Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op diets

Just wondering how people are doing.

I am struggling with the liquid and was told after 7 days I could add in mushy, I have been doing that. Instead of blending though, I just chew really tiny pieces into nothing. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well.

I was banded on Nov. 8. Technically, I can go to pureed/mushy foods tomorrow. I have been following my diet pretty good. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to have normal food again, but because I'm scared to eat something that my stomach wouldnt be able to handle. I have not had to use any zofran yet for nausea. I have had no troubles. Just makes me nervous.

For dinner today, I warmed up some bean and bacon Soup and squished the Beans to death in my mouth before swallowing them. I didn't eat very much of that.

For supper, I made some chicken and stars soup. Well, I started eating the stars and realized that I couldn't chew up the stars very good because they are pretty small. So, I started just eating the chunks of carrot and smashed them in my mouth before swallowing. I tried a piece of chicken that was in the soup and that sat ok, but I chewed that thing up pretty good.

I live in a small town and have not been anywhere that has Protein Powder available---about 30 minutes away. So, I haven't been having my Protein Drinks. But, I've been drinking Carnation instant Breakfast mixed with some dry milk for extra Protein.< /p>

I am really hoping I will be able to tolerate some turkey, potatoes for my family's Thanksgiving in 1 week. I will put alot of gravy on the turkey. I don't want to make a scene by puking so I am going to buy a small turkey leg and cook it up at the end of the week to see if I will be able to eat it or not. =)

hi there! i got banded on 11/8 and was told nothing but liquids & SF Jello for 3 weeks. stomach needs time to heal. mushy food like applesauce, mash potatoes, yougart, etc gets added in then soft food like eggs...then food to chew on in about 5-6 weeks. I'm just building my recipe file for then...can't wait!

I was banded on Nov. 8. Technically, I can go to pureed/mushy foods tomorrow. I have been following my diet pretty good. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to have normal food again, but because I'm scared to eat something that my stomach wouldnt be able to handle. I have not had to use any zofran yet for nausea. I have had no troubles. Just makes me nervous.

For dinner today, I warmed up some bean and bacon Soup and squished the Beans to death in my mouth before swallowing them. I didn't eat very much of that.

For supper, I made some chicken and stars soup. Well, I started eating the stars and realized that I couldn't chew up the stars very good because they are pretty small. So, I started just eating the chunks of carrot and smashed them in my mouth before swallowing. I tried a piece of chicken that was in the soup and that sat ok, but I chewed that thing up pretty good.

I live in a small town and have not been anywhere that has Protein powder available---about 30 minutes away. So, I haven't been having my Protein drinks. But, I've been drinking Carnation instant Breakfast mixed with some dry milk for extra protein.

I am really hoping I will be able to tolerate some turkey, potatoes for my family's Thanksgiving in 1 week. I will put alot of gravy on the turkey. I don't want to make a scene by puking so I am going to buy a small turkey leg and cook it up at the end of the week to see if I will be able to eat it or not. =)

I see everyone's diets are different...no Thanksgiving for me...just broth & Protein shakes. I ordered Designer's whey Choc. Protein (17 grams per scoop) on vitacost.com...not bad & for a 2 lbs jar it was only about $19. I saw a 1 lbs jar for $13 at a food store. I also bought a "shaker/blender" for $3.50 and love it cause it does a good job blending all the powder. I pour 16 oz. of lowfat Lactaid milk, drop the blender ball and add 3 scoops of Protein Powder (there's almost your 60 grams of protein!). Note: Stir alittle so the powder starts to sink and not get trapped in the lip...doesnt leak either! I make it at night and its really cold 1st thing in the morning. I also read that pour some of the Protein shake into ice cube trays and throw them into your travel mug. Regular ice will Water the shake down. Just passing some tips along!!

Jo

I have noticed all the diets are very different. I do note though that if I try to push foods that aren't mushy, if not chewed well enough I will be burping and gassy all day. It means I was naughty. :)

i was banded yesterday 11-22. i am sipping fluids and today i started pureed food.....no real appetite, but have been trying to eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup. so far applesauce, cream of wheat and pudding. i'm going to try a protien shake for dinner.

does anyone else have left shoulder and neck pain? it is worse than the incision pain! trying to walk every hour for at leat 5-10 minutes.

I was banded 11/4 and was allowed mushy as of last Thursday. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised at how it's been going so far. I've had zero problems keeping any food down, no PBs, and I don't chew as well or eat as slowly as you're supposed to. (I keep forgetting!) I don't have much hunger between meals. I've been sticking fairly easily to a 1000 calorie a day diet. My first fill is 12/16, but I bet I don't need any more after that.

i was banded yesterday 11-22. i am sipping fluids and today i started pureed food.....no real appetite, but have been trying to eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup. so far applesauce, cream of wheat and pudding. i'm going to try a protien shake for dinner.

does anyone else have left shoulder and neck pain? it is worse than the incision pain! trying to walk every hour for at leat 5-10 minutes.

I'm an 11/22 bander...and i'm looking forward to starting mushy foods. I'm just not hungry period...i'm trying to drink more Water and broth than anything.

I have sore throat from the tube going down my throat and i have gas pain towards my stomach and upper chest...I'm just looking forward to that going away.

I'm an 11/22 bander...and i'm looking forward to starting mushy foods. I'm just not hungry period...i'm trying to drink more Water and broth than anything.

I have sore throat from the tube going down my throat and i have gas pain towards my stomach and upper chest...I'm just looking forward to that going away.

my left shoulder and neck hurt like a pinched nerve. is the tightness in my chest when i've drank too fast? i guess i thought i would magically know how to drink and eat slower.

good luck to all!

I'm an 11/22 er as well. I'm allowed to eat purees but I have no desire. It took me all day to eat a tiny cup of applesauce. Other than that I'm drinking an Isopure Protein Drink (40 grams total) and trying to get through that all day as well. I had the gas yesterday so bad I thought I was dying after the surgery. Today that has really subsided and mainly my incision sites hurt. I'm afraid to figure out where my port is. I don't know even know if I'd know where it was. Belly Button hurts the worst.

I'm an 11/22 er as well. I'm allowed to eat purees but I have no desire. It took me all day to eat a tiny cup of applesauce. Other than that I'm drinking an Isopure Protein drink (40 grams total) and trying to get through that all day as well. I had the gas yesterday so bad I thought I was dying after the surgery. Today that has really subsided and mainly my incision sites hurt. I'm afraid to figure out where my port is. I don't know even know if I'd know where it was. Belly Button hurts the worst.

Where do you get the Isopure Protein drinks from? I haven't had any Protein in 2 days...

Where do you get the Isopure Protein drinks from? I haven't had any Protein in 2 days...

I got the Alpine Punch flavored Isopure drink from GNC. It was tasty and an easy way for me while I recover to get as much protein as possible! I would recommend it to anyone. Good Luck

I am going to try Isopure today ... had my sister pick up 4 flavors for me. I haven't had any Protein for 2 days. I had the Carnation Instant Breakfast stuff for first 2 days and that no longer sounds good.

I tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup ... that was nasty and is going to be mailed back hopefully today. I am so finicky with regards to taste this is really hard.

If I don't ever belch or burp again in life I will be FINE! :D

I get to try mashed potatoes and green bean casserole tomorrow for dinner! I am excited! I still have a lot of gas pains in my left shoulder and that side of my chest. I am wondering how long it will take to go away. I ventured out last night to the store. I think I over did it a little, as I was really sore when I got home and feeling full of gas in my left shoulder. My back muscles were burning too. I bought the Isopure, but I have yet to try it. I guess I am picky with flavors, and I'm not sure if I'll like it. I ordered mine online. I also keep getting these moments where I feel like I have to burp, but I can't, and it turns into a hiccup sorta thing. I don't care for the feeling of that. I haven't weighed myself yet, I think I'll wait till I see my surgeon for my pre op on Dec. 3.

I got mine from Vitamin Shoppe. GNC has them also but there were $1 more a bottle and at $3.79 a bottle that was already pricey so VS it was. They had only 2 flavors, grape & orange, in the singles. If I had know I was going to like it so much I would have bought a case. I HIGHLY recommend getting them and having them in house before surgery, but if you are post-op get some now and start drinking.