Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss so far!! Last saturday we went out of town to throw a "No More Chemo" party for my 5 year old son. He just finished his last chemo treatment YEAH But I had seen most of our family in mid Feb and have only lost about 10 lbs since but everyone was going on about how much I had lost. I think it was because of the new clothes I had finally bought where before I was still wearing my old clothes. I have went from a size 26 to an 18 which is so exciting. I had another fill today it was a small fill .3 ccs. I am over 5 cc's but not sure exactly how much is in there. I had lost 8.5 lbs in 3 weeks!! I had only lost 2 lbs in the 6 wks prior so I was happy to know I was back on track.

Congrats to YOU and especially to your son..Keep up the great job, you want to be around a LONG time for him..

I feel like I am stuck in a bit of a rut with my weight loss. I went off of my blood pressure meds almost 4 weeks ago and over the first 2 weeks after stopping I lost 10 lbs - crazy, right? Well, the past 2 weeks I have yo-yo'd up and down the same pound. This could just be a normal plateau...I have lost 73 lbs since starting my pre-op diet on Nov 18th and with the exception of a short stall when I moved to solid food I have lost fairly consistently every week. I am thinking of doing either the 5 day pouch test or just going on all liquids for a day or two to see if I can get things jump started again. Has anyone done the 5 day pouch test? If so, did it help?

Maybe I am jumping the gun on this and blowing it way out of proportion but I know I don't need a fill (I actually have to force myself to eat 1,000 calories a day because if I eat less then I don't lose anything and I rarely get hungry between meals)...any suggestions?

I feel like I am stuck in a bit of a rut with my weight loss. I went off of my blood pressure meds almost 4 weeks ago and over the first 2 weeks after stopping I lost 10 lbs - crazy, right? Well, the past 2 weeks I have yo-yo'd up and down the same pound. This could just be a normal plateau...I have lost 73 lbs since starting my pre-op diet on Nov 18th and with the exception of a short stall when I moved to solid food I have lost fairly consistently every week. I am thinking of doing either the 5 day pouch test or just going on all liquids for a day or two to see if I can get things jump started again. Has anyone done the 5 day pouch test? If so, did it help?

Maybe I am jumping the gun on this and blowing it way out of proportion but I know I don't need a fill (I actually have to force myself to eat 1,000 calories a day because if I eat less then I don't lose anything and I rarely get hungry between meals)...any suggestions?

Vicky, from what I have seen, you are one of those bandsters who have stuck with the plan and are committed to your journey. I bet that your body went a bit nuts from losing 10 lbs so fast. Give it a bit of time to catch up with you. I say stick with the regimen that has worked for you since November. You've been doing great and I really think the change in medication just needs to be given some time to adjust within your body's chemistry.

Keep up the good work. Are you exercising? Maybe an extra walk in the evening might shake things up a bit (unless you are already doing that!)

I'm having a slightly similar problem, this past week I was up a pound and I didn't do anything different to deserve the gain. I am now fluctuating and am getting upset about it. I wanna do something different, I went rollerblading yesterday and I'm gonna continue that so not sure with the increased activity. Do I up my calories, decrease them, do a liquid diet for a day or two. Not happy with the way the scale is going right now :(

I KNOW I am under 1000 calories a day ..for most days. I work nights..have you ever tried to eat that many calories at night or at work? ha ha ha So I am working on that ..

I yo yo up and down the same 1-2 lbs every day..

I'm doing the Dance 2 on Wii changed that up to do 6 songs in a row..I am not the dancer I thought I was.

LOL starting the treadmill on alternate days too..

Each day is a NEW day..

At least it sounds like I'm in good company...LOL :lol:

I will admit to not exercising nearly enough...my plan was to get into a regular exercise schedule this week but I broke my toe on Saturday so the only thing I can do exercise wise is my stationary bike. I've done it Monday and Wednesday for an hour each time and my goal is to get in at least 3 more hour long workouts this week. I think I need to find something more exciting to do for my workouts because I get bored and unmotivated very easily...it's funny since I was a very active athlete in high school. What do you all do for exercise? I am open to trying new things (except rollerblading Jess because I am a major clutz...hence the broken toe ;) )

I've been playing tennis lately but that would be hard without a partner (I can't run that fast!!!)

I think you are jumping the gun, LOL. Let your body adjust to the 10# drop. To answer your exercise post, I go to the gym 3X aweek for a 30 minute weight/cardio circuit. I also like to walk a few of the other days per week.

I'm having a slightly similar problem, this past week I was up a pound and I didn't do anything different to deserve the gain. I am now fluctuating and am getting upset about it. I wanna do something different, I went rollerblading yesterday and I'm gonna continue that so not sure with the increased activity. Do I up my calories, decrease them, do a liquid diet for a day or two. Not happy with the way the scale is going right now :(

What # of calories are you eating daily? How is your band at this point, great or too loose? TOM gain, salty foods Fluid retention, Constipation? Changing your exercise sounds like a great idea. I have been succesful breaking a plateau in the past by exercising 2X aday, not long workouts just 2 of them.

I KNOW I am under 1000 calories a day ..for most days. I work nights..have you ever tried to eat that many calories at night or at work? ha ha ha So I am working on that ..

I yo yo up and down the same 1-2 lbs every day..

I'm doing the Dance 2 on Wii changed that up to do 6 songs in a row..I am not the dancer I thought I was.

LOL starting the treadmill on alternate days too..

Each day is a NEW day..

Hi CiCi, I am an RN, too. What kind of unit do you work? Are you one of the night shift workers who don't have much appetite or the type who eats all night to stay awake? I was both types during my years of night shift, LOL. How is your band working at this time? Are you drinking ample Water?

I am in a bit of a slump myself, LOL. I had 2cc removed from my band last week and have only very minimal band assistance right now, ie I have to work harder, LOL. I needed my stomach to heal after I was so sick. It seems I was getting stuck so much due to my extreme seasonal allergies causing post nasal drip which kinda plugged up my pouch. The getting stuck/vomiting caused my stomach to swell and since it can't swell out it swelled in and made everything worse. I feel wonderful since the deflate but have a fear of gaining weight. :( My next fill is June 3rd, hopefully I can maintain until then.

Joan

What # of calories are you eating daily? How is your band at this point, great or too loose? TOM gain, salty foods Fluid retention, Constipation? Changing your exercise sounds like a great idea. I have been succesful breaking a plateau in the past by exercising 2X aday, not long workouts just 2 of them.

Joan

Calories is usually around 1200. If I do 2 kickboxing classes (or a lot if exercise ) I will go up to 1400. As for my band, ive yet to have a fill, but lately some days I'm starving other days I'm fine so when I go in on the 25th I'll be discussing it. Not Tom gain, salty foods is possible I guess. My rollerblading has been temporarily been put on hold until I get a new pair. I was not meant to blade in a 15 year old pair, I tried to take them out again and they broke. So I have to find a new pair.

I think you are jumping the gun, LOL. Let your body adjust to the 10# drop. To answer your exercise post, I go to the gym 3X aweek for a 30 minute weight/cardio circuit. I also like to walk a few of the other days per week.

I realize that I can be a bit neurotic about things...LOL...I know I just need to relax about it...easier said than done ;) ...maybe that needs to be my personal goal for the May Challenge...

I ate so poorly yesterday, there was a party for someone that's leaving at work. I am so disappointed in myself. I bought some milk last night and I need to get back on track, so today I'm going to do Protein Shakes. I'm going to try to do it all day, but if I'm starving by later I'll have a light dinner. Might do tomorrow too. I just need to get back on track and hopefully this will give me a push, because the scale is depressing me. I am like addicted to the scale, I'm trying to cut back and I promised myself I will only step on it once a day, right when I wake up.

I am glad to see this last month has been hard on others too! I guess we are just at that stage with our band. I had a follow up yesterday and did not get a fill. Do not know whether to be happy or sad. I only lost 6lbs in 6 weeks which is hard when I was losing 10-14 a month before. Oh well I now have to work on working my bad. I really should not complain because I have been cheating a lot over the last month. I am trying to find the strength to kick start my butt right back to being very strict and not going a stray. I am 3lbs from 60 total pounds lost and I really want to get there.

Well here goes my first strict day of calorie counting and measuring here on out!

I'm in the 180s!!!! I can't believe it! (Sorry, I had to tell someone!!) biggrin.gif

I'm in the 180s!!!! I can't believe it! (Sorry, I had to tell someone!!) biggrin.gif

So awesome! You are kicking ass!!

The 180's! That's fantastic!

As for me, I'm almost out of the 240's. Down 61 pounds including pre-op diet.

Congratulations to all of us!