Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 years since being banded

There will forever be good days and bad days - must never lose focus on the energy balance.

Brad

Man, how did you do it. I am getting banded on the 8th of february and am looking forward to it. Do you focus mainly on weights or are you doing cardio as well?

" Celebrate in the acheivement thus far... don't beat yourself up on what could have been... and keep pushing to your goal." absolute TRUTH!!!

John,

Congrats on your progress!!

You have to fight the selfish tendency of of wanting more and be happy with what you have. I have the same issues but have overcome it with the weight thing.

Take pictures of yourself often. Nobody ever has to see them but you. Then put the fattest one you have next to your current picture and the difference will give you such a high. At least that works for me. It is better than any drug I've ever taken for a quick high.

It sounds like you have a great support network in your friends. That is a huge help as well.

Also, why aren't you seeing a therapist? Have you tried? It may help. If not, you're only out $85 - $100.

Thanks for responding... I got over my hump. I got a fill on Dec 13th of 2010 and it must have been my sweet spot... at that time i was 326.. not sure why i put 320.. anyway as of friday i am at 301 so it's working. I just joined a gym to start working out. I can finally see small differences in my face.. that was my biggest peeve.. my chins and chins.. they are going away!!!!

I was doing real well and then I found out that I did not have to take any medison for diabeties, so as a result i begin to eat alot of ice cream and anything that will go down easy.

I stop exercising and I had two bad experiences with being overfilled.

Really for the past 18 months I have gain around 45 lbs. Probably the most important reason that I gained weight is I stop accessing this tremendous resource call the the Lap Band Forum.

I got a fill on March 1, and started looking at the board again and am now back to watching what i eat and starting to walk a bit more.

I feared that the diabeties would come back but it has not so I feel fortunate.

I still am pleased with the lap band itself and even through the weight gain it still alot less then it would be of been in the old days where I would lose 50 lbs and gain 60 lbs.