Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Did I mention to you guys that I am full for no reason? I haven't eaten anything all day and I'm full

just filled yesterday? or how long, my doc has me complete the day of my fill on Clear Liquids, next day full liquids, next day mushies, then the Proteins and veggies a bit soft the final day.

but that is a good sign, I have been filled and on the above regiment feel starving. so that's great.

Yep I got filled last night around 6:30 and I'm liquids only. All i have had is coffee and Water. I will add stuff to it eventually to see how i hold up. I'm full and I feel full so i'm good with that.

just filled yesterday? or how long, my doc has me complete the day of my fill on clear liquids, next day full liquids, next day mushies, then the Proteins and veggies a bit soft the final day.

but that is a good sign, I have been filled and on the above regiment feel starving. so that's great.

Ebeeze, no worries my friend I am right there with you. My 1 yr. anniversary was Sept 29. I have only lost 20lbs in my year. I am blaming myself, I do not exercise nearly enough.

I went in to see my Dr on the 29th and he gave me another fill. I am now at 7cc in my 10cc band. I am so tight now. Hoping I am not to tight. I am going to figure out what I have been doing wrong and fix it. I have always drank my Water and count calories and Protein. But because of my no weightloss issue I cant help but feel as if I am doing something wrong. This is an everyday struggle and I feel as if I have failed everyday when I see the scale.

I am truly happy for all of you who have hit goal or are close to it. I hope to be posting a huge loss on my next anniversary.

If any of you have tips or tricks you would like to share, I definitley am willing to try them.

currently stuck with weight loss, and have been for months, I do know the one time in months that I lost weight was when I was on vacation, when I felt like I ate more, but was also very active at the beach. and weight came off. I keep feeling like if I do the right things the weight will come off, but now you are scaring me. I think I need more exercise. I just want to eat right and lose. and do some exercise, but I think I have to exercise a lot.

You gals that have lost like 100 lbs, how much do you exercise and what do you do? just curious.

Theresa maybe we can help each other and keep each other motivated to get down to our goals. I did read somewhere that I should substitute a Protein shake in everyday for a meal to help with keeping me full. I am also starting off with 30 minutes of treadmill to get my heart rate up.

Ebeeze, no worries my friend I am right there with you. My 1 yr. anniversary was Sept 29. I have only lost 20lbs in my year. I am blaming myself, I do not exercise nearly enough.

I went in to see my Dr on the 29th and he gave me another fill. I am now at 7cc in my 10cc band. I am so tight now. Hoping I am not to tight. I am going to figure out what I have been doing wrong and fix it. I have always drank my Water and count calories and Protein. But because of my no weightloss issue I cant help but feel as if I am doing something wrong. This is an everyday struggle and I feel as if I have failed everyday when I see the scale.

I am truly happy for all of you who have hit goal or are close to it. I hope to be posting a huge loss on my next anniversary.

If any of you have tips or tricks you would like to share, I definitley am willing to try them.

Yes I would love to be buddies with you....Would you like to swap numbers?

Okay so I am on my 6th ay with my fill and it is hard to eat Soup, it goes down sloooowwwwlllyyyy I almost feel as if it is going to get stuck.

Question: should I give it acouple more days or should I go get some out?

Theresa maybe we can help each other and keep each other motivated to get down to our goals. I did read somewhere that I should substitute a Protein shake in everyday for a meal to help with keeping me full. I am also starting off with 30 minutes of treadmill to get my heart rate up.

I'm curious about the 100lb weight loss myself. Somebody please tell me what to do to get there

Ladies, I just think some of it is out of our control. In fact, when I hear about how hard you all work with slow results, I know that it isn't a matter of what I did right that you're doing wrong-- no way! I lost 100 lbs and part of it was just plain old dumb luck. Many of you are way healthier in behavior than I am.

I hate to say this because I don't want to be the cause of anyone's pain and I truly believe that it isn't fair-- but I don't exercise and haven't really done much in the way of sustained physical activity this entire time. I ate low carb for the first 6 months and have been more relaxed since then, so it isn't even some magical calorie or specific food-type eating plan that got me 100 lbs down. Honestly, I think it's that I actually have a relatively small build underneath all of the fat, and that I hadn't dieted or messed with my metabolism at all in 10 years before getting surgery, so my body was willing to cooperate if I just ate less and ate healthy most of the time.

I only say all of this because I want you to know-- you are not a failure and most of you seem to be doing even more than I did but having slower results. It's frustrating and unfair, but as long as you stay honest with yourself and keep pushing, I have to believe that eventually you will see better results.

Theresa, so when you say 6 days out and it's hard to get Soup down, is this broth, or cream soup?

are there any chuncks in it?

are there things like potatoes or white rice in it.

I often have hard time with the above things, so I wouldn't worry too much if that's it

even thick cream Soups

if you are talking broth I'd worry

what about protien shake, is that still hard?

are you spitting up at all, reflux at night anything like that?

can you drink Water fine with no problem

are you getting enough Protein?

if the above is not / or is happening then I would be worried.

the the above is ok then just take it easy, and wait another week even.

if you start spitting up, not able to drink Water, having reflux at night go tot he dr.

and if you want a test also, try clear fluids again for like a day and see if that helps, sometimes the swelling can take time, sometimes it gets irritated and clear fluids can help letting the swelling go down.

but ultimately you should be able to eat solids, so if you can't at some point in the next couple weeks you should consider going in.

that's my thought anyway

With Water, it goes down as long as I dont try and gulp it down, same with broth.

Soup I was talking about was heavy cream (chowder type) It did have pot and chicken in it. I ended up blending it up so I could eat it.

I can chew up my Gummy Vitamins and have no issues lol.

I drink Muscle milk and it goes down with no problem.

Its definitly just hard, never had it this tight before, its like learning all over again. I am going to just take it easy and give it time. Thank you Lisa

Theresa, so when you say 6 days out and it's hard to get Soup down, is this broth, or cream soup?

are there any chuncks in it?

are there things like potatoes or white rice in it.

I often have hard time with the above things, so I wouldn't worry too much if that's it

even thick cream Soups

if you are talking broth I'd worry

what about protien shake, is that still hard?

are you spitting up at all, reflux at night anything like that?

can you drink Water fine with no problem

are you getting enough Protein?

if the above is not / or is happening then I would be worried.

the the above is ok then just take it easy, and wait another week even.

if you start spitting up, not able to drink water, having reflux at night go tot he dr.

and if you want a test also, try clear fluids again for like a day and see if that helps, sometimes the swelling can take time, sometimes it gets irritated and clear fluids can help letting the swelling go down.

but ultimately you should be able to eat solids, so if you can't at some point in the next couple weeks you should consider going in.

that's my thought anyway

sounds ok, I have trouble with cream Soups, and if there is any potatoes wow!!! try something solid, but not starchy, but not too firm, like moist fish, or soft scrambled egg.

if it's hard go back to Clear Liquids for a day, and try again.

if you can do those things

in a day try something a bit firmer, like moist chicken, even just lunch meat is fine.

the rest is just about the side dishes you can get down with out fear.

I always can get salad greens and down, so that and Protein helps me feel full and makes my plate look full

other sides vary depending on my tightness and stress level.

potatoes almost never

whole grain like quinoa, yes

squash even yes

Beans or cauliflower yes

even bread sometimes, if it's toasted really

only corn tortillas, no white ones

white rice almost kills me, brown rice is ok.

just take it slow and you'll figure out what you can and can't do.

oh yeah, sorry to go on and one, but another good trick is the soft stop- I have realized i get an ever so slight nasal drip, just a slight snif, and if I stop then and a minuite or two I will feel completely satiated. if I blow past that and keep eating I will end up too full. I've read the soft stop to be a sigh sometimes too. it's like it takes the brain a minute to register that you are full.

I can only plan to do better and actually try. I hope to get to the green zone soon so i can start to lose the weight like i'm supposed to.

Ladies, I just think some of it is out of our control. In fact, when I hear about how hard you all work with slow results, I know that it isn't a matter of what I did right that you're doing wrong-- no way! I lost 100 lbs and part of it was just plain old dumb luck. Many of you are way healthier in behavior than I am.

I hate to say this because I don't want to be the cause of anyone's pain and I truly believe that it isn't fair-- but I don't exercise and haven't really done much in the way of sustained physical activity this entire time. I ate low carb for the first 6 months and have been more relaxed since then, so it isn't even some magical calorie or specific food-type eating plan that got me 100 lbs down. Honestly, I think it's that I actually have a relatively small build underneath all of the fat, and that I hadn't dieted or messed with my metabolism at all in 10 years before getting surgery, so my body was willing to cooperate if I just ate less and ate healthy most of the time.

I only say all of this because I want you to know-- you are not a failure and most of you seem to be doing even more than I did but having slower results. It's frustrating and unfair, but as long as you stay honest with yourself and keep pushing, I have to believe that eventually you will see better results.

Oh yeah. I figured out that I was so tight after my fill on Tuesday because my stomach was full of gas :unsure: it felt like it did when i initially first came out of surgery really tight and uncomfortable. After finally getting all of that extra air out of me my stomach finally started growling this morning around 11. I had some mashed potatoes and it didn't take very many for me to fill up on not to mention it was kinda hard to swallow. So anyway, i go back to the doctor on the 25th if this is gonna help me out then i'm gonna stick with this level of restriction.