Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The little things you noticed about your weight loss

I can do new things in the bedroom :). My husband sure loves it..:huh2:

Betsy, size 8???? You go girl!! Dang, I remember when you first showed up here at LBT! Wowser.

Leigha, me too with the necklaces. I have a Tiffany heart necklace DH got me for Christmas a few years back. When I got it, the heart would stick straight out, it was so tight. I couldn't wear it. I was so disapointed!

Now it falls below the little nook in my neck between my collar bones. Right where it should!

Other little things...

Wearing shorts and they don't ride up between my legs.

Cheekbones. I still don't have much of a chin..genetics, drat!

I discovered I actually have tiny wrists. I always thought I had big bones.

Sitting in an airplane and realizing my thighs weren't touching both armrests.

In a restaurant, I don't feel as though everyone is looking at my plate.

In the grocery store, I don't feel as though everyone is looking at my cart. Even if I have a little bit of junk food in it.

I was so excited when I discovered that a regular bath towel wrapped around me with inches to spare--that was a great day! I also love being all the way submerged in the bathtub.

But the size 8 petite jeans I bought yesterday were probably the best NSV to date.

Awesome! The towel thing will probably never work for me...At one stage I got so sick of my towel not fitting around me that I went and bought a jumbo one to make myself feel better... :huh2:

FYI-- I am still looking at your cart, I have become a complete grocery voyeur. :huh2:

I can do new things in the bedroom :huh2:. My husband sure loves it..:huh2:

:biggrin:

:) Nice!

I ditto this one!! LOL!

But crossing my legs is something I realized this weekend. I had forgotten that I couldn't do it, or it just wasn't comfortable, but not anymore!

Not having the shorts ride up and my necklaces fit better--I don't need to use the chain extenders anymore!

FYI-- I am still looking at your cart, I have become a complete grocery voyeur. :huh2:

Maybe so, but I am not embarrassed or ashamed any longer! Look all you want. :)

I used to always be self-conscious about food, whether in a store or restaurant. Even if I had healthy choices in front of me. I felt people were judging me. I have let go of those feelings.

I'm excited about hipbones. I can feel them when I lay on my side. It's so exciting.

me too, me too...I can feel my hip bones sticking out when I lay down....its kind of weird, but cool

Being able to buy clothes at 'normal' stores - JCP, Kohl's, etc.

I can tie my shoes without getting out of breath. I used to have to sit down to tie them. Now, I just bend over while standing up.

Wow, 20 lbs already in a month? That's great! I am having my surgery on Wednesday and am a little nervous about it.

How was the recovery for you? I hear a lot of different stories and I am so afraid of being in agonizing pain. I'm just so used to doing everything for myself that it is going to be really hard for me to let someone else take care of me a little bit.

one of my clients telling me that my face is changing, more defined

I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery. Last year at this time I bought myself a beautiful ring that was a little tight. The jeweler offered to size it for me, but I was too excited to wait, so I said I'd bring it back. Well, within about 3-4 months (earlier this year) I could no longer put it on. I let it sit while I made my decision about surgery. Now I've lost 16 lbs and the ring fits again...and I probably won't have to get it sized after all!!! That was my "first" ah-ha moment!! :-) Looking forward to more like you all described! :thumbup:

I can fold up on the floor in a fallen leaf position and put my forehead on the floor. I can shop in the "normal person" part of the stores. I CAN GET ON MY HORSE WITHOUT A MOUNTING BLOCK!!!!!!!!!! :lol::thumbup::thumbup: