Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Hi Joan, same band repositioned. Fortunately the port didn't need to be altered. Feeling tremendous now!

I was banned 12/08/10.. I was 260 and I am down to 205..YEA!!! I finally have some restriction. I have a 12cc and 7cc in it.!! Congrats to everyone sounds like we are all doing really well!!

Today is my 6month anniversary too!! You are doing WAY better than I am though! Congrats!

Mine was the 9th too! Feels good to be moving forward!

Congratulations to everyone on their 6 month anniversary. Other than not knowing what I can physically eat before every meal (band seems to have a mind of its own), this has been a great process. I have absolutely no regrets about having the surgery--only that I didn't do this years ago. I should be able to start exercising in a couple of weeks. I had surgeries on both knees and have not been able to exercise at all. I go for a follow-up appointment next week, and hopefully I'll get the clearance to exercise or at least get signed up for physical therapy.

weight.png

6 months today! 56lbs. Wish it was more, but I'm totally sabotaging myself.. gotta get back on track! My life has been nuts the past few weeks, and I'm turning to food, like I know I shouldn't ugh. *sigh*

Yikes! AND....you can eat bread? my provider really doesn't want me to try it, sure way of getting stuck..unless it's something super crunchy..like toast or a tortilla...but isn't that the scariest feeling???

Yea, I can eat anything. Personally nothing gets stuck for me. Guess I'm lucky haha. If you wanna do it, try toast first. If you are getting stuck on other types of food I wouldn't try it.

It's a weird feeling!! Didn't like it.

My six month date was last Monday. I was at 90 pounds lost on the actual date, but I've since lost another pound as of this morning, despite being on vacation all last week. It was amazing to come home and find I'd actually lost a bit of weight during my week away.

Overall, I've had no issues. Learning how my body works, and what it takes to make the most of the band, has been the biggest learning curve. That, and finding out what gets stuck, and why. What I haven't sorted out is why a food gets stuck one time, but not the next, and vice versa. Kind of strange.

I'm really pleased to see such high loss numbers from the rest of you. The people in my group at my surgeon's office haven't done nearly as well. You all deserve to be very proud of your success so far! Keep it going!

Dave

WOW...... You are all doing GREAT !!!!!!! Today is my sixth month and I sat there at lunch today and thought about the fat girl i left that day in the surgery room :) never happier !

Amy

I am so thankful that I am scheduled for a fill tomorrow. :D Since I was deflated April 25th and May 5th I have had a basically empty band and have really struggled mentally with this. It is much too easy to fall back into old habits.

I have to tell myself to not feel embarrassed tomorrow when I get weighed and my weight is up from my last visit. My weight has gone up about 5# and I really miss what it feels like to have band restriction.

I am still happy to be down approximately 30# since my preop diet which is more/faster than I have ever lost in 6 months. I am also happy to have been banded even with the vomiting and reflux issues I had before my deflates. I feel and look so much better than I did last summer.

I think it is absolutely wonderful that you all have lost so well these last 6 months and I am looking forward to my own continued success and catching up!

I will pick up a lab slip tomorrow for 6 month post op labs. Has anyone else received their results yet, and if so were your lab values improved?

Joan

So just realized today is exactly my 6 month anniversary for having the surgery. 12-14-10. And while I am happy that so many people have lost so much weight in here. Congrats to everyone! I just start seeing that and feel discouraged. I know I haven't been doing the greatest on my part. But I haven't had the full feeling and can eat a normal amount of food. I just had my 5th fill yesterday and it feels tight right now still on all liquids. So well see how it progresses. But I have barely lost 30lbs and that was in the beginning and haven't lost anything in months just stayed exactly the same. Oh well just hoping it starts working and I start seeing some results. I am getting married in a year and want to have lost another 50 pounds from now to then. Now starts the process of that.

Congrats everyone! My 6 month is this weekend and I am happy with what I have lost but I am struggling. Really hope that getting this fill next week Kicks the weight loss off again. It is a slower process now in the beginning I was loosing so fast so it has been hard mentally hitting the slower weight loss cycle. I only hope this fill helps and I start seeing results quick! Mentally the last month has been the hardest!!!!

So just realized today is exactly my 6 month anniversary for having the surgery. 12-14-10. And while I am happy that so many people have lost so much weight in here. Congrats to everyone! I just start seeing that and feel discouraged. I know I haven't been doing the greatest on my part. But I haven't had the full feeling and can eat a normal amount of food. I just had my 5th fill yesterday and it feels tight right now still on all liquids. So well see how it progresses. But I have barely lost 30lbs and that was in the beginning and haven't lost anything in months just stayed exactly the same. Oh well just hoping it starts working and I start seeing some results. I am getting married in a year and want to have lost another 50 pounds from now to then. Now starts the process of that.

Not everyone gets that "full" feeling, so maybe you need to stop waiting for it. I am convinced that my "full" meter doesn't work properly...I go from "full" to over-full boardering on sick very quickly so if I eat until I'm full then I know I will be miserable in 10-15 minutes. My new normal is eating until I no longer feel hungry...I weigh and measure out my food (4 oz Protein, 1/2 cup veggies) and eat until it is gone and then I stop. It takes some getting used to but since I can't trust my body to tell me when to stop this is what is working for me...

Either way, don't beat yourself up about how much you have/have not lost...everyone is different and you have lost 30 lbs (which is probably more than you would have lost without the band, right?) ;)

Yikes! 6 months exactly today! Precisely 6 months ago, I was sitting in a gown in the hospital, hooked up to machines and an IV, waiting until my surgery. It feels like forever ago, and I remember how rough of shape I was in coming home from the hospital.

It's been amazing how life has changed in this time. I went from worrying and agonizing about my weight every day, to not really thinking all that much about it. I'm down about 65 lbs, and I'm planning on starting P90X in the next day or so, something I would never even contemplate before.

There have been bumps along the way. I wind up PBing at least once a week because I'm still a foodie at heart, and someones I eat too fast, or too much, or don't chew as thoroughly. I've only really had 1 major stuck episode, and other than that, I'm good. I kind of dislike how I can see my port when I'm shirtless, but it's a small price to pay for actually seeing ANY kind of definition in my torso.

Good luck to everyone on the next 6 months !

I am right there with you... I had a long talk with my provider and she said we all hit plateaus...we are in that mode I think. I was banded on 12.6.10 just before you, I have lost 32 and am still sitting there..I just had a fill a week ago and am hoping that will be my 'sweet' spot!! I do know we need to get UP and MOVE move MOVE...

What are you doing for exercise? is it daily? calories taken in? Also the band is a TOOL..you can eat a normal amount of food..or you can 'listen' to your band and stop when you feel full..

Maybe we should be accountable to each other to motivate!!

Reading this keeps reminding me that my 6 months is coming up on the 20th. I really want to be in onederland by then or the week of. I weigh in on Thursday's. I had my first fill on the 25th, lost 3.2lb the week if due to liquids, the next week nothing. Not surprising since I lost a lot (for me at least). I'm hoping I'm down on Thursday, I know I won't make it this week, but pray for next week. That will make me ecstatic. I didn't have a goal before for my six month anniversary, but now that it's so close it is killing me to get there. I'm going to go to a second kickboxing class since I could not go yesterday. I have been doing six classes a week.

Everyone is doing so awesome and I know you're all gonna continue to succeed!

There is no "full" feeling, and you will always be able to eat normally unless food just starts getting stuck, but that isn't healthy. You just have to control what you eat. See, the thing w/ the band is you can eat less, and you won't be hungry, your band and your body doesn't know how much food you've eaten. The hunger hormone just isn't released, your body is satisfied with less food. I know I could probably physically eat half the food that I do.. and not be hungry. I just choose to eat more. I like volume. It's alllllll willpower, it's all mental.

I found some willpower the last 2 days! Stuck to my diet, and exercised woohoo. Let's hope this sticks. I was trying to blame everything on my parents, and them eating out a lot and eating crap (since I moved back home), but that's dumb, I make my own decisions, if they want to ruin their diets then they can go ahead. It's hard, because they eat out of stress. Which is clearly where I learned it, but it's so frustrating.