Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have a break down of how much weight you lost after lapband surgery?

I wanted to know if anyone had a month to month diary of how much weight was lost on LAP-BAND®. I also wanted to know if there was anything special you had to do a long with eating right and exercising.:thumbup:

03/19/09 (Initial Consult) = 257#

04/10/09 (Surgery) = 245#

05/11/09 - 232.5#

06/12/09 - 223.0#

07/15/09 - 217.0#

08/17/09 - 207.0#

09/14/09 - 199.5#

10/15/09 - 192#

11/18/09 - 184#

12/18/09 - 178#

01/08/10 - 170.5#

02/17/10 - 166#

03/18/10 - 160#

04/23/10 - 156#

05/19/10 - 154.5#

06/24/10 - 154.5#

08/05/10 - 150# (initial goal)

10/03/10 - 147# (2# to go!)

Tips? Drink plenty of Fluid. Get the recommended Protein levels (60-80 grams?). Do something active daily. Working out with weights or using strengthing equipment really helps! Choose to eat a more healthier diet (don't we all feel better when we do?) Honestly, from reading posts on this forum and knowing other bandsters, I count myself as one of the lucky ones. I can eat anything I want, however, I CHOOSE to eat healthier foods for me since I don't eat as much (Most of the time :thumbup:).

Don't get discouraged. I had periods of time when I went up a few lbs, but it seems to turn around once I got in the right frame of mind again.

I hesitated posting this because I don't want people comparing themselves to my journey, but at the same time, I think we are all on here to get questions answered and to answer questions, so I wish you the best!

My biggest suggestion is don't allow yourself to get too tight and severely limit the choices of foods you are able to eat. Too much pbing, sliming, or too many foods that give you trouble is no good. You should be able to eat solid foods.

Try and get some Fiber in your diet if all possible. Kashi Cereal is a great source of Protein and Fiber. A glass of Plumsmart light helps also. When choosing your diet, pay attention to carbs. I'm not a low-carber anymore, I just limit things like potatoes, rice, Pasta to only a couple of days a month. Choose bread (toast) that is whole grain and high in fiber. Foods that are protein and/or fiber based help you to stay full longer. A great choice for me is a Greek yogurt with homemade granola (made with Kashi Cereal, peanuts, pecans, choc chips, brickle bits). You really have to experiment with food choices to see what works for you.

I do drink 2 Protein shakes a day. One in the morning with skim milk (220 calories) and 1 in the afternoon (100 calories) - for 50 grams total. So I get plenty of protein with my diet. I seem to lose more weight when I drink the shakes and can go several hours before getting hungry.

Good luck!

Wow!! I can't wait! Does anyone know if it is dangerous at all to lose this much weight this fast? They say with all the other diets that you should only lose 2 lbs a week. I guess this is different since I haven't read anything about it. Anyone know?????

The norm on lapband is 1 to 2 pounds per week weight loss. When the body loses too rapidly there is the danger of lots of hanging skin. Exercise will hep with that to a degree.

The norm on LAP-BAND® is 1 to 2 pounds per week weight loss. When the body loses too rapidly there is the danger of lots of hanging skin.

That is a horrible, horrible misconception.

The speed at which you lose weight has absolutely nothing to do with how much excess skin you wind up with in the end!

That is a horrible, horrible misconception.

The speed at which you lose weight has absolutely nothing to do with how much excess skin you wind up with in the end!

Just saying what the PA told me when I said I thought I should be losing more quickly. Mea Culpa if that is incorrect information.

Date Banded: 8/25/2010

Weight at surgery: 255

I took off a lot of Water weight in the first two weeks and want to say 12 lbs came off very fast, then I plateaued a little and started walking 30 min at lunch. First fill: 10/5/2010

Current weight: 228

LIke others have said, some weeks you lose more, some less. It does not do you any good to get on a scale every day. Weekly is a better idea.

Just saying what the PA told me when I said I thought I should be losing more quickly. Mea Culpa if that is incorrect information.

I should've mentioned that it is often quoted and always wrong.

Loose skin has many variables and how fast you lose weight is not one of them.

Age and amount of stretching being the two most prevalent.

I should've mentioned that it is often quoted and always wrong.

Loose skin has many variables and how fast you lose weight is not one of them.

Age and amount of stretching being the two most prevalent.

I believe it mostly has to do with genetics! Good genes definetly help.

265 - Highest

260 - "official" for start of program

247 - surgery weight

229.4 - 1 month out

219.8 - 2 months out

213.2 - 3 months out

207 - 4 months out

199.8 - 5 months out

196 - 5 months 3 weeks....

so...right now I'm just shy of 70 from the top, 65 from the "official" and 51lbs lost since surgery in slightly less than 6 months. FWIW, I have not had any fills yet....