Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ONE YEAR Anniversary!

last week (October 2nd) was my one year anniversary. I am EXTREMELY happy where I am at today weight wise. In the past 6 months I am doing things that i havnt done in over 20 years!.I finally fit in a regular swing at the park,I can buy jeans right off the shelf in ANY store that sells them, and i can (and did) buy the Puma and Nike sneakers that i always wanted(they didnt come in wide widths) yes, even my feet got thin...lol,and would you believe an XL shirt is big on me...me a guy who wore a "tight" 3XL before.

I had to have some other surgery last November in a hurry for nerve damage and couldnt have that till i lost some weight, so my doctors "aggressively" with tighting the band. well it worked I am down about 145 pounds in a year. I feel great and have tons more energy. THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!..I honestly believe without the band I would have diabetes, a heart attack/stroke or death within a couple of years............ and many thanks to everyone in the forum for helping me with my "stupid" questions and sharing your experiences. this is a great forum and it helps lots of people out ..thanks again:thumbup::puke::thumbup::)

Great post, and well done!

The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked before going ahead with surgery.

Congratultions!

Congrats!!!

Happy Anniversary, sounds like a happy birthday is also instore. I say that b/c it sounds like you are a new you. Congrats

WOW! That is great! I am jealous. (Not of your other surgery...) My 1 year was October 5 and I am down 66lb. Great job!

Congratulations!

I am just past my Bandiversary which went by without me noticing it.

BUT I have lost 60% of my excess weight, am down to a size 14 from a 22 and feel great and look great.

I am due another fill and am remembering just now what it is like to be hungry all the time but roll on next week when I will get a fill and hopefully be back to the wonderful green zone when food is really not that important to me any more.

Awesome job--congratulations! Happy anniversary!

Happy,happy, happy bandiversary!

What an inspiration! I hope I can reach my goal by my 1 year bandiversary! Wow, hats off!:laugh:

thanks all!! and congrats to everyone who is changing their life for the better and not letting food rule our lives