Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2010 Bandsters - post op

Hey can someone tell me how to get my weight loss ticker to show up!!! I went to go and change it out and now it want show. It just show the website :huh: Thank in advance!!!!!!!

Hey LowPSI, it seems many of us are all learning similar lessons. It cannot be drumed into our head any harder to slowly and properly chew...what a difference a chew makes!

mabinrty, Are you posting the entire link? Maybe there is just a glitch in the site.

Yes, I totally agree that we are all in the same boat now, and it's like climbing up that big hill, and we are slowing down!! It is so frustrating!! I have been trying to make it under 200, and I keep teetering back and forth between 199.8 and 200.5. Unbelievable!! Such a freakin' tease!! I am doing what I am supposed to do, but I am stuck!

JaGo, I'm glad to know that we are in norm according to your dr. It does make me feel better somewhat, but now I wonder what the norm is for the second year! I think I'll as my dr when I go back on the 30th.

LowPSI, Interestig that you go every 3 months to yoru dr. My dr requires me to go every month. I guess it is a good thing, since I have needed a fill every single time!

I am at 7.5 cc's right now, and I am getting nervous. Almost a year later and I just want restriction already!! GRRRR!!!!

Hey can someone tell me how to get my weight loss ticker to show up!!! I went to go and change it out and now it want show. It just show the website :huh: Thank in advance!!!!!!!

I know sometimes you have to try different codes. I had trouble with mine.

Friends,

Here is another question. Since we know that exercise has a lot to do with weight loss, and since I have a bad right knee and bad left foot, I'm move to ask you for advice. I will need to get a right knee replacement, soon, I suspect (I'm thinking about early spring, 2012). The left foot issue is dicier: arthritis in the foot, fallen arch, half of the foot numb, can't really be fixed. But if the right knee is fixed, the prognosis improves. Meanwhile, it's really hard to find exercise that is possible and will work. I do Zumba once or twice a week in season. What else would any of you suggest?

Best,

Deb WS

Ask your doctor abt Water aerobics. It has less stress on the joints. It was prescribed for me due to back issue and heel spurs. I'm looking for a YWCA near me with a pool.

Ask your doctor abt Water aerobics. It has less stress on the joints. It was prescribed for me due to back issue and heel spurs. I'm looking for a YWCA near me with a pool.

Thanks for this great idea. I suspect that either our local pool, or the Y in the next town, has such a class! Other ideas/suggestions most welcome!

Deb WS

How is everyone doing? I would like to find a Water aerobics class as well. I have fibromyalgia as well as chronic fatigue syndrome.

I guess it's been 2.5 weeks since I've last posted and I've lost another 3 pounds. I'm just impatient!

How is everyone doing? I would like to find a Water aerobics class as well. I have fibromyalgia as well as chronic fatigue syndrome.

I guess it's been 2.5 weeks since I've last posted and I've lost another 3 pounds. I'm just impatient!

G Rose,

Let me just say that I would be SO happy to lose 3 pounds in 2.5 weeks. Truly. I will say, for myself, that I may have finally hit the right point. I have to be very careful of what I eat, and how I eat. And there are some new things that are on the "can't do that" list: fettucine or any long Pasta, including Pad Thai and the like, are off my menu. Ditto the sushi (maki) I mentioned before. And definitely tougher meats as well as very fibrous vegetables (I chewed on some killer sugar snap peas the other day that I just could not chew enough - finally gave up on those!)

Despite the fact that I have had a number of 'stuck' episodes since my last 1/2 cc fill, I believe that I am at the right place. The scale has finally started to move again, and I am grateful, even elated, over this.

I also decided that I am ready to get my right knee replaced (this is what keeps me from much exercise) and will have this done in mid-March. I believe that this will really help me to be more active and can only help speed weight loss in the end. I have not yet investigated water aerobics classes in my area, but thought this was a very good suggestion!

Best,

Deb WS

weight.png

I'm so glad to see people back here! We do need to stick together. I am pretty satisfied with my overall weight loss since last November. Even though it's hard to get through the weeks when nothing changes at all, the big picture looks good. My band could probably use a teeny fill, but I worry that during my TOM when it always tightens up, that it would then be too tight. I'm self pay so I'm staying at this level for now, until it is really obvious that I need a fill.

I had a few major plateaus this year, but am moving in the right direction again. I actually weighed in last week at 199.0, but then TOM came and as always, my weight went back up like 3 pounds!!!! That is frustrating. It typically comes right back off after, but I hate the mind games. After summer vacation (1 month away from home), I started exercising consistently again. I'm doing the October 60-mile Challenge over at the Fitness/Exercise forum, last month I walked 65.6 miles. I know someone who lost all her excess weight without exercise, but it has been necessary to my weight loss. I certainly feel better and more energetic!

Hello everyone! I was banded on Nov. 8, 2010. I can't believe it's been almost a year already! I'm glad to know that I am 'normal' in my weight loss. I started out at 255 and I am currently 199. I am going to see my doctor today and plan to get a fill. I went on vacation last weekend, and although I didn't gain any weight...I was eating all the time and felt hungry after only 2 hours of eating. Not good! Thank god I didn't gain any weight! My doctor appointments are about every other month. My problem= drinking pop because I work nights and I need my caffeine to stay awake and keep me going, and not exercising. Ugghhh...I just NEED to exercise, I NEED to drink more Water, I NEED to lay off the pop. Why can't I be addicted to exercise and Water instead of pop and sweets?

Oh, and I've never figured out the weight ticker thingy. *sigh* Oh well! B)

Hello, all, again.

I will say that I remain very encouraged that finally things are moving again. I routinely get on the scale every morning, and once again, I was greeted by a 2 lb. drop which just thrilled the heck out of me! Soda pop (with sugar) is definitely a trap, so for those who still drink it - if you can switch to something with splenda in it, I think your scale readings will show the difference.

For now, I am eating less and enjoying it more, and that is a great feeling!

Best to all,

Deb WS

weight.png

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted!! My surgery was Nov 2nd 2010 and I thought I was the only one who was losing weight so slow! I am a lot to fault for the slow progress I dont exercise as much as I should.....but nonetheless it is nice to hear that my weight loss is fairly normal. Thank again ya'll ;)

I'm so glad to see people back here! We do need to stick together. I am pretty satisfied with my overall weight loss since last November. Even though it's hard to get through the weeks when nothing changes at all, the big picture looks good. My band could probably use a teeny fill, but I worry that during my TOM when it always tightens up, that it would then be too tight. I'm self pay so I'm staying at this level for now, until it is really obvious that I need a fill.

I had a few major plateaus this year, but am moving in the right direction again. I actually weighed in last week at 199.0, but then TOM came and as always, my weight went back up like 3 pounds!!!! That is frustrating. It typically comes right back off after, but I hate the mind games. After summer vacation (1 month away from home), I started exercising consistently again. I'm doing the October 60-mile Challenge over at the Fitness/Exercise forum, last month I walked 65.6 miles. I know someone who lost all her excess weight without exercise, but it has been necessary to my weight loss. I certainly feel better and more energetic!

I am so glad I read this post. I have problems with my band EVERY month when it is TOM. I didn't know if it was just me or what. It feels like my band gets super tight during TOM and I end up throwing up more...I have been pretty happy with my results- I went from 286 to 185. But I hate the monthly times when band gets so tight.

I'm guilty of not checking into this thread regularly enough :( I too can't believe it has almost been a year, I was banded 11/29/10. I have met my doctor's and my original goal, but in my mind I would like to lose another 10 pounds or so. I averaged about 10-12 pound of loss every month, but that has slowed down in the last 2 months, which I guess can be expected considering I have less to lose now. I have not had any complications or issues, it has been fairly easy for me. I started out on a strict low to no carb, low calorie diet, but in the last 5 months or so I have loosened up on that and if I want to eat something, I eat it in moderation. I also do not exercise at all anymore, I know I need to start again though. My doctor says that because I am so young (34 haha, not so young in my opinion), my skin tightened up on its own. I do want to tone up my stomach and thighs a little though :) How often does everyone go to the doctor? I am still on monthly visits to adjust my band and was just curious about everyone else. Good luck to everyone!!!