Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you pay for the lap band?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much did you pay for the lap band?

• I paid nothing or near nothing, just insurance co-pays.
    • I paid between 5,000 and 7,000
    • I paid between 7,000 and 10,000
    • I paid between 10,000 and 15,000
    • I paid over 15,000.

I had 3 band-related procedures in 3 different Mexican facilities PLUS 2 hospitalizations in California PLUS 2 Urgent Care procedures in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Nevada</st1:State></st1:place> and ONE horrifying wound cleaning procedure by a bariatric surgeon (may as well throw in 2 uncomfy & expensive endoscopies & various Upper GIs.) My band related surgeries were performed by Lopez, Sanchez, Billy, Kuri and his partner. I’ve further consulted one-on-one with Ortiz & his partner, Fisher & his partner, and had the pleasure of a lengthy telephonic conference with Dr. Rumbault. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

The second question isn't related to this topic. If you want to follow me around attacking my posts, please take it to the appropriate Rants & Raves forum.

My surgeons are Dr. Kuri and his partner, Dr. Lopez and his partner, Dr. Sanchez and Dr. Billy. I've stayed in 3 separate Mexican facilies, two California hospitals, several US Urgent Care facilites and have personally consulted face to face with Ariel Ortiz, Dr. Fisher and his partner. I've had the further privilege of a telephonic conference with Dr. Rumbault in Monterey.

I'm not following you around, I've been posting in this thread since March. I'm not attacking you, I asked a simple question.

But I believe I accidentally found your old ID when I was searching for my own first post in this thread. Or, someone with the same problems, banded at the same time, and by the same doc.

FWIW, I am sincerely sorry you lost your band. I can't imagine what all you have gone through.

For my post visits, surgery, 8 days in ICU, a total replacement of my band because of a crack in the tubing total medical bills for this experience are around $96,000.00 and I owe a $1400.00.

I went through Harper University Hospital in Detroit with Dr Matt Weiner and paid 11700.00. That covers EVERYTHING (except post surgery meds which was another 90.00). That covered the pre surgery testing the surgery, anesthesia, one day in hospital overnight, accomidations for my dh and I. We stayed at the hospital apartments and had it for 3 nights if we wanted it. I felt well enough to go home the day after surgery so I did not need to stay. I considered Mexico but by the time I paid for airfare and such it cost almost the same (maybe a little less in Mexico) but now I can go back to Detroit ( a four hour drive) to get my fills without trying to find someone else to do it. I think it was a good price and seeing what others paid for a US surgery I would say it is one of the lowest.

$8500 total for 3 days and 2 nights in TJ, MX with Dr. Ortiz. Self-pay.

Travel to San Diego and small food budget in TJ for Soups and juices.

Total: 9K from Las Vegas.

Will be going back to SD for first fill as I consider it a post-op visit as well. Depending on final cost will likely start going to fillcenterusa.com near me with floro for remainder aftercare.

They have a 4 fills, 1 consultation, 8 appointments for like $1300 which should cover me for a full year.

I have BCBS and they cover this procedure in full with small co-pay complements of my DH's bank awesome insurance. I didn't qualify due to low BMI.

Sooo. . .currently researching whether BCBS will cover aftercare regardless of whether they paid for the surgery or not. Also, whether fillcentersusa.com take insurance, etc.

So much paperwork.

95K. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid 14,800.00 total for everything. $10,000 for the surgery center, 3800 for the doctor, and $1000 for all my follow visits and fills.

I paid 14,500 for surgery plus $500 for a psych eval. Now I pay $250 for fills after having used up my 3 months of free follow-up/fills.

So far I'm still at $15,000.

I was self-pay. No insurance. I paid $7500 for Surgery and $229. round trip to San Diego. Dr. gave me first fill on second day - 1cc. Got second fill in Houston two days ago $150 - .6cc. Found my current "sweet spot" Would do it over again. Great experience in TJ. Great Dr. Thank goodness no complications. Going back to him in March for further surgery.

Anyway you could tell me what doctor in Mexico you went to? I am currently looking into the lap band....and I am thinking about going to Mexico and paying half the cost, since I am a self pay.