Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My fingers touch when I put my fingers around my wrist!

A couple of week ago, I couldn't do that!

What's the first things you noticed about your body changing during the weight loss process?

Now just wait until your underpants are too big! That's a great feeling too!

ahahaha. I can't wait!

I have a skirt at the moment that doesn't have elastic in it (it has a belt instead) that will not stay on...If I do the belt up, it looks all bunched and silly.

I know I haven't lost that much, but people are saying there's a lot that's come off my face. I looked at a before picture yesterday and I'm not sure...I think I might post some pictures tomorrow and let other people decide. I have a charity ball to go to in a couple of days and some people wanted to see my dress so I'll kill 2 birds with one stone.

What's the best thing for you about weight loss?

I can cross my legs again without using my hands to help! I love that! I also was able to put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in 3 years. I had to buy a smaller bra yesterday. I put on a shirt yesterday and it just hung on me.

The first thing I noticed was in the shower. I was washing my back and it felt boney. Such a weird sensation--like it was someone else's body.

oh I love the little things! having to get my ring re-ized....smaler bras and undies...a semi flat stomach (means no Spanx under EVERYTHING!) The big things I love though? pants that are 4 sizes smaller....wearing a med shirt....wearing my too big shirts to bed (never was able to wear t-hirts to bed...they were always too tight and constricting!) and leggings....oh how I love leggings....and jeggings...and skinny jeans and straight leg jeans....never thought I would be someone who wears those things....its like my inner fashion queen is coming out! :(

My fingers touch when I put my fingers around my wrist!

A couple of week ago, I couldn't do that!

What's the first things you noticed about your body changing during the weight loss process?

In all honestly, I was really REALLY slow on the uptake. I have a continuous fight with my scale; after I lost an initial 30lbs my weight still hovers at the 197lbs mark and I've been banded for 8 months now. Needless to say I was quite cheesed off; so I put the scale as far away as possible and kept the weight loss out of my mind. It took me a while to realize my clothes looked like I borrowed them from someone twice my size. And I have to keep buying clothes every 6-8 weeks. Despite dropping 3 sizes my scale still says I'm 196lbs. :(

I do find it funny when I "forget" that I'm not the size I used to be and try on clothes. I went to try on a new coat about a month ago (because the other looks like I borrowed it) and I instinctively reached for a large WHILST in the middle of telling my (Slim and Trim) sister "the large looks like it's going to be too small" - ignoring the amused look she gave me, I put on the coat and went "What the HELL!!" needless to say the coat was waaay too big. So I bought a medium - now that is even starting to feel big - so I layer up :). Oh! and my heels fit better, they're not as tight whilst my sneakers are too loose... thank goodness for winter, I can wear thicker socks.

Edited by Skylla
typo

Ohhhhhhhh.... I have a list of things! Oh, the little things 'normal' sized people take for granted...

1. I can fit in a booth at any restaurant (right before my surgery, I didnt fit in a booth at Denney's. I was SO humiliated!)
  2. I can paint my own toe nails
  3. I dont need an extention on an airplane to buckle up! I hated that... so embarrassing!
  4. I can wear jeans with pockets and a zipper and button! I lived in stretchy pants with an elastic waist for so long!
  5. I fit in amusement park rides. I remember being so sad because I couldnt ride the swings because I couldnt push the bar down over my belly.
  6. I can tie my own tennis shoes! I wore sandals the year before my surgery because I couldnt tie my shoes!
  7. I can go hiking pretty much anywhere I want! 2 years ago, I wouldnt have made it!

I am not anywhere near where I want to be, but I am on my way! I am in such a better place than I was 2 1/2 years ago!

For me it's always watching my clothes get looser. I also keep clothes from when I was thinner (clothes mind you that are maybe 7 or 8 years old, LoL) that I try on occasionally to test my progress. Good times.

For me it's always watching my clothes get looser. I also keep clothes from when I was thinner (clothes mind you that are maybe 7 or 8 years old, LoL) that I try on occasionally to test my progress. Good times.

I hear you on that! I dont have any winter clothes that fit me! Mostly shirts... I went from a 24 to a 14 and darned if EVERYTHING is too darn big! Sounds like a complaint but its really exciting!:(

In all honestly, I was really REALLY slow on the uptake. I have a continuous fight with my scale; after I lost an initial 30lbs my weight still hovers at the 197lbs mark and I've been banded for 8 months now. Needless to say I was quite cheesed off; so I put the scale as far away as possible and kept the weight loss out of my mind. It took me a while to realize my clothes looked like I borrowed them from someone twice my size. And I have to keep buying clothes every 6-8 weeks. Despite dropping 3 sizes my scale still says I'm 196lbs. :(

I do find it funny when I "forget" that I'm not the size I used to be and try on clothes. I went to try on a new coat about a month ago (because the other looks like I borrowed it) and I instinctively reached for a large WHILST in the middle of telling my (Slim and Trim) sister "the large looks like it's going to be too small" - ignoring the amused look she gave me, I put on the coat and went "What the HELL!!" needless to say the coat was waaay too big. So I bought a medium - now that is even starting to feel big - so I layer up :). Oh! and my heels fit better, they're not as tight whilst my sneakers are too loose... thank goodness for winter, I can wear thicker socks.

:) Awesome. It must be a great feeling. I haven't gone clothes shopping yet. I'm just going to wait until I've lost a lot more, plus I have a lot of tight clothes from when I was a teenager that I never chucked out.

My joy, putting on my size 20 pants and having room. Had to buy a new bra because the one I had the cup size was too big, now that was sad, seriously, not that large to begin with.

Here is one for you, being able to see my toes.

My fat is dropping down, but, this is going to sound weird, my lower stomach is smaller.

I am smaller in the upper torso and my face, everyone notices it, I feel awesome when they do, I just want to prance around. LOL

The little things for me are definitely clothes...being able to fit into my business suits for work that haven't fit me for at least 2 years.

Also, having my husband say to me "You ARE losing weight, I can feel it"....lmao :(

I had a funny experience last week. I was in the tub and when I laid back to relax I thought I was sitting on something hard, then I realized it was my butt bone!!