Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new and just started researching

I am 26. My bmi is 36 and I'm a mother of 5, struggling, as all of you know. I'm so tired of being this weight and fighting this uphill battle. I hope and pray that this is the answer for me. I want it so badly i can taste it.. I have filled out the 17 pages of paperwork and have a seminar to attend Nov 8th. I'm unsuer what all the steps are after that, but i'm excited about it.

SO HI, and ic an't wait to get my feet wet!

Hi, welcome to the forum! You're among friends now. I was only banded 6 days ago in Belgium, and I'm still finding my feet with it all. I'm on liquids mostly, but they said I could have no lump Soup so my partner has been making me some great healthy Soups and blending them for me.

I'm sure this will be the answer for you. You are obviously completely signed up for it mentally and I'm sure you won't look back.

I look forward to reading your posts. The only way is forward, and we're both grabbing the future full on for sure!!

I'm new here also. I made my appointment with Doc over 2 months ago and this Monday I finally go see him. I'm so excited and I'm ready for this life changing discussion I'm going to make. I wish I already had the lapband put in and seeing progress...but I know its just a little more wait and I will be there!! I'm hoping to be banded before X-mas. This would be the best X-mas gift I could ever give to myself and my family. I have a 7 yr old daughter and a very supportive husband and family. I have High blood pressure, Type 2 Diabetic and my BMI is over 40. So I need this!!! Welcome!!:)

thanks for the welcome! I hope you are both doing great and everything turns out wonderful for you in the end. I've been reading about some of the possible 'problems' that can happen with the lap band and that has me nervous, but I can either not do it out of fear and stay unhappy or at least try it and see if I might be one of the patients that dont have any complications at all, or just minor ones! I think i choose the second path :)

ready to read some more, and I have some questions! see ya around.

I've been reading about some of the possible 'problems' that can happen with the LAP-BAND® and that has me nervous, but I can either not do it out of fear and stay unhappy or at least try it and see if I might be one of the patients that dont have any complications at all, or just minor ones! I think i choose the second path :wink2:

Great attitude!! It's important to educate yourself, but not to get bogged down when you read a story about things not going smoothly. I've had a great experience with my band, and I am so glad that I found this incredible tool. It's so nice to be free from feeling terrible about my weight every single day. :biggrin:

Am sending you best wishes for lots of success!! And, take your measurements and before pics if you haven't already -- you will want them later! Also, I was going to suggest that you read through some bandster blogs. That was a big help to me when I was starting out. There is a link to mine below, and I have links to several others posted on there as well.

Best wishes,

Catherine