Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was banded on Nov 19, 2010. I just wanted to check and see how everyone is doing. Has anyone had any fills yet.

I was banded on Nov 3rd. I havent had my first fill yet. Up until last week i didnt really need it, but the weight loss has stopped and i think its time! I have appt end of this month. Cant wait!

I was banded on the 18th, no fill yet. Should be in the next 3 weeks according to my Dr., I see him for the first time tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I was banded on 11/8 and I have an unfilled band right now. I've been able to lose 30 lbs but now being on solid food...its levelled out. Haven't gained but notice nothing is coming off. I'm OK with that as long as I dont overeat and gain! I get my fill on the 28th. I haven't had any problems eating anything right now so I'm alittle scared about getting "STUCK". Good luck all!

It is too soon for me since I was banded on 11/29. My surgeon adds Fluid to the band during surgery. I am at the stage where I am wondering if I did the right thing. I am tired of liquids. Tired of the gas. Tired of head hunger but not tired of seeing the scale move! I am just waiting for this part to get easier.

No fill yet. expecting to be filled Dec 16th. Looking forward to some restriction.

Was banded on 11/9. Going to have my first fill on 12/21. I am looking forward to it. I noticed that I can eat bigger portions again (about 1 1/2 cups of food per meal). Weight loss slowed down a lot. I am having a hard time getting my Protein in. I assume that's the problem.

I just got banded on 11/29, I am going through the stage right now where I wonder if this will work for me. I know it will work if I put the work into it like the exercise part but I am so afraid of falling into all my bad habits. I felt myself get that way this past weekend. The stress comes and all I want to do is grab a bowl of icecream or some chips. I have always been guilty of mindless eating and I caught myself doing it this weekend when I was fixing the kids plates. Luckily I caught myself before I ate more than a bite or two but I need to stop. I have never been one too keen on exercise which is one reason why I am in the position that I am but I keep wondering to myself, will I ever be gung-ho about exercise the way some of these veteran bandsters on here are? I don't have a scale at home yet so I don't know if I have lost any weight this week. I don't think I have since I don't feel like I have. I go for my post-op appointment next Thursday and my first fill is scheduled after Christmas. Sorry to be a downer today.

It is too soon for me since I was banded on 11/29. My surgeon adds Fluid to the band during surgery. I am at the stage where I am wondering if I did the right thing. I am tired of liquids. Tired of the gas. Tired of head hunger but not tired of seeing the scale move! I am just waiting for this part to get easier.

The first week i thought to my self was this really worth it. My body hurt and I felt really tired.But know I feel so much better since I am on mushy foods.

Hi,

I was banded on 11/29...So totally understand everyone's comments..

Having alot of gas, wondering how foks are getting it out....cant seem to burp that sucessfully here.

I was also re-reading the stats on lapband and began to wonder if I made the right decision....but I am going to stick with it.

Have an appt with my surgeon on tuesday, post op review, then my 1st post op group session on friday..

Was able to go on 8 oz of Protein starting friday, so happy to do that....i am struggling to get the 60 oz of clear liquid in without gulping everything down...

I was banded on 11-10-10. My first fill is scheduled for Dec. 13th. I look forward to it because I'm at a point where I don't even feel banded. My surgeon starts with some fill at surgery so I'm not empty but I def feel like I am. food has not been a problem and I can def eat more then a cup. I'm getting hungry much faster then I was 2 weeks after surgery. I look forward to some restriction!

For the posters that were banded on 11/29...

Don't worry it will get better. By week two, you will start to feel yourself again and start feeling great. I felt the same way thinking what did I do and get myself into. It will def get easier and once you add in some mushy's and soft foods you will feel much better about the whole thing.

Hang in there... it will get better!

i was banded on November 1st. I got my first fill on November 30th. I have a 10 CC band and got 4 CC's. So far I have some restriction but I know that I am nowehre near where I need to be. I go back for my second fill on January 3rd. My doctor says it typically takes 3 to 5 fills to hit the sweet spot ( between 6 and 8 CC's full ). Good luck to everyone! Keep up the good work and support.

For the posters that were banded on 11/29...

Don't worry it will get better. By week two, you will start to feel yourself again and start feeling great. I felt the same way thinking what did I do and get myself into. It will def get easier and once you add in some mushy's and soft foods you will feel much better about the whole thing.

Hang in there... it will get better!

Thanks, i was banded 11/29...and felt like why did i do this...am i crazy...but i am getting used to it, although the gas pain has to go and it is lodged in my shoulder and it gets very painful and annoying....

Thanks, i was banded 11/29...and felt like why did i do this...am i crazy...but i am getting used to it, although the gas pain has to go and it is lodged in my shoulder and it gets very painful and annoying....

The gas will eventually go away... I know it feels like it won't but it will. By week two I didn't have any. Walking helps A LOT with the gas. As for the shoulder pain, I had really sharp pains in my left shoulder.. have you tried a heating pad? It worked wonders for me. I used the packs you can microwave and i got it really hot... gave my such relief. Give it a try if you haven't already. Also, walk..walk.. walk!

By next week you will be feeling much better... hang in there!