Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

antidepressants/psych meds?

Do you take psych meds?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you take psych meds?

• Yes, I take an antidepressant.
    • Yes, I take other psych meds.
    • No, I don't take meds now but I used to.
    • I never took psych meds.

Currently, Cymbalta and Trazadone. Nortriptyline/Pamelor from 1988.

Diagnosis, Dysthimic Disorder/Chronic Endogenous depression - chemical imbalance.

I have Uni-polar disorder? It's like manic-depressive, but I'm never depressed. I'm just full-time manic, so they call it Generalized Anxiety Disorder. "They" (all the medical professionals over my life) say that anxiety and depression go hand-in-hand, so they've tried medicating me with all the above, which have almost lead me to seizures. I carry Valium and Xanax with me in case of emergency, but I don't take them often.

Wow! I used to think I didn't know anyone on anti-depressants. I've never taken them, so the subject didn't come up much. But this past Thanksgiving I found out that three of the six cousins in attendance are currently on some sort of mood-leveling medication.

The times, they certainly do change!

I take Wellbutrin XL 150 mg

Trazadone

Prozac

I want to get off of them when possible..

Zocor, Diovan, Zyrtec are the other meds I take. Hope to lose them all.

How many of us (me included) take psych meds? I'm on Lexapro and Xanax.

How much Lexapro do you take? I started with 20mg and now I'm up to 60mg. I guess the magic of Lexapro is wearing out.

Welbutrin 150mg/day here. It's my magic pill :D

I took Welbutrin about a year ago to make me quit smoking. it DROVE ME CRAZYYYYYYY. For 6 days straight I couldn't sleep. I was soooooo tired, so restless, yet I wasn't able to sleep. I'm glad it is working for you.

How much Lexapro do you take? I started with 20mg and now I'm up to 60mg. I guess the magic of Lexapro is wearing out.

I'm on Lexapro 20mg. I started at 10mg right after my daughter was born for postpartum depression and major anxiety and it worked for about 6 months, then the depression seeped through. My shrink told me that after 20mg she likes to go to something else because the increased dosage really doesn't help.

It's now 6 months later (since the increase) and it's not working anymore. It has helped a lot with my anxiety, but my depression is coming back. I go Monday and I bet she changes me to a different happy pill.

I take 20mg/day of Lexapro. I used to take 10mg but was bumped up.

I was taking Effexor before but it seemed to stop working. I have tried Prozac and Wellbutrin but too many side effects.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether the Lexapro is working. I still seem to be pretty anxious, but I don't know what it would be like if I weren't taking anything.

Has anyone ever taken an antidepressant that helps with binge eating? I've heard of this happening but haven't experienced it.

I had a friend that lost 80 pounds after she started effexor. She said that it did away with her appetite. I tried it...gained 30 more. Lucky me. Zoloft makes me hungry...so I've gained more weight. The thing with zoloft for me is that it makes me not care that I disgust others. I now only care about my opinion of me. I can't do that without zoloft.

I was taking Lexapro but still acted bitchy so I quit. I really couldn't tell any difference. If I don't start losing some pounds and find my "sweet spot" I just might need to get back on something! I am totally for taking them if they help. Life's too short to be unhappy!