Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bummed i have only lost 25 pounds in 3 yrs

My goal now is to work harder on the eating. To ensure that I always give myself the foods that I need and not just the ones I want.

I had lap band surgery 3 years ago. Ihave only lost 25 pounds. My doctor said i gave it a good try and we may need to consider gastric bypass

I've also had the band for 3 years ... my original weight loss goal was 78 lbs..... at the 2 1/2 year mark I finally reached the 50 lb mark..... then I gained 22 lbs back...... just got a fill after 9 months hopefully I will start losing again.... starting weight was 268 current weight is 230..... lowest banded weight 218.....

just hang in there. I'm sure we still have to do our part. Gaining back 22 lbs has to mean that you are eating more and not exercising as much. Calories in = calories out.

My band is at almost 10cc and I still eat empty calories that I shouldn't. Having a full band doesn't mean we still don't make bad choices.

Imckelvy = it sounds like you were on the right path, maybe a fill and a re-focus on your goals will get you back on track??

good luck with your journey!

I'm at my wits end and ready to give up on the weight loss and just be a fat as the rest of my life..... I had a fill about 4 weeks ago..... down only 10 lbs and I pb everything..... I haven't thrown up yet but I pb everyday..... I'm miserable. ..... I want to be able to eat..... it would be different if I couldn't eat and I were losing tons of weight. .... I'm just miserable for no reason. ....

Current weight 224..... starting weight 268 .....goal weight was 185-190..... he'll I would have loved to just see 199....... 3 years and 2 months out.......smh

I am in a very similar situation and am hoping for some advice. I was banded in July 2007 and since then have lost 70 of the 170 of my goal.

There was a lot of time in between fills as I moved to Ireland two years after being banded and then to India for six months where I lost 40 of the 70lbs and now I'm back in the US. I went in for a fill about a year ago and then around 4 months ago started having issues where I was vomiting nasty black tar in the middle of the night and had HORRIBLE reflux. Just yesterday it was determined that my band had slipped slightly. My band is now empty and will be for the next couple of months, I only had 2cc in my band in the first place and now my nurse is telling me I can NEVER be that full again :-( this news to me is basically telling me I'll be basically empty forever! I'm so discouraged and I don't really know what to do. Has anyone ever been told after a slippage that they can never be as full as they were when the slippage occurred? Also what are some opinions on why I may be stalled? I was diagnosed with hypo thyroidism and am currently not on medication. (long story short my husband doesn't really understand the culture of being medicated here and he doesn't feel I should be "wasting money" on taking medication for hypothryoidism. He thinks that me being overweight is simply my fault for not eating as well as I could be [even though in my opinion I don't eat THAT badly]) on top of that it's hard for me to get my Protein in because he is also a vegetarian and thinks that meat and cheese is bad for you and god forbid I be able to convince him otherwise.

I'm at a loss, I don't understand why I'm not losing anymore and I don't know what to do about my hypothyroidism and I'm not sure what to think about never being able to go above 2cc again either!

please help!

first of all...i have hypothyroidism and when I was first diagnosed, I went out and bought a book on it so I could understand what it was and choose the best options for me. your thyroid controls ALL your hormones in your body and if it doesn't work correctly, it can throw your whole system out of wack! Mine wasn't working at all, I measured at an 8 which meant I could literally go into a coma from this. I take a small synthetic thyroid pill once daily, they are not expensive. I think you can get them at Walmart for $4 a month. BUT, what a difference it made in my life! I have more energy, no more depression-like symptoms, and just an all-around better feeling. My weight is still coming off slowly but it is coming off. It still comes down to calories in calories out.

secondly, Protein. We all know it is important. It is hard for me to get enough also just because meats are hard for me to take in. My band is pretty full and meat gets stuck easy so I really have to eat soft things. You can still get Protein in nuts and fish and Protein shakes and bars. Also, try searching the web and looking for other means of getting protein....

and lastly, and process like this is hard and stressful but not having your partner support you in this makes it that much more difficult. You need to try to find a way to focus this journey on you and not on what hubby will allow. I realize that could be difficult but if you can't fight for yourself in this, no one else will.

Sorry for being brutally honest, but my husband supports me (or tries to :) ) and still wants to go out to eat at fast food places and buy sweets to bring home. chocolate is the devil to me and is keeping me from losing so having it in the house is bad. I have no will power. I had to tell him if he wants to buy this stuff, he has to put it in his office so I don't see it. He still won't give up the fast food so I am learning what healthy options are at each of the places he likes to eat...

But you really need support. Remember we are here for you :)

without having to re-write my thoughts on my stall, please read my new post and give me your thoughts....

http://www.debbiedanthony.com/cake-walk-no-way/

Banded 7/2010. Lost 60 first year. Gained 40. Lost 28 of that.

Refuse to weigh myself at home. Only on Dr. scales.

I too am slow loser. Very frustrating. I workout 4 + times a week normally.

I'm new to this site and I'm glad I found it! I've had my band since may of 08. I went from 314 pounds to 170. I've gained back about 53 pounds I had a small leak in my tubing and lost restriction had that fixed and lost about 13 of those pounds so far...the reason I haven't lost more since having it fixed is...me! I need start eating like I know I should and mooooving! I am still so grateful that I have kept off over 100 pounds! Love my band and don't know where I'd be without it!

Hi folks, I got banded in Feb 2008. I lost 30 pound by Sept. However I have found it very hard to keep it off and have put on two thirds of it. I too wonder if I don't want it badly enough, but I know that if I get any heavier I will hate myself and my life. So I think those of us in this position need to look back at why we got it done in the first place and how we felt back then. Hopefully reminding ourselves of that may motivate continual effort. Never give up. Good luck

Hey guys

I was banded in March of this year and have only lost about 20lbs....recently I have been exercising a lot more and eating between 900-1000 calories but still not losing:/ any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey guys

I was banded in March of this year and have only lost about 20lbs....recently I have been exercising a lot more and eating between 900-1000 calories but still not losing:/ any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Do you track calories? Do you feel like the band is working? What I mean is do you feel satiety after a small meal and does it last 4+hours?

I am in exactly the same place you are!! my 3rd bandiversary is coming next month and I only hit 21 lbs. total. And that fluxuates.

I am very frustrated because my asthma is really giving me a hard time so exercise is almost impossible so It seems an impossible task to lose any real weight. The only real thing it has done is keep me from gaining weight and stop me from over-eating or eating the wrong things. I am more careful about what I choose to eat but I really miss my vegetables. I used to eat broccoli and cauliflower like crazy...now I can only handle a small amount.

found cooking meat in a pressure cooker makes it much easier to eat though! That was a life-saver since microwave food is not an option any longer.