Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was banded yesterday and it went great!!!

*Arrived at hospital at 7:30 for registration. The lady that registered me had got banded by the same dr and she has lost 70 pounds since April... Yay!! So we talked and it was such an encourgment..

*Got iv, doctor came in and talked to me and my husband and said it would be about another 30 mins and I would be on my way. I have such an awsome dr. Dr. Dana Edwards is great!!!

*They gave me my happy meds about 9:45

*Rolled me to surgery room, I got on surgery table, stapped my arms down put oxygen mask on and the nurse said, "Im gonna put some stuff in your iv to put you to sleep, it may burn."

I never felt it burn, I think I took two more breaths and the next thing I know it was 12 oclock and I was waking up in recovery.

*The worst part about the whole thing was cottonmouth when I woke up. I was feeling a little woozy so they gave me something for that and since they gave me that they couldnt give me any ice chips for 2 hours..Ugg..

*So I finally got ice chips and was able to hold them down and on my way to the house I went.

*I asked if I could walk out instead of riding in a wheelchair. The nurse let me.

We stopped at Walgreens on our way home and I walked around for 20 mins or so.

When I got home I went ahead and took some of the pain meds and fenegren to be safe. I sat up and visited with family a little bit and then went to bed.

*Slept really well. I would wake up to turn over very easily and then go right back to sleep.< /p>

*Up at 6 am walking around house, stomach a little sore this morning but nothing unbearable. Really only notice when getting up and down from chair.

***For all of you that havent had your surgery yet, put all worries aside. I worried enough for all of us and it was all for nothing****

Would definatly do again!!! I am sure I might have bad days ahead but as of right now I feel great (concidering) I am not doing any flips or kicking to high but seriously feel great. Although I dont want to push it..

** Best of luck to all of you with your surgery in the future**

Same experience here, banded on 10/10, even with the "you might feel a burn" -- I never did. The time frames were almost exactly the same. I was up around noon and out by 1, I enjoyed the wheelchair ride to the car =) My sister drove me home, I almost went about y day as normal, just slower ... sat at the computer for a few e-mails (to let everyone know I was OK), and really excited about the future. Congrats, we're band twins!

I have to say tabatha, that I have been a "lurker" on this site for quite a while just getting informed by reading all of the posts and yours have been one of my favorites. I relate to you the most and my surgery will be October 25th. I am very nervous and skeptical, but your post was very reassuring and I think that I will be able to tone down my anxiety. I am still struggling with the liquid diet, but it is getting better with each day. Thank you for all of your posts, they have been quite an inspiration. :)

I was banded yesterday too. I didn't sleep great last night, but the little bit I did sleep was fine since I slept on and off after getting home yesterday. Today I'm feeling pretty good. Just have some shoulder pain, I think it's from gas, but I'm going to go for a walk in a little bit so hopefully that will help.

Overall, I feel really good. I took pain meds yesterday, but decided to try and just get by with liquid Tylenol today and so far so good. I'm just so happy to have the surgery behind me. Good luck to everyone still waiting to be banded, and don't worry it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Was banded yesterday and it went great!!!

*Arrived at hospital at 7:30 for registration. The lady that registered me had got banded by the same dr and she has lost 70 pounds since April... Yay!! So we talked and it was such an encourgment..

*Got iv, doctor came in and talked to me and my husband and said it would be about another 30 mins and I would be on my way. I have such an awsome dr. Dr. Dana Edwards is great!!!

*They gave me my happy meds about 9:45

*Rolled me to surgery room, I got on surgery table, stapped my arms down put oxygen mask on and the nurse said, "Im gonna put some stuff in your iv to put you to sleep, it may burn."

I never felt it burn, I think I took two more breaths and the next thing I know it was 12 oclock and I was waking up in recovery.

*The worst part about the whole thing was cottonmouth when I woke up. I was feeling a little woozy so they gave me something for that and since they gave me that they couldnt give me any ice chips for 2 hours..Ugg..

*So I finally got ice chips and was able to hold them down and on my way to the house I went.

*I asked if I could walk out instead of riding in a wheelchair. The nurse let me.

We stopped at Walgreens on our way home and I walked around for 20 mins or so.

When I got home I went ahead and took some of the pain meds and fenegren to be safe. I sat up and visited with family a little bit and then went to bed.

*Slept really well. I would wake up to turn over very easily and then go right back to sleep.< /p>

*Up at 6 am walking around house, stomach a little sore this morning but nothing unbearable. Really only notice when getting up and down from chair.

***For all of you that havent had your surgery yet, put all worries aside. I worried enough for all of us and it was all for nothing****

Would definatly do again!!! I am sure I might have bad days ahead but as of right now I feel great (concidering) I am not doing any flips or kicking to high but seriously feel great. Although I dont want to push it..

** Best of luck to all of you with your surgery in the future**

Thank you, Tabatha Lynn, for a wonderful note of encouragement to those of us that are still 'unbanded'! It helps to hear from everyone on their experiences of the surgery. I do hope that I am fortunanute enough to have a good experience like you! If we could all choose the outcome, it would be yours.

I will have surgery Monday. I have been on a liquid diet since this past Monday. My doctor uses Slim Fast....I've gained

5 lbs.!!!! That is awful!!! I had lost 10 before I went on the Slim Fast. They say it is the Protein. I don't know, but I don't like it!! I'll go on to say that I am a lot older than you, too.....but I'm young at heart.

Thank you agian and please keep us informed of your progress. Take care.

Blessings, Pat

Awww thank you for all of your reply's.. It put a huge smile on my face to know that I have eased some of the worries.. I hope all of you have the same experiance as I did.. I woke up at 6 this morning and at noon I went to radio shack and to the post office. I have been out and about all day. Really slow though.. A couple times I would go to laugh and would have to hold it back because it hurt.. I also did not want to take the pain meds so I took childrens tylenol. Done very well with it until about 7 pm. Started feeling a little sore so went ahead and took a half a dose of the pain meds.

Sipped on crystal light and tried to drink some coffee and got about 3 sips and that was it. I have experienced some pain in my shoulders and on my side. But the chewable gas x and dissolvable gas x strips have been wonderful..I would reccommend getting those..

I would go back in and do again in a heart beat. So for those of you facing surgery put your fears aside.. Now dont let me paint you this picture of no pain and all sunshine and roses. I am a little sore and at times I can tell the gas has moved to a different spot but nothing like I thought it would be.

I am so looking foward to hearing all of your success stories so please keep us posted.. I will add that I feel huge for some reason..Maybe all the air in me. I was feeling smaller from pre op but I guess everything still swollen and it just makes me feel bloated..

P.S.. Ive not felt hungry at all.. Ive sipped on chicken noodle Soup broth for the comfort of something warm but Ive not felt hungery.. Gotta love that..

Now that I have wrote a novel I will close...

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am getting banded in December and I have my good days and days where I worry myself to death about the surgery.

Your post is just the inspiration I needed. Thank you for sharing.

I wish you all the sucess you deserve.

I was banded on 10-13-2010. I get a really strong feeling of pressure up in my throat periodically. I am thinking that is gas but it worries me a little. Anyone else feel that pressure?

Glad to see others on the same timeline as me. Good luck to all.

What are you eating these days?

I have not had any food yet. Dont feel hungry but I just want to eat something. I did eat a sugar free pudding today and this eating will take some getting use to.

I have been to scared to try to push it. Of course I am just 2 days into this. Every now and then I get an air pocket or something and it causes a little discomfort but eventually goes away.

I have laid around most of the day just in fear that I might have over done it a little bit yesterday.

I get to have a Protein shake tomorrow and I am so looking forward to that. ( Cant believe those words came out of my mouth)

Best of luck to all of you and if you find any new tips or tricks please share..

congrats to you!

I'm doing it on the 20th and getting a little nervous. Reading your post made me feel so much better. Thank you so much! Have a silly question about gas X I plan on going back to work in 4 days. One of my biggest fears is gas @ work. Does the GasX actually dissolve it or do you have to release the gas. Just don't want to take it at work if it will make the poots worse. I'm sorry to be so gross. But I'm seriously worried about this. Hope you keep feeling better everyday! Your an encourament and inspiration:)

I'm doing it on the 20th and getting a little nervous. Reading your post made me feel so much better. Thank you so much! Have a silly question about gas X I plan on going back to work in 4 days. One of my biggest fears is gas @ work. Does the GasX actually dissolve it or do you have to release the gas. Just don't want to take it at work if it will make the poots worse. I'm sorry to be so gross. But I'm seriously worried about this. Hope you keep feeling better everyday! Your an encourament and inspiration:)

Thats not a gross question, its just a part of it. I know how you feel though. Trying to tell people "the worst part is gas" is kinda wierd.. LOL

But the gas x actually helps you pass it. Now this is where it gets kinda gross on my end.. I would have to say they are not stinky one's or loud ones.. :crying:SORRY!! Seriously just trying to help..

It hasn't been like Im tooting or burbing every 30 mins.. Nothing like that,, I haven't timed them but its not bad at all. Seriously dont think no one will notice at work.

I am finding that at night rolling in bed helps the most.. I am actually going walking around my neighborhood as soon as I get off of here and they say that helps tremendously. The more you move the more you release.

Good luck to you and I hope your surgery goes well. My soreness is fading every day and I feel like by the end of this week I will not feel anything.

Send the questions on,, and I will try to answer!!

I am so happy to hear a great story! I know it is different for everyone but your story is promising:) I will get my band 10/21.

So glad you are feeling well!

Thank you for posting your story. It was just what I needed to hear. I am about 3 months along in the process. My insurance company and surgeon requires a 6 month diet, etc. I was starting to get nervous about the whole procedure.

Thanks for your story! I had first thought that I was going to be a October Bandster, however, i found out today that i will be a November one intstead! It helps to know what I have to look forward to. I want to hear about the good and the bad! :thumbup: