Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What drinking while eating rule do you follow?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What drinking while eating rule do you follow?

• no drinking 30 min before and 30 min after
    • no drinking 15 min before and 45 min after
    • drinking all the way up to eating and then stop; no drinking for 1 hour after
    • no drinking for an hour before and after
    • other

I was wondering how many people follow which rules--the eating and drinking rule in particular.

Answer what you actually DO, not what you were told to do. :D

Can I change my vote to Big Paul's? Whoever looks at the numbers, just use a marker across your screen and change my vote. I was a 60/60 girl before.

I was never a big drinker while I ate. I do however drink a bit here and there with my meals, but just enough to keep my mouth lubed. I know it's a no-no, but I don't have a problem with being hungry until 3-4 hours after a meal and I'm losing weight well, so I don't care.

ditto Carrie, I drink a little here and there. I'm staying full, and loosing weight so I don't think about it to much.

I wet my lips while I'm eating, especially if my meal is to dry like chicken. I drink about 1/2 hr after my meal b/c thats when I feel parched.

I drink up to my meal time and then wait a 1/2 hour (most times :) ). I do find when I eat a meal that is "not so healthy" that 1/2 hour is soooo long. It has become an indicator for me....if I'm dying of thirst straight after a meal it could have been a healthier choice. If I eat a nice healthy meal the 1/2 hour is no problem at all.

My doc told me that I'm not supposed to drink the 1/2 hour before I eat a meal. To me, this seems pointless. Doesn't Water go RIGHT THROUGH the band? Seems like it'd take only a minute or two for the whole thing to go through. Anyone with me on this? Is there a different reason I'm not aware of?

My doc told me that I'm not supposed to drink the 1/2 hour before I eat a meal. To me, this seems pointless. Doesn't Water go RIGHT THROUGH the band? Seems like it'd take only a minute or two for the whole thing to go through. Anyone with me on this? Is there a different reason I'm not aware of?
I can only say from my own experience that drinking right up to eating a meal is not good. I experienced my 2nd PB after doing this. It was extremely painful and lasted longer than the other 3 that I've experienced.

Personally, I wait a 1/2 hour before eating and at least an hour after before drinking anything. Therefore, none of the above poll options refer to me.

I can only say from my own experience that drinking right up to eating a meal is not good. I experienced my 2nd PB after doing this. It was extremely painful and lasted longer than the other 3 that I've experienced.

How does Water before a meal make you PB?

For me, its a choice.. to eat OR to drink.

I can drink all I want (at night) before I eat.

But drinking while or after just causes me the pain that makes me have to stop.

I usually choose liquids becasue A serving of lasangue just isnt worth not being able to drink anything for three hours.

I wont even have like a milkshake or Soup because it will limit my intake of my milk and juice.

I am addicted to liquids. I used to consume a gallon of milk and or juice MINIMUM per day... Now its alot less..

Right now I am on a chocolate milk kick and very pissed at myself about it..

I might not get the nutrients i need, especially when i get filled more.

I have plans to be good in January.. and if I cant be, than I dont know what to do about this whole band and addiction to milk and juice,

Have you tried the Carb Countdown milk? It is excellent, and also comes in a tasty chocolate. It adds Protein, and reduces the sugar of regular milk. So, if you're gonna drink it, them might as well drink a healthier version.

Also, look for some of the new reduced sugar juices, and try some sugar-free koolaid, and crystal light. Fruity tasting, but no cals.

Sugar is one of the biggest enemies. Empty calories, no nutritional value. fruit juice is nothing but liquid sugar.

Since you are only drinking, at least try to work in Protein shakes, or get unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder, and add it to your liquids. If you can't get off the liquids, then make them work for you, and make them healthy.

If you can't beat it, join it. Make it work for you. If liquids are what you love, them make them Work For You!!