Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OH Please someone help

I am in deep poo....I start my 2wk pre-op diet on Dec 1 everyones diet is different, i have noticed that, but my dr is teeling me to drink at least 3 shakes a day AI EAS, Carb Advantage or Atkins....3 servings of dairy..AI skim milk, cottage cheese or yogurt...and unlimited broth, sugar free Jello and sugar free pops.

My OH i need HELP is cause of the shakes, i bought the EAS to try try and i thought i was gonna hurl in the car, i took a sip and it was like a pure Vitamin was disolving in my mouth and i get sick off of the taste of Vitamins...the more i sipped the more i was getting sick...what can i do??? i have tried the Isopure Alpine Punch but i dont think thats a Meal Replacement and i cant drink that big whole thing either, i dont know what to do, i have serious issues with the taste of Vitamins and MILKY products..oh man

Try some other Protein Shakes until you find one you like. GNC will take returns on products you don't like.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by the Vitamin taste (are you tasting the whey? ), but Unjury is a really good tasting Protein Powder I think. I know they have an unflavored one (you could add it to something like coffee maybe) and they also have a chicken Soup which is yummy. I know that there are Protein Drinks that come in fruity flavors too (they would be meal replacements).

People laugh when i saif the Vitamin taste, ever notice the tatse of a disolving vitamin? thats the taste i cannot hack..I never knew GNC took things back...so if i bought some Isopure powder and its nasty they take it back??? Hmm may have to look into that one, i hate throwing money in the trash, the EAS price didnt bother me it was 4.50 for 4 of them so the waste wont hurt but when something is 40-50.00 then i have a problem with it...

I like the muscle milk LIGHT ready to drink in strawberry cream and vanilla cream, the chocolate tastes fake.. don't know how the mixables taste.

I've tried the EAS carb advantage RTDrink and I agree they're pretty ugh.. but I get the french vanilla flavor and add some s/f vanilla Syrup (DaVinci) and that helps a lot!!

Syntrex makes a good variety of nectar drinks.. if you look up their website they did have a special at one time where you could get a sampling of their stuff.. at a really reasonable price. Turned out to be about 1.00 sample. I think they are too weak tasting alone, but mixed with some crystal light or coffee or whatever seemed appropriate for the flavor they were OK.

I'd call your doctor's office and ask for help. I'm sure they've had patients who couldn't tolerate the suggested products before and know what you could try in their place.

(Soooo thankful I had a doctor who didn't require a pre-op diet)

If you have access to costco they have a nice Ready To Drink Premier chocolate Protein Shake 160 cal for 30 g Protein.< /p>

I like Gold Standard Brand (Vitamin Shoppe) Double chocolate Whey Protein Powder. I find Vitamin Shoppe prices wayyyy better than GNC (they also will take it back if you don't like it). Since you can have dairy then you can make the shakes with fat free milk which makes them taste much better. I also got a Hamilton Beech single serving blender ($15 at Walmart/Kmart) and added ice cubes and milk cubes to give the shakes more of a frappe feel (frappe is New England for ice cream based milk shake). If you run searches on this site you will find recipes for things to add to the shakes (like fat/sugar free pudding powder). I have also had the Muscle Milk Light Chocolate which was okay (do not get the Regular version much to high in calories.) FYI I also add splendra to the home made shakes (If I am at 800 cal a day I can have fake sugar). I find the Isopure RTD Fruit Drinks to be horrible.

You might try Slim Fast. I love chocolate and their chocolate is very good. Walmart's brand (Equate) chocolate is good too. I wish you the best! Blessings, PitPat:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info...as for the last person im confused..but ok....Wonder why some drs have different methods of the 2wk pre-diet, i have seen people that were aloud to have 500 Protein grams of protein a day like chicken and turkey yadda yadda, and why mine is the shakes, the broth i will have no problem with...LOL arghhh i hope i can make i through those 2wks, i will get all my Xmas shopping done then so i have my mind off food...LOL

Slim Fast's low carb chocolate in a can is good but it's pretty low in Protein. I agree about the EAS canned (or cartoned?) Protein drinks but their powder is pretty good. I get the EAS chocolate powder from Sam's and it's pretty inexpensive. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk to keep the carbs down. Muscle Milk <blech>. My son said it tasted like coffee to him but I like coffee so that wasn't the problem.

The chocolate Isopure isn't too bad, but I think EAS is better.

You can order a sample pack from Unjury for 17.95 plus shipping so about $25 for 2 of each of their kinds of shakes which like someone else said they have a flavorless and a chicken Soup flavor and a strabury that I have heard when mixed with Water tasts like kool-aid.you can go to unjury.com and look it up in the sample pack you get a shaker and a thermomiter also.

Thanks i will do that, have yall tasted that? and i take it they dont sell that at GNC

Nope its a on line only product

Thanks i will do that, have yall tasted that? and i take it they dont sell that at GNC

I've tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and it's pretty good for liquid Protein. The chicken Soup stuff is really not bad at all.

It just occurred to me that meltingmama might have reviews of stuff already done. She's a post-op RNY, so her needs are different, but she does reviews of bariatric products and rates them on how "pouch-worthy" they are.

I don't have the link to her blog handy, but I think if you google meltingmama blog you'll find it.