Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What drinking while eating rule do you follow?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What drinking while eating rule do you follow?

• no drinking 30 min before and 30 min after
    • no drinking 15 min before and 45 min after
    • drinking all the way up to eating and then stop; no drinking for 1 hour after
    • no drinking for an hour before and after
    • other

Dr. Ren's team advises no drinking 5 minutes before through 20 minutes after. However, the brochure from Inamed suggested no drinking for 2 hours post (i think i remember it correctly).

I adhere to the 5 minutes before and try to stretch the time to at least 1 hour (believing that I will be hungry faster if I drink sooner).

I wonder why the instructions from the manufacturer and the surgeon are so different.........

Question. I like to make Soups in the winter. However, won't they go right through the pouch and leave me hungry?

Should I only have Soups for the couple of days after a fill?

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried the Carb Countdown milk?

>>>>>>>>yes, many times.

It is excellent, and also comes in a tasty chocolate.

>>>>>>>yep.. I lost 41 pounds by using this for a month. The little amount of carbs and good taste is like a miricule when your losing weight low carbing.

It adds Protein, and reduces the sugar of regular milk. So, if you're gonna drink it, them might as well drink a healthier version.

>>>>Well.. its not the same and my brain knows it. I cant seem to control this addiction and substitutes never feel right... they make me go crazy (thus I use the word addiction) and I always fail to stay on track witht he substitutes.

I drink skim supreme. (most of the time)

Also, look for some of the new reduced sugar juices, and try some sugar-free koolaid, and crystal light. Fruity tasting, but no cals.

>>>>>> I do, I but the welches and the tampico reduced sugar juice.. It has been fine for months now.

BUT the crystal lite and sugar free coolaid and the dozens of other low and no carb/sugar drinks... I have been trying for a decade to USE.. and I never stick to them, they never saticefy my cravings,

Nothing taste like juice cept juice, and its been VERY HARD to keep on the diet juice.

Sugar is one of the biggest enemies. Empty calories, no nutritional value. fruit juice is nothing but liquid sugar.

>>>>>I know.

Since you are only drinking, at least try to work in Protein shakes, or get unflavored unjury Protein Powder, and add it to your liquids. If you can't get off the liquids, then make them work for you, and make them healthy.

>>>>>Right.. thats what I was saying... Milk has a ton of protein, so I am NOT short on protein.. But I was wondering about Other nutrients.

If you can't beat it, join it. Make it work for you. If liquids are what you love, them make them Work For You!!

>>>>>>GREAT ADVICE!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Question. I like to make Soups in the winter. However, won't they go right through the pouch and leave me hungry?

>>>>>Make healthy, low fat, low carb, low cal soups and you should be able to get enough in NOT to be hungry.

Otherwise.. yes, you may be hungry..

I eat Soup every day.. A can of tomatoe is my lunch and I fill nice and full.

Should I only have soups for the couple of days after a fill?

>>>>>>>Thin ones and other liquids only.

<!-- / message -->