Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date November 26th. Struggling with liquid diet.

Hi everyone.

It has been two years since I've been here. I finally decided to go forward with the band. I have my surgery scheduled for the 26th. I am on my 3rd day of liquid diet and I am having a hard time.

I don't know what to drink. So far I have been drinking low carb Protein shakes and chicken broth.

What other kinds of liquids can I have?

Am I allowed pureed Soup?

How about pudding?

I was not told to do Clear Liquids, so my instinct is to assume anything liquid goes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It all depends on what your doctor considers liquids. There are many threads for the pre-op liquid diet and they are all so different based on the doctor. What some others were considering liquids were not the case for my doctor. You can add in sugar free Jello, crystal light, any low cal no sugar juice/drinks and sugar free Popsicle's but as far as the other items i would just make a phone call to your doctor office and have them give you a list of acceptable foods.

Hang in there... it does get easier.

Good luck!

I'm being banded November 22nd and am on day 6 of the liquid pre-op diet. In my opinion, day 3 was the most difficult. My pre-op diet consists of Protein drinks, juice, broth, cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, sugar free popsicles, and Jello. I think every doctor is different. So, you may want to check with your doctor.

Keep your head up and know YOU CAN DO THIS!! :)

I don't remember if I did puddings, but I think I did. For me, the worst day of the liquid diet was the first full day of it. I took some good Protein supplements and made sure to take Gummy Vitamins and I didn't have any other problems.

P.S. I was banded on 09/08/10.

Hi everyone.

It has been two years since I've been here. I finally decided to go forward with the band. I have my surgery scheduled for the 26th. I am on my 3rd day of liquid diet and I am having a hard time.

I don't know what to drink. So far I have been drinking low carb Protein shakes and chicken broth.

What other kinds of liquids can I have?

Am I allowed pureed Soup?

How about pudding?

I was not told to do Clear Liquids, so my instinct is to assume anything liquid goes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Follow your Doctor's orders....as for what to drink. You can have anything that's low sugar with the exception of carbonated beverages. That's Crystal Light, Diet Ocean Spray, Sobe light drinks, G2, Water is best of course. But I found that the Crystal Lights were best for me.

I was allowed sugar free puddings and Jellos as well as Cottage cheese. As for Soups, they allowed me to have most types of Soups with the exception of cream based soups (ie. bisques and new england clam chowders).

You might be seeing this msg late since it's 11/24, but hope it helps.

I am being banded on 11/30/10. It's my 2nd day of the liquid diet and it's very hard for me. It's not that I'm craving food, but more than I feel so hungry and weak. So far, the thing that is really keeping me going are sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. 98% Fat Free Campbell's Soup (Cream of Chicken) mixed with unflavored Protein powder is the only thing that actually makes me feel full.

Good luck to all those on your pre-op diet. Think of how much this will be worth it when you fit into your "skinny jeans"!!!

I was approved on a friday and scheduled for surgery on the following Tuesday. There was no liquid diet for me. I was just told to really cut back. Which is why you shouldn't beat yourself up if you haven't been perfect. Just do the best you can..maybe shakes for B & L with a small meal at dinner?