Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My biggest problem with burgers is that I tend to take bites that are too big. Also, hamburger can get stuck quite easily. One of my worst stuck episodes was on hamburger.

When I do have a hambuger, I use the bun as a handle and tear it away as I eat the meat.

I am 4 weeks post op and after reading this thread was craving a cheeseburger!!! I cooked one on the grill tonight and ate about 3/4 of it with no bun. It was about 3oz. I was able to stop myself from eating the whole thing even though I wanted it. I have not yet ever felt stuffed which I think is good and I wasn't about to eat the whole burger and find out. I still feel guilty because it was much higher in calories than the food I have been eating since surgery. Oh well, not going to dwell, moving on.......

OMG, I work at a Kosher Delicatessen and I love love love their bison burgers and last week i tried one and ohhhhhh:eek: the pain from that first bite; had to throw it away and make myself a salad:sad:. Before my last fill I was able to eat anything I mean anything sometimes I felt like I was eating a full meal like before surgery but now I've experienced not being able to eat beef, and some pastries,:thumbup: yeah I know the pastries are not suppose to go in my mouth but here and there I gotta have me a piece of ruggelach.

I had a bit of my fiancee's meat pie today with Tomato sauce (ketchup) and it was sooo good...But it's so bad for you...It was the only thing in the damned frozen food section I could eat!

They didn't have any seafood salad - I was so dissapointed.

raises hand i can i broken down and had a big mac i had no problems. i can eat anything i need a fill again. 2 1/2 cc are nothing this is so discuraging

raises hand i can i broken down and had a big mac i had no problems. i can eat anything i need a fill again. 2 1/2 cc are nothing this is so discuraging

Hang in there. If I remember correctly, you have a 14cc band. According to my surgeon, most people don't get any real restriction from the band until they hit about 7-8cc. I'm at 8cc and have some restriction but think I still need just a bit more.

I was banded on 6-2-10 and can not eat hamburger meat or bread so cheeseburgers are out of the question. Im ok with that too many calories anyway.

Rachel Ray made sliders one day and instead of a bun, wrapped them in lettuce. You can put anything on it you want, cheese, onions, ketchup, BBQ Sauce, bacon.... we made them one night, Delish!

I told my husband what a cheap date I would be if we went to "White Castle". He used to buy a bag, now, I probably would eat 1/2 of one. HaHa!!!

By the way, just the name sliders make me cringe. They sound like they must be full of grease to slide down!!:thumbup:

You guys are killing me LOL cheese burgers were my thing. The bread is no longer an option for me. We were in Lake Havasu last month and of course we had to go to in and out burger. We dont have them at home. One bite of the burger and bread and off to the bathroom I went. So at the end of the trip on the way home (9 hrs drive). we stoped and I ordered it some style any way it means no bun. Slowly but surley I was able to eat it. Probly wont have any thing like that for a long time. One thing I have noticed is that when you dont eat the bread from things. And you look at you plate I think wow what if all that was in my stomach. Then I am sooooo glad I didnt put it in. Any way no more cheeseburger post guys just kiddin.

I'll have to admit. That's one thing I miss - just being able to eat a sandwich (burger, whatever)...without having to take the bun off!

Sometimes, I'd love to just pick it up and eat it...with no worries.

I'm six weeks postop and afraid to even go near bread. Took one bite of pizza and regretted it for a couple of hours. I am a sucker for a McRib Sandwich and plan to eat one (or part of one) as soon as they come to my area. I do plan to just push the meat away from bread and only it eat. Hope it works.

LOL... That's funny. My husband decided he wanted an Ice Cream Cone from Micky Ds and wouldn't you know it.... that big ole sign announcing that MY MOST FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD was back! Oh the sadness. I'm only 3 weeks post op, there's no way I could have even tried to eat that. It was a sad day :thumbup:

It's comin your way...I hope you're ready :lol:

Ok. So I am a newbie but have a question. I was just banded, no fills yet. I ate ground meat on the puree diet and ate a roll yesterday. Where you able to still eat this stuff before your fills but after being banded?

I can, but I try not to eat much of the bun if I eat any of it at all.

I had a McDonald's happy meal hamburger this weekend! I can resist any fast food, but there is something about McD's that I will always love (childhood association?? Who knows?) I ate it very slow - wasn't a problem. It was very satisfying!!! I even at the cute little fries (I think there was about 10 of them in the pack). I am, however, not at my sweet spot (on my way though!).