Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Yikes! AND....you can eat bread? my provider really doesn't want me to try it, sure way of getting stuck..unless it's something super crunchy..like toast or a tortilla...but isn't that the scariest feeling???

It just goes to show you how different everyone's doctor is. My surgeon is very liberal and he encourages patients to try a variety of foods (I'm guessing so you won't feel deprived, then discouraged, then go on a binge). I haven't found anything I can't tolerate and I hope it stays that way!

Wow and congrats to all the Dec 2010 Bandsters!

I can say for myself, it's been quite a journey. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I've got 15 or so pounds till I'm at goal...I'll probably up that to 20 just to give myself a bit of wiggle room.

I'm wearing all my dress clothes that I wore 8 years ago...thank goodness they are classic and still in style lol.

I've experienced a slip so I had revision surgery 2 weeks ago.

I find now that I'm getting nervous...what if I slip again (it was painful and at a VERY inconvenient time)

What if I gain it back? I'm not sabotaging myself...just hearing voice in my head lol

Do you know what the slip was caused by?

Hi Everyone

I'm new to This forum

it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in;) Bz.jpgBz.jpggrey.pngBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpg

Welcome to you hotabriana...feel free to jump in and peruse the topics..

It just goes to show you how different everyone's doctor is. My surgeon is very liberal and he encourages patients to try a variety of foods (I'm guessing so you won't feel deprived, then discouraged, then go on a binge). I haven't found anything I can't tolerate and I hope it stays that way!

My provider is liberal on foods..just cautious on bread..greater chance of it getting 'balled' up I guess..

and I agree with the trying a variety of foods..I usually will try one small bite of something new..and if it goes..YAY!

If not then will try something else..

She said...I don't ever want you to feel deprived of food..this is a TOOL..not a solution..

and I abide by that...

I had the best day!!! First I had an appointment with my surgeon who was thrilled with my progress and then I had an appointment with my PCP who hasn't seen me since he wrote my referral for surgery. He and his nurse both couldn't stop complementing me for my weight loss AND I didn't have to wear the "fat girl" gown!! The regular gown fit comfortably!!

Wow.... just looked @ my calendar... 6 months ago today I had my surgery.... where has time gone? I am thrilled with my progress but I still have a long haul so continue to get frustrated with non loss weeks even though I am sticking to my plan perfectly.... Its comforting to see others with the same struggles.

Keep up the good work!

Wow.... just looked @ my calendar... 6 months ago today I had my surgery.... where has time gone? I am thrilled with my progress but I still have a long haul so continue to get frustrated with non loss weeks even though I am sticking to my plan perfectly.... Its comforting to see others with the same struggles.

Keep up the good work!

You're doing great!! I know how it feels to have lost so much but still have so far to go but WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Keep up the good work!

Today is my 6month anniversary too!! You are doing WAY better than I am though! Congrats!

WOW !!! you are all doing WONDERFUL !!! My six moth is dec 13 and I have lost 48 lbs.... you are all up there... Congrats !! i am a little green...:blink:

I lost 54 at my 6 month bandiversary. I am thrilled with the loss so far but still have a long way to go. I just hope the next 6 months go as well as the first 6. Everyone keep up the good work!

Today is my 6month anniversary too!! You are doing WAY better than I am though! Congrats!

You have less to lose so I think its natural for it to slow down more quickly. I am also 5'10.... My weight has a lot of hiding places....LOL I would be VERY surprised if I duplicated the past 6 months.....by losing 92 lbs in the next 6 months. For the past 2 months I have averaged about 10 lbs per month so thats only 60 more at the 1 year mark B) .

Of course losing 152 lbs in a year would just rock my world. LOL I cant wait to say... Oh I have 30-40 more lbs to go!

Happy 6 month surgiversary to us all!!

Happy 6 month surgiversary to us all!!

Do you know what the slip was caused by?

It's not clear. I had some gastro troubles when I was in India in April, they diagnosed my with a pouch dialation and unfilled me completely. When I saw the nurse yesterday she felt that the trouble I had in India, was probably not completely out of my system and the extreme vomitting I had while in Paris resulted in the slip.

Her advice was, eat slow, chew chew chew, don't drink with meals, small bites...basically the rules. i'm still empty and will be up until July 18th...we will be very conservative with my fills from there.

I asked her about the 5 day pouch test and she, nor my surgeon were convinced that, without an unfil, the pouch test would be helpful.

fingers crossed I won't have to go through that again.

So its been a bit quiet on here lately!

I haven't posted for ages but love reading everyones experiences.

Beergut- I hope you bought some new clothes, you will feel so much better and it will give you a boost to lose those last few pounds. I'm buying a few new things each month and it is really making me feel good and excited to lose more. I'm not buying expensive things as I hope to be out of them soon and I'm finding that the 'normal size' clothes stores are a lot cheaper anyway. Its just realizing that I can actually go into them now and not be embarrassed.

Well its been 6 months (yesterday) since I was banded and I am down nearly 39 kilos thats 85 pounds! I'm very happy but still want MORE! My Dr only wants me to lose another 10 kg (22pounds) but I want to lose 15-20 kilos more! I'll see how it all goes.

Since I've had an un-fill I've started losing again but very slowly. I'm loving that I can eat properly again and not throwing up after every meal.

I will try to insert a before and after photo.

gallery_0_7126_68746.jpg

Hope you are all well!

You look fabulous! I am so happy for you!:)

Congrats to everyone! Ya'll are doing so well!

As for me, I have been feeling like something is stuck in my throat all day. I had a fill a couple weeks ago which brought me to 5.25cc. I felt fine afterwards but maybe its now getting tighter? I havent had anything to eat, just coffee. Is that what restriction feels like. I'm almost 6 months out and haven't had that feeling before.

Congrats again!

I have felt tighter 2-3 weeks after a fill than I have in the first week.

I had the best day!!! First I had an appointment with my surgeon who was thrilled with my progress and then I had an appointment with my PCP who hasn't seen me since he wrote my referral for surgery. He and his nurse both couldn't stop complementing me for my weight loss AND I didn't have to wear the "fat girl" gown!! The regular gown fit comfortably!!

Yeah for you Vicky! You are doing super!

It's not clear. I had some gastro troubles when I was in India in April, they diagnosed my with a pouch dialation and unfilled me completely. When I saw the nurse yesterday she felt that the trouble I had in India, was probably not completely out of my system and the extreme vomitting I had while in Paris resulted in the slip.

Her advice was, eat slow, chew chew chew, don't drink with meals, small bites...basically the rules. i'm still empty and will be up until July 18th...we will be very conservative with my fills from there.

I asked her about the 5 day pouch test and she, nor my surgeon were convinced that, without an unfil, the pouch test would be helpful.

fingers crossed I won't have to go through that again.

Was your revision a surgical replacement of your band or a surgical repositioning? I had a lot of vomiting and had my band basically emptied but fortunately the band stayed in place. I go for a refill Tuesday which I am SO thankful for. I have been feeling unbanded and have gained some weight back. :(

Joan