Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Island, NY Banders

Hello,

I was wanted to know if there is any Long Island, NY banders out there. I had my band placed 9/22/10 doing good so far just having a hard time with the soft mushy foods. Also feel like I am not getting enough Protein :smile2:. I've also started bike riding which I must say hasn't been easy since I am so out of shape :frown: but I am pretty sure it will get better. When it starts to get too cold out I am going to start the gym. I look forward to hearing from any Long Islanders :crying: how are things going for you and if you have any suggestions to help me along would be greatly appreciated :tt2:

Hi.. I'm from Valley Stream. I was banded by Dr. Geiss on Sept 2nd 2009. As of today, I've lost a total of 130 pounds.

I bought myself the Wii and the Wii balance board.. it makes it fun to work out.. :smile2:

Hii. I'm from massapequa. Banded 3/08 by dr. Buchin.

I hear ya about feelin like ur not gettin enuff protein..still feel like that a few yrs later lol. Where ya from, who's ur dr, etc.. :smile2: talk to ya soon and welcome..this forum is amazing..be sure to use it..everyone on here is helpful and great

From Queens, but my doc is on LI does that count? LOL (Dr. Shawn Garber/Dr. Spencer Holliver)

From Oceanside NY. Still doing the preop testing. Maybe Jan

Nice to hear from you all. I am from Long Beach but now I am in Uniondale. Just like all4gizmo my doctor is also Dr. Geiss. I am also thinking about getting the Wii since I don't like to work out :smile2: I am trying to find things that I like to which will help me with my weight loss.

I have fun with the Wii. It's not like you're working out and if you get bored you can just buy a different game..

I live in Howard Beach and my surgeon was Dr Vohra out of Hewlett. I actually just bought the Wii 2 weeks before surgery as well as the Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort and the board.

The games will give you a light fun little workout. The Wii Board I wasnt able to use right away because it has a weight limit (I think 300 lbs). But it doesnt stop you from doing other exercises and games.

Hi there:

I am in Ronkonkoma, NY and was banded on 3/29/10. I have a suggestion for a fantastic tasting Protein Shake, called Premier Protein. It is available @ costco and tastes fantastic! Stats of shake: 1g sugar, 3g fat, 160 calories and 30g of Protein. I hope you are feeling well.

Joan

Nice to hear from you guys I have a friend that got the wii she lost a lot of weight I was surper to see her and how small she got. As for the Protein Shakes thanks Joan I'll have to check it out.

Hi.. I'm from Valley Stream. I was banded by Dr. Geiss on Sept 2nd 2009. As of today, I've lost a total of 130 pounds.

I bought myself the Wii and the Wii balance board.. it makes it fun to work out.. :)

I hope you don't mind me being here, but I'm getting banded on 11/11. But the LI title caught my eye, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Elmont.

Dr. Geiss is doing my surgery too. Were you pleased with him and the services in his office???

Edited by topazz

I am from Farmingville and am meeting with Dr. Cooperstone next week for my pre-op appt. I heard he works with Dr. Geiss and am glad you are doing extremely well after the surgery. I am so nervous.

There is a very inspirational lap bander on Youtube.

I think she's from NJ but her Dr was Dr. Geiss (I think) and she has done a phenomenal job. She is one of my inspirations in my journey. Her name is Skymoon1982 check her out if you haven't already.

Dee

Northport here..I was banded in December 07. Lost and kept off 45 lbs. I was a lower bmi. Age 50...very hard to lose weight at this age .. Gratful to be a size 12 again and stopped the gaining. Having stomach pain now for weeks tho..have to have it checked out.

Hi I'm from elmont and I have a consultation with Dr. Geiss.