Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

A friend told me that if she weighs herself everyday she gets discouraged. I do it everyday and I sort of feel like that - but in the end, I've stuck to my diet (most of the time) and am doing pretty well.

So how often do you weigh yourself, and is there a reason behind it?

:thumbup:

I weigh myself just about everyday! Some may feel that it is a bit much but it works for me. I have been losing consistantly since i have been banded. Do what works for you.

~Dena~

My name is Steph and I am addicted to my scale.

I weigh myself several times a day.....I soooooo wish I did not do this. *hanging my head in shame*

I think the best answer is once a week.

My name is Steph and I am addicted to my scale.

I weigh myself several times a day.....I soooooo wish I did not do this. *hanging my head in shame*

I think the best answer is once a week.

Hi Steph! I hear ya!

I am a bit addicted to the scale too...It's bad though because my scales are pretty inaccurate. I have to add roughly 2 kilos to the result.

I weigh myself after I go to the loo, after I exercise, after I eat or drink something and after I have a shower.

I think it's curiosity more than an obsession...Or atleast that's my excuse :thumbup:

Sad isn't it? LOL

:thumbup: I think it may die down a bit though...Maybe...I'm just so excited about losing weight!

I weigh myself everyday too. I just had my surgery on the 21st and its been exciting to see the weight coming off. 11 lbs so far. :thumbup:

I weight daily just for the curiousity of it all.. BUT.. I RECORD my weight only weekly... so I don't give the daily weights a lot of importance.. I just do it cause I wanna.

I havent gone back to work yet and am sure I will weigh myself less once I do.

But, for now, I weigh myself when I get up at 6:30, then again when I wake up at 9:30, and finally when I get up for real at 10:30. Each time I get up I go to the bathroom, so the numbers do change.

Except this morning, I was at 320 at 6:30 and by 9:30 I was up to 321.5!! And that is after using the bathroom again. That made me realize that you just cant count on the scale to be accurate all of the time. As long as the trend is downward, that should be enough.

Every morning--keeps me focused. It no longer governs my mood, though, which is huge progress.

Every day...and I know I shouldn't!

I know there are going to be fluctuations based on what I've eaten and exercising, so I usually just weigh myself once a week.

Put me down for every day, too.

I only do it first thing in the morning and I only record it on Tuesdays.

When I was loosing I weighed in once a week- although I cheated a few times. I felt like the daily flucuations would drive me crazy. Now that I am maintaining, I weigh myself every day. If I get to 112 (I am very short, 4'11'') I will cut back on carbs and calories until I get to 110. I have been maintaining for about a month and haven't seen 112 yet.

I weight myself about twice every 10 days. I usually get the urge to weigh myself more often if I KNOW i've been trying hard to do good :thumbup:

The number is the reassuring prize for the hard work! My nutritionist gets upset at me for focusing so much on numbers!