and feel great, and my doctor says everything on the inside is excellent. Had an Upper GI a few weeks ago, everything looks perfect - no slips, stretching, or problems. I continue to monitor my weight, watch what I eat, and work out daily. I feel amazing, and can't say enough good things about this entire experience.

Wishing everyone good news, and easy success with their band!

Dave

Hey guys! Glad to see you all doing so great. Me, not so much... not sure what happened, I just kind of gave up :( now I am eating far too much, and it literally hurts (extra gas etc etc). Not making excuses, I just literally feel like I can't control myself. My life is in a really good place now too (compared to earlier in the year)...

I haven't gained too much back, but I'm scared that will happen. I need to restart but I'm so lost. Should probably go see my doctor, but they are zero help. and haven't called me once since my surgery or my fill. I feel like I need some kind of support, but I'm not sure they can provide it to me. Does anyone do support groups, or talk to a psychologist? Is there psychologists that deal specifically with WLS? (the lady I talked to prior to surgery didn't seem all that helpful..)

Any ideas or if you have some words of encouragement that would be appreciated!

Hey guys! Glad to see you all doing so great. Me, not so much... not sure what happened, I just kind of gave up sad.png now I am eating far too much, and it literally hurts (extra gas etc etc). Not making excuses, I just literally feel like I can't control myself. My life is in a really good place now too (compared to earlier in the year)...

I haven't gained too much back, but I'm scared that will happen. I need to restart but I'm so lost. Should probably go see my doctor, but they are zero help. and haven't called me once since my surgery or my fill. I feel like I need some kind of support, but I'm not sure they can provide it to me. Does anyone do support groups, or talk to a psychologist? Is there psychologists that deal specifically with WLS? (the lady I talked to prior to surgery didn't seem all that helpful..)

Any ideas or if you have some words of encouragement that would be appreciated!

Heather~ I've wondered where you've been and I've missed you! Since you live in CA I bet there are a variety of lap band doctors if you want to switch to a different one. When was your last fill? It sounds like you need a fill visit and a remeet with the nutritionist. Look in the yellow pages for a therapist that works w/ WLS patients, I bet there is one in your area. If you are properly filled you won't overeat because it will come back up, this is my experience.

Hang in there, I know you can get it moving in the right direction again,

Joan