Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you regret getting a LapBand?

Do you regret getting a Lap Band?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret getting a Lap Band?

• No, I don't regret it and I didn't have any complications.
    • No, I don't regret it even though I had complications.
    • Yes, I regret it even though I haven't had complications.
    • Yes, I regret it because I've had complications.

Over 2 1/2 years out, doing grand! ;)

Not a single regret, and I've had some complications. I had single incision (through my belly button), and the incision never closed. After 7 months of waiting post op and trying different things (and different surgeons recommendations), I saw my surgeon (specifically for the incision) and he decided to do a second surgery, to "explore the reason". Come to find out my port had an infection and needed to be removed. I'm hoping to have a third surgery next week (still waiting for the insurance ok) to have port replacement. I am also highly sensitive to fills, and have had only two fills, and six unfills. At nine months post op, I only have 2.2CC in a 10CC band.

Given all that, I've also lost almost 100lbs and kept it off, a feat I've tried many times on my own.

Just wondering how many people with a band regret getting it.

I do not regret it. I think I am still in the "shock and awe" phase..lol I look at the scales moving downward and I still feel like this is not real.:( Although at times it has not been an easy process...I am still moving in the right direction.

Just wondering how many people with a band regret getting it.

I have had my band for more than 2 years, have only lost a small amount of weight....have really struggled to find an answer for why this has not worked as a tool for me....sometimes the only time I know it is there is because I can feel the port.....all that said, I've gotten a new wave of energy, and a repair of a hernia....I'm praying that this will help matters and that I can find true success....

So no regrets here!!!!!

:(

My band experience was wonderful. It wasn’t the ONLY thing that made me successful though. I followed strict caloric intake rules while I was losing weight. Most times, the band made that very easy, but there were times I had to rely on will power. I had to get myself into the gym. The band doesn’t come with workout motivation, you have to do that for yourself. I had to come up with a positive way to explain my band experience to the non-banded. The last thing I needed was someone “looking down on me” for my choice to band. I refined that message over time and am able to explain it in such a way that people see that I have pride in what I have done and all that I accomplished with the “help” of the band.

KartMan, you have done amazing and look amazing.

Thanks Susan, It’s been a great journey.