Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crustless Quiche - aka Baked Omelet

This is a hearty recipe to make on the weekend to store for easy weekday Breakfast or mini-meal.

Crustless Quiche - aka Baked omelet

Makes 6 mini-quiches or one small quiche

They freeze and microwave well.

Based on 6 servings:

Cal: 180

Fat: 8g; Carb: 9g; Pro: 20g

2 whole eggs

4 egg whites

¼ c. milk

¼ c. whole-wheat flour

4 oz shredded 2% cheese

6 oz lean Canadian bacon – chopped

1 pkg frozen chopped broccoli – thawed and drained

4-6 oz thinly sliced deli ham (optional - included in nutrition info)

Whisk eggs. Add milk. Add flour.

Add cheese.< /span>

Add veggies and meat.< /span>

Season to your liking.

Place mini-quiche pans on cookie pan and spray lightly. (I use an air-pressure sprayer because I don't like propellant)

Line pans with deli ham or other thin meat if desired.

Scoop egg mixture into each pan.

Bake at 325-350 for 20 minutes. Adjust time as needed.

Quiches are done when not runny in center. Will firm up upon resting.

When cool, you can wrap individual quiches to store in the refrigerator or to freeze. I icrowave them on 50-60% power if from the refrigerator and 30% power if from the freezer. Times vary of course depending on power of the microwave.

The deli ham “crust” is optional. I like the presentation.

Adjust the whole eggs and egg whites to your liking. Equivalent to 4-5 whole eggs depending on preference.

Can double the cheese.

Can substitute other meats such as bacon or chicken or go meatless.

Can substitute other veggies such as chopped spinach (squeeze well), artichoke hearts, peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc. I recommend cooking fresh veggies slightly before adding to mixture. Make sure they are drained.

Can use mini-quiche pans or a regular quiche pan. Can also use a muffin tin. I recommend non-stick pans lightly sprayed.

I do something similar w/ the egg substitute.

Thanks for posting. I love quiche! It has also been a good Protein source for me since being banded.

This is a hearty recipe to make on the weekend to store for easy weekday Breakfast or mini-meal.

Crustless Quiche - aka Baked omelet

Makes 6 mini-quiches or one small quiche

They freeze and microwave well.

Based on 6 servings:

Cal: 180

Fat: 8g; Carb: 9g; Pro: 20g

2 whole eggs

4 egg whites

¼ c. milk

¼ c. whole-wheat flour

4 oz shredded 2% cheese

6 oz lean Canadian bacon – chopped

1 pkg frozen chopped broccoli – thawed and drained

4-6 oz thinly sliced deli ham (optional - included in nutrition info)

Whisk eggs. Add milk. Add flour.

Add cheese.< /span>

Add veggies and meat.

Season to your liking.

Place mini-quiche pans on cookie pan and spray lightly. (I use an air-pressure sprayer because I don't like propellant)

Line pans with deli ham or other thin meat if desired.

Scoop egg mixture into each pan.

Bake at 325-350 for 20 minutes. Adjust time as needed.

Quiches are done when not runny in center. Will firm up upon resting.

When cool, you can wrap individual quiches to store in the refrigerator or to freeze. I icrowave them on 50-60% power if from the refrigerator and 30% power if from the freezer. Times vary of course depending on power of the microwave.

The deli ham "crust" is optional. I like the presentation.

Adjust the whole eggs and egg whites to your liking. Equivalent to 4-5 whole eggs depending on preference.

Can double the cheese.

Can substitute other meats such as bacon or chicken or go meatless.

Can substitute other veggies such as chopped spinach (squeeze well), artichoke hearts, peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc. I recommend cooking fresh veggies slightly before adding to mixture. Make sure they are drained.

Can use mini-quiche pans or a regular quiche pan. Can also use a muffin tin. I recommend non-stick pans lightly sprayed.

Already posted this earlier on another thread. This is a meatless meal served to my wife and I by my banded daughter and her husband, also banded, they had no problems getting it down and it was very tasty too:

Crustless+Spinach+Quiche.jpg

CRUSTLESS SPINACHMUSHROOM QUICHE Sodium Per Serving 112mg Serves 6 as an entrée, 8 as a side dish This recipe was given to me by a vegetarian friend. It is so good and no one will ever

know it contains tofu . . . unless you tell them!

Optional - I add 2 level tablespoons of Oscar Mayer real bacon bits but it does increase the quoted fat and salt levels a bit.

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon unsalted butter (This is also know as sweet butter)

½ sweet onion, diced

2 shallots, chopped

4 ounces mushrooms, chopped (about 1½ cups)

1 garlic clove, minced

¼ teaspoon dried basil

¼ teaspoon garlic or onion powder

¼ teaspoon dried tarragon

¼ teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

4 eggs, beaten, or ¾ cup egg substitute

8 ounces firm tofu

½ cup lowfat ricotta cheese

2 ounces no-salt-added Swiss cheese, shredded (about ½ cup) They used slices diced into small bits.

¼ cup lowfat milk

1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out

teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (ground spice may be substituted but flavor is not as intense)

Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Coat a 9-inch quiche or pie dish with nonstick

cooking spray.

Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onions, shallots and

mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes;

add garlic, basil garlic powder, tarragon, thyme, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly,

until you smell the garlic, 1 to 2 minutes;

remove from heat and let cool slightly.

Mix together the eggs, tofu, ricotta, Swiss cheese, milk, and spinach; add to onion

mixture.

Pour into prepared quiche dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until custard has set and top is lightly

browned. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.

NUTRITIONAL INFO PER 6 SERVINGS:

Calories 200

Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g)

Cholesterol 125mg

Carbohydrates 9g (Fiber 2g, Sugar 5g)

Protien 20g

Sodium 112mg

Already posted this earlier on another thread. This is a meatless meal served to my wife and I by my banded daughter and her husband, also banded, they had no problems getting it down and it was very tasty too:

Crustless+Spinach+Quiche.jpg

CRUSTLESS SPINACH–MUSHROOM QUICHE Sodium Per Serving – 112mg Serves 6 as an entrée, 8 as a side dish This recipe was given to me by a vegetarian friend. It is so good and no one will ever

know it contains tofu . . . unless you tell them!

Optional - I add 2 level tablespoons of Oscar Mayer real bacon bits but it does increase the quoted fat and salt levels a bit.

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon unsalted butter (This is also know as sweet butter)

½ sweet onion, diced

2 shallots, chopped

4 ounces mushrooms, chopped (about 1½ cups)

1 garlic clove, minced

¼ teaspoon dried basil

¼ teaspoon garlic or onion powder

¼ teaspoon dried tarragon

¼ teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

4 eggs, beaten, or ¾ cup egg substitute

8 ounces firm tofu

½ cup lowfat ricotta cheese

2 ounces no-salt-added Swiss cheese, shredded (about ½ cup) They used slices diced into small bits.

¼ cup lowfat milk

1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out

teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (ground spice may be substituted but flavor is not as intense)

Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Coat a 9-inch quiche or pie dish with nonstick

cooking spray.

Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onions, shallots and

mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, 3 to 4 minutes;

add garlic, basil garlic powder, tarragon, thyme, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly,

until you smell the garlic, 1 to 2 minutes;

remove from heat and let cool slightly.

Mix together the eggs, tofu, ricotta, Swiss cheese, milk, and spinach; add to onion

mixture.

Pour into prepared quiche dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until custard has set and top is lightly

browned. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.

NUTRITIONAL INFO PER 6 SERVINGS:

Calories 200

Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 5g)

Cholesterol 125mg

Carbohydrates 9g (Fiber 2g, Sugar 5g)

Protien 20g

Sodium 112mg

Holy Mackerel!! This recipe sounds amazing. I don't eat meat and this sounds just divine. Plus, I love anything involving nutmeg :) Will be trying it out tomorrow night for din din! Thanks again!

Holy Mackerel!! This recipe sounds amazing. I don't eat meat and this sounds just divine. Plus, I love anything involving nutmeg :) Will be trying it out tomorrow night for din din! Thanks again!

IT really is good I just posted another recipe in the Mushies thread for homemade Tomato Soup you might like 111 cal per serving with very low sodium and it makes a great base to Spaghetti Sauce and Chilli too

:)

IT really is good I just posted another recipe in the Mushies thread for homemade Tomato Soup you might like 111 cal per serving with very low sodium and it makes a great base to Spaghetti Sauce and Chilli too

:)

I made this for dinner tonite and added some little twists of my own and it was delicious!! I don't eat meat, but I made a "crust" using smoked turkey bacon for my fiance (I just lined the bottom of the pan with the turkey bacon and then filled it in with the other ingredients...I made the quiches in individual pot pie pans so I could make some veg and some with meat) and he LOVED it! Thanks again for posting the recipe!

I made this for dinner tonite and added some little twists of my own and it was delicious!! I don't eat meat, but I made a "crust" using smoked turkey bacon for my fiance (I just lined the bottom of the pan with the turkey bacon and then filled it in with the other ingredients...I made the quiches in individual pot pie pans so I could make some veg and some with meat) and he LOVED it! Thanks again for posting the recipe!

I'm glad you both enjoyed it The turkey bacon sounds great (better than bacon bits I used I'll do that next time I make it after my surgery and healing phases. For now my wife is joining my sister for meals or eating out. I, am enjoying my delicious Optifast, yessirreebob :P Let me know if you try the Tomato Soup, Its quite good and though it cuts way down on the salt it's still tasty.

All sound good but I needed it more simple and meat free for mushy stage. If anyone else is like me, I just made this this morning. Found it on another site and changed a few things (called for broccoli and swiss, used spinach and cheddar). Spinach was very good for mushy stage,

1 cup egg substitute

1/4 cup fat free half and half

1/4 cup 1% milk or skim milk

frozen spinach thawed and Water removed used about 1/4 cup but use to your taste or broccoli florets

1/2 cup canned mushrooms

3oz low fat shredded cheddar or swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 400F. Defrost spinach and remove Water. Mix egg substitute, half and half, milk, stir in spinach or broccoli and mushrooms. Pour in pie pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake approx 40 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

Protein...17g, calories 166, fat 7.3g, carbs 9.3g 9 (this was based on swiss and broccoli added.)

Had this for the mushie stage. Only problem was the cheese formed a solid layer on top, Had to remove that layer to be able to mush or mushy stage. Tomorrow will try adding the cheese to the mixture, But it was very good, My husband and 12 year old daughter even enjoyed it.

I can't wait to try that recipe. It's already Thursday, weekend is coming! More recipe that I could dine in together with my house mates.

Hope I could cook it perfectly and yummy!

Thanks for the post.

I love it!