Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2011 Bandsters !!!

I just came home from the hospital today. Surgery was yesterday. I don't know how some of you guys do it to go home the same day! Just took some lortab and phenergan for nausea. I had a hiatal hernia repair also. I think I have 4 or 5 incisions. He said that because of my hernia he used a large band instead of standard and that it would take longer to find that "sweet spot". Congrats to everyone and a healthy happy new year! Good job!

I finally looked and I have the large incision in my navel and a tiny incision under my right breast. If there is a noticeable scar left in my navel it will be fixed with a Tummy Tuck to get rid of the stretch marks. But I have a long time to go before that happens. Enough time to forget how painful this is!

My Surgery is Monday the 17th. Just 2 days away. So excited yet nervous. I am on my Clear Liquids, belly is growling and I have the headache. I keep saying it isn't forever. My mom and I are actually going for surgery on the same day. Looking forward to the new life.

My surgery is tbe 19th and I am on full liquids now. I am so brave, me and the fam went toCostco so I could stock the house with food and not have to worry about it after surgery.

Love hearing how everyone is doing.

My surgery is Monday the 17th, a tadbit nervous, because everyone is telling me there are tons of complications. My cousin just got hers removed because it ate a hole in her stomach...ouch....I haven't cancelled it because I really want it, so please pray for me that everything goes well.

Have a new surgery date of January 25. It was supposed to be done on the 11th, but I lost my job and had to pay the outrageous fee for the COBRA so for quite a while I was waiting for paper work etc. I'm happy that I have a date again and that it's not TOO far away considering all of the time that I've been waiting.

My Surgery is Monday the 17th. Just 2 days away. So excited yet nervous. I am on my clear liquids, belly is growling and I have the headache. I keep saying it isn't forever. My mom and I are actually going for surgery on the same day. Looking forward to the new life.

Just one more day to go............. I am so excited. I pray that everything goes well. I am happy that my mom and I are doing this together. I will let you know how it goes. We have to be there at 5 am. Please say a prayer.

Just one more day to go............. I am so excited. I pray that everything goes well. I am happy that my mom and I are doing this together. I will let you know how it goes. We have to be there at 5 am. Please say a prayer.

All you out there on the slate for tomorrow are on the prayer list. I wish each and every one of you measured success. Praying that all goes well during your surgeries and that you heal quickly. One more prayer, that you learn how to live peacefully with your new tool.

Good luck tomorrow ladies (and gentlemen if that be the case)

If you're planning on being banded in January your either half way thru your 6 month wait or you've just recently met with your surgeon and you're beginning your 3 month wait filled with dr appts and nutrition classes.

I have aetna and I only have to wait three months but it'll be filled jam packed w/ dr appts and classes, etc...

I went to see a pulmonologist last week and he wants me to get a breathing test, chest x-ray and sleep study. Saw the GI yesterday and my endoscopy is set for 11/5 and my cardiologist is Friday - can't wait to see what HE has in store for me - haha --- I'm actually excited to get this "work up of the stars" --- how many others are thankful for all these tests (cause when else would we get them done??)

My BMI is under 40 and my last two years worth of weights was around a 35 but I have diabetes and high triglicerides...hoping that this is acceptable for aetna approval cause I'm gaining and not losing no matter what I do - I presently need to lose 80-90 pounds and there is no way I could do it on my own with the diabetes and hypo-thyroidism. :laugh:

I'm curious to know who is getting banded in January (My surgery date is 1/18/11 if approved). I'd love to hear your stories and concerns - anything at all --- just want to put together a group for those that are planning a new life style come January - I can't think of a better new years resolution!!!! :thumbup: ~Renee

weight.png

I will be having my surgery soon--went to the GI last week , had my endoscope. Waiting for my nurse to call for the pre-op appt.--then 2 weeks of liquids--

I agree Renee--this is my best resolution ever!!!!

All you out there on the slate for tomorrow are on the prayer list. I wish each and every one of you measured success. Praying that all goes well during your surgeries and that you heal quickly. One more prayer, that you learn how to live peacefully with your new tool.

Good luck tomorrow ladies (and gentlemen if that be the case)

Debdab.. Awaiting my surgery---will definately pray for all those having surgery tommorrow!!!

Well....this is it - last day of the pre op diet and I will confess that I've had a few slip up's

I am very nervous that I may have done "some sort of damage" but when I really thought about it - my few slips were with Proteins that weren't already on my generous list of foods.

I made sure I got my 3 Protein Shakes in per day and tomorrow is the big day.

I'm just waiting for the doctors office to call now to give me a time for my surgery. Of COURSE New Jersey is expecting a rain/ice/snow storm --- lol Ugghhh......

Hi! I'm getting banded this Thursday, 1/20/11 EEE!!! I'm excited but also a bit nervous since I've never been put under before. I've lost 30 lbs on the liver shrinking diet. My doctor is very pleased. He told me that since I have done so good on the pre-op diet, the surgery should be a "piece of cake". I said, "Seriously? I'm on a 700 cal./day diet and you wanna talk about CAKE?!?" :D It was kinda funny. Anyway, this part of the journey has had its ups and downs. But I know in my heart its going to help me become a healthier, stronger, happier woman. Yay! Good luck to everyone at whatever stage in the process you're in! <3

Did you get a surgery time yet? Don't worry about the weather...I think we will be okay by morning. :-)

Be sure to report back when you are feeling up to it!

Well....this is it - last day of the pre op diet and I will confess that I've had a few slip up's

I am very nervous that I may have done "some sort of damage" but when I really thought about it - my few slips were with Proteins that weren't already on my generous list of foods.

I'm just waiting for the doctors office to call now to give me a time for my surgery. Of COURSE New Jersey is expecting a rain/ice/snow storm --- lol Ugghhh......

im in the same boat as you! i live in philly....i got my call and i have to be at the hospital by 5:45am! that is insanity! i hope the weather doesnt throw a monkey wrench in things....im about to pack my "off to the hospital" bag and go to sleep...

good luck to you!