Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you pay for the lap band?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much did you pay for the lap band?

• I paid nothing or near nothing, just insurance co-pays.
    • I paid between 5,000 and 7,000
    • I paid between 7,000 and 10,000
    • I paid between 10,000 and 15,000
    • I paid over 15,000.

I paid 9,000 plus airfare for two so around 10,000. Fills will be $450 where I live so its still adding up but worth every penny!!

I went to Mexico and paid for my band and I do not regret it for a moment. I have a fill doctor here and he's the greatest and I pay nothing there either, why? I don't know, I guess it's how they word the claim papers. I started out paying $25 - $50 for the office visit but now nothing, I am happy about that.

I have really good insurance through my employer, and they allow WLS where there is a diagnosis of MO -- united health care -- and I didn't have to pay one thin dime.

Guest BIG-G4NOW

$16,300 for surgery and $100.00 per fill. My employer doesn't pay for any weight loss services.

Oh well it's the best $17,000.00 I have ever spent!

I won't get banded till next Wed, but all I pay is $20 for office visits. Nothing for surgery or tests. United Health Care. Thank you Lord!

i voted, and paid $6500, with airfare and one fill so far, the total is $6738.00. not bad, but keeping fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

$14,000 cash - includes 1 year of fills/visits! If I lose 100 pounds, that will be $140 per pound - well worth it in my book!!

Self-pay, $18,900 (gulp!!). Included: psychiatric group (bi-monthly), support group (monthly), unlimited nutritionist visits & quarterly visits with a physical therapist as well as unlimited fills for the first year.

We may have gotten ripped off, I try not to think about it. :) So far I've been really, really happy with the team spirit.

I paid about $7,300.00 for the entire surgery &hotel. Doesn't include $250.00 or so for my airline tickets.

Lisa

Acuna, Mexico

Dr. Rodriguez

Dec. 12

225/209/128

I voted, but I fully expect to have to pay my annual out of pocket max......which is around $3000.00

Self pay at his office is $16,500.00

My self pay price is $17,500 which includes everything except Optifast. The Optifast is another $100.00 per week and I have to pay for it seperately. the price includes follow-up and fills for 1 year post op.

My insurance has a weight loss surgery exclusion :)