Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

antidepressants/psych meds?

Do you take psych meds?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you take psych meds?

• Yes, I take an antidepressant.
    • Yes, I take other psych meds.
    • No, I don't take meds now but I used to.
    • I never took psych meds.

Stephanie-in-Al~

Thanks for the info. Maybe I won't have to change them, which would be great. It's hard to remember to take them if I don't do it as I go out the door in the morning...I'm sure I wouldn't remember the evening dose, so extended release works for me!

Emily

i'm on Xanax (0,5) and Seropram (dunno how it gets out in USA)

i have been also in past on Paxil, Effexor but always with Xanax

I've never been on any drugs for mood elevation other than the stupid kid drugs everyone does in high school. HA. I feel like I should wait, because when I think I need them I also think 1 day I could be even worse and then seriously,really need them. So I am waiting for that day. If it ever gets to that point I will call a doctor stat and have them pill me up. My step-mother who raised me has Panic disorder and Agoraphobia that started after she had my little brother and her mother died when she was 7 months pregnant with him. On a regualr day she can't drive out side her city limits and would never imagine getting on a plane to go somewhere without a panic attack. She would rather live like this than to get the pills and therapy she needs because she is scared she will end up in the hospital again. I feel she is missing out on so much life, but while she was on the pills, whatever they were she said that it leveled her mood so much, that not only could she not feel the lows she could never feel the highs either. I hate this for her and since she is my best friend wish that she would get the help she needs so we can go everywhere together and travel and go whenever and whereever we want to go. That is just me being selfish though so in the mean time I just try to talk to her about seeing a phychaitrist, but she would have to drive to get to a decent one, so I don't know what the answer is.

For those on meds, how do you take them? I read somewhere that you have to stop taking them because they could get stuck above the band and block the opening to your stomach.

My doc said that if the pills are small enough you can take them. So I had my shrink switch me from one 20mg pill a day to 2 10mg pills a day, and haven't had any trouble!

I take Wellbutrin XL 150 mg a day. I have been on Prozac (postpartum) and Zoloft (postpartum II), but I gained weight with both. I tried Celexa for 2 weeks; worst 2 weeks of my life...

My Dr. said to take the pills one at a time on an empty stomach, swallow some Water between each one, and take it slow. I have to take a horse pill called niacinamide which is a slow release. After I get my fill I bellieve that I should get the half doses and take 2 pills in place of the one large one. So far Ive had no trouble, thank goodness.

Hi.. I started on effexor about a month ago... and it has reduced my appetite a lot... its really strange. I hope it will last!!! LOL

I take 10 mg of Lexapro and Wellbutrin XL. I'm guessing that I'll have to switch to Wellbutrin twice a day after surgery instead of the extended release ones since I can't crush them without messing with the time release.

Emily

Wellbutrin XL is tiny! I've taken it every day from day 1 with no problems. The three times a day stuff is hard, ask your doc if you can stick with this one.

I'm on Effexor XR (time release). I just got banded in Mex and one of the other patients was a pharmacist. He said once I get restricted and can't take 'em whole anymore to open it up and sprinkle it on some applesauce or the like. It should do fine. I hope so cuz it's still working for me.

I would consult a Pharmacist in the states. Effexor XR is meant to be released slowly. If you open the capsule and take it like you described if your dose is high enough you can suffer from Serotonin Syndrome. I'd be careful.