Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCOS pregnancy success story.

I wanted to add a short update! I had my IUD removed in March, and just yesterday got a positive test (and had blood test confirmation today). I'm currently 4 weeks pregnant. I bawled, huge, gasping-for-breath sobs, for ten minutes when I found out. We tried for so long for my daughter, and, after losing 122lbs, I got pregnant so quickly! I hope this little one sticks!

Thank you to everyone who shared their stories. My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years and 1 month. I had a tubal reversal in March 2008 shortly after our wedding. I was banded on Dec 21, 2010 and have since lost 55 pounds. Great accomplishment for 5 1/2 months! Weight loss has almost stopped over the past month though. I started at 323 lbs and my fertility doctor will not proceed with IUI or IVF until my weight at least 230, so that's another 35 lbs before fertility treatments begin. If I continued with 10 lbs a month that should bring me to OCT/NOV. Gosh I hope so. See, I'll be 40 in September and I have 2 adult children and a grandson. My husband has no biological children and we desire a family so bad. My biological clock has almost ran out. We have 2 years and 3 months before we are no longer eligible for IUI or IVF in Florida. That's pretty much the cut off date. So, it's crunch time. Time to get very serious about this weight loss, excercise and getting my overweight body ready for a pregnancy. Pray for me and send me all the baby dust you can, LOL. Thanks again for sharing and keep me posted everyone!!

I, unfortunately, ended up miscarrying 2 weeks ago, when I was 10 weeks pregnant. My body wasn't miscarrying by itself (though the baby had died), so I had to have a D&C. Hoping to start TTC soon. My dr said there was no "waiting period" after a miscarriage, just when my body was ready and I was emotionally ready. I'm hoping that getting pregnant that quickly wasn't just a fluke and we can get pregnant again!

Hi everyone. I am surely a PCOS success story. I conceived my 2 daughters suing clomid due to PCOS. I was banded in Dec. 2010, and just found out that I am 2 months pregnant and I wasn't even trying. It just happened!!! I didn't even lose much weigh since getting banded but I can tell that my body has chanded some. So, keep trying ladies!

I love hearing these stories! I lived with PCOS for many years, and just found out a few months ago that I am PCOS free! No symptoms whatsoever! :) I just got married, and my husband and I are soon ready to start trying. Even though I don't have PCOS anymore, I'm still worried that there was enough damage done during my PCOS years. My doctor doesn't think I will have a problem, but I still worry. These stories give me hope! :)

thank you sooooo much i have been ttc for four years and have had a few miscarriages i am starting the banding process and hopefully next week will be able to get my app submitted for insurances and all of you have given me hope they said that i will never concieve at my current wieght so im doing this as my last ditch attempt to be healthy and have a baby in a year to 18 months from now well at least be pregnant thank you girls you are my reason for not giving up and just for me to keep going even when i have wanted to just throw up my hands and say to hell with it alll

I started the process a few months ago, and I am planning to have Lap Band in November. I am 215 lbs and I feel confident (after 7 years of ttc) that after I lose the weight, I WILL get pregnant. PCOS will NOT steal my dreams any longer! I just joined this forum tonight after trying to look for other women who are going through what I am. It gets discouraging when everyone around you gets pregnant at the drop of the hat, and you are trying for YEARS without success. Us ladies just need to support one another in this journey. Best of luck to you, girl, and God bless!