Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Hello,

I am in the "I need a fill" group, LOL! I have my second fill scheduled for Feb. 4th. I hardly have any restriction right now and am anxious to get losing some more.

I can eat anything I want, just slowly and mindfully. I eat scrambled or fried eggs most mornings. I like the Greek yogurt, too but have it between meals if I am really hungry.

I have been exercising most days and journaling.

Keep up the good work, Joan

My second fill is Feb 7TH, I'm totally ready for it as well.

Re: salad, I love salads! I use a balsamic vinegar dressing all organic and only 60 calories for 2 tablespoons. I eat the greens salad too, not iceberg. Totally not a slider food. Seems to keep me satiated for hours!

Still ready for that fill though ;)

I thought that is what I was told to eat. I have an appointment at the nutritionist on Saturday, I will talk to her then. Even with that though I still have trouble getting 1200 calories in. I need at least that or else I do not lose with to low of calories.

I was told to eat about the same amount. 3 to 4 oz of Protein 1/2 cup of veggies and a 1/2 cup of starch if your still hungry.

Buh, this Northeast weather is killing me. I've had two fills scheduled and cancelled ! Hopefully this Thursday we can squeeze it in. After losing about 4-5 lbs per week on liquids, I've definitely stalled out, losing only .5 to 1lb per week. Gotta get that fill !

i go back to the doctor on the 7th. i have not had a fill yet. i am averaging abour 2-3 pounds per week. but i still can not eat very much. not sure if i will get a fill or not. a friend of mine had the band surgery in July 2010 and did not get a fill till December because she kept losing weight. i just want to lose 2-3 pounds per week. i think any fast than that is too much. I wish everyone luck!

It's funny how this journey goes...I am one of those people who weighs everyday (I know I probably shouldn't but it's a compulsion right now :blink: ) and because I weigh everyday I tend to lose track of how much I am losing each week. This morning I got on the scale and was slightly disappointed that I had only lost 1 lb since last week (or so I thought) but when I went to log in my weight for the January challenge I realized that I had actually lost 2 lbs since last week and had lost 10.6 lbs during the month of January - that is 2.6 lbs per week! I am very happy with these results but I would have never known if I wasn't participating in the challenge. I think I am going to try to put my scale away and only weigh twice a week (I don't think I'm ready to cut back to once a week yet)...

I weigh everyday too sometimes multiple times :( I know I shouldn't but it seems to be a bit of an obsession right now. I made a spreadsheet on google docs to log my weight weekly. I was banded on a friday so I have been logging weight on Friday. Eventually I will just start logging monthly but right now I like to see what I am doing weekly.

How do you know when you need a fill? I got 5.5cc in my first fill 2 weeks ago, so I'm guessing longer than most people.. when I stop losing weight? He didn't say anything when I left the office.

It's funny how this journey goes...I am one of those people who weighs everyday (I know I probably shouldn't but it's a compulsion right now :blink: ) and because I weigh everyday I tend to lose track of how much I am losing each week. This morning I got on the scale and was slightly disappointed that I had only lost 1 lb since last week (or so I thought) but when I went to log in my weight for the January challenge I realized that I had actually lost 2 lbs since last week and had lost 10.6 lbs during the month of January - that is 2.6 lbs per week! I am very happy with these results but I would have never known if I wasn't participating in the challenge. I think I am going to try to put my scale away and only weigh twice a week (I don't think I'm ready to cut back to once a week yet)...

Yea, I'm going to start weighing daily so I'm more accountable. I saw that in a magazine yesterday and I like that idea.

Hello I had my surgery on dec 29th ! My highest weight was 440 lbs I've already lost 55lbs I'm down to 385 ! My 1st goal is to be below 300 2nd goal is to be around 250 3rd 200 4th to below 200 ! I know I have a lot of goals but its things I look forward to! Lapband is the best thing I could of possibly done for me to get my life back!

Hi Mandyluvmylapband!! Iwas banded on 12/30/10. My highest weight was 384, since I started in september with the seminar and all and my surgery I hit my fifty pound mark so Im now 334 an it feels great. Congratulations on your lose it is wonderful. Hey the more goals the better!!! Have you had a fill yet? Mine is 2/10/11, I'm a little nervous but I'm sure it will be ok.

I really love reading everyones posts, they are very informative. I wish you all the happiness in getting your life back I am right along side you!!!!

Eileen

I have been weighing every day (multiple times, too)! My nutritionist is really unhappy with this - I liked the idea someone had on another thread to have their spouse hide the scale. But I am not ready to give it up yet :rolleyes: I get elated when it is a pound less, dejected when it is a pound more, even though I know in my head that it is all Water weight on the daily ups and downs!

I'm getting my fill today! I'm a little worried, I dunno what to do.. looks like it's probably liquids for a day or so after? My doctor called yesterday and they said just eat light today. What did you guys have to do?

Hi HeatherinCA, My name is Eileen I'm from NJ. I was banded on 12/30/10. I wil Have my first fill on 2/10/11. I was wondering how did it go for you with your first fill?

Thanks Eileen

Ok i go for my fill feb 8th and my dr is using the fluoroscope... what is it and what did he do??? I have asked other people and nobody heard of it. did you have to drink nasty stuff again?? i hope not :blink:

Hi Amyloveslou! I go for my first fill on 2/10/11 and I think it is the same as you mentioned I know I have to go to the xray department. I'm a little nervous but im sure it will be ok

let me know how it goes for you good luck..

Eileen

Thanks for the tips!

I do not see a Nut or really get much support at all over here. I go for my fills, have a chat with the Dr and that's about it. So I'm really doing this on my own and with the help of all of you- so THANK YOU!!

I will try and eat eggs in the morning. I was told by my Dr that eggs are hard to digest and that I should have scrambled eggs. I'm not fussed on them scrambled so haven't been bothered, but I will try them again. Is 2 eggs too many? I guess I should wait and see how I feel when eating them.

Amyloveslou- I haven't had a problem with salad and lettuce seems to be one of the easier things to eat. I use it as a wrap for my deli meat. I'm no longer keen on tomatoes though. I used to eat at least 1 Tomato a day and now I just eat cucumbers and lettuce- Yum!

Hi Purpleshell, My name is Eileen. I was banded on 12/30/10 and am still new at the whole band thing but this web site is good and very informative. I wil have my first fill on 2/10/11 and am looking forward to it . I lost 50lbs sinc I started with my doctor in september 2010. I was reading all these posts and i know one you had questioned the amount of Fluid to drink. My nutritionist says 64 oz. I did have a hard time with this at first but now I try to get it up there every day. I also found another site you might like Its called BariatricEating.com It looks like a great site also. has lots of info and recipies and stuff. you should check it out. good luck with your journey.

Eileen

Hi HeatherinCA, My name is Eileen I'm from NJ. I was banded on 12/30/10. I wil Have my first fill on 2/10/11. I was wondering how did it go for you with your first fill?

Thanks Eileen

Hi, it was easy, no pain. It's just a little weird. I had 5.5ccs put in my band. He used the fluroscope machine and made me drink some stuff, then put some more.

Hi Amyloveslou! I go for my first fill on 2/10/11 and I think it is the same as you mentioned I know I have to go to the xray department. I'm a little nervous but im sure it will be ok

let me know how it goes for you good luck..

Eileen

I had a fluroscope, you drink a little bit of white gunky liquid just so your doctor can see how it's flowing. It wasn't much and didn't taste that bad.

Hello,

I had my second fill on Thursday and am now filled to 6.0 cc in a 10 cc band. I am feeling more restriction but not too much. I have my next fill on March 4th. I think a little more of a fill will put me at my sweet spot/green zone.

How's everyone doing?

Joan