Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Hi everyone,

I will be going in for my first fill on Saturday. I am looking forward to it because I feel hungry more than I did. I have nothing in right now, but have lost 15 lbs since surgery. I have not lost any in the past 2 weeks though. I am hoping the fill will restrict me and allow me to see some weight loss. 6 weeks in and ready to get this thing really going. I want to look good for a cruise next year!

I do feel my port. It is too close to my ribs I think because I really feel it when I am sitting down, almost like my ribs are pushing on it. I don't want to go through the trouble of having it moved because I can remember the pain the frist time. The buring and the pulling were terrible. I was told that I experienced this because my Dr. sewed the port to the abd muscles. Other doctors told me the no longer do that, but use mesh to keep it in place because it it is less painful for the patient.

I do have a question....has anyone else experienced a numb belly? The surface of the lower right side of my stomach is very numb. I can't feel it. Been that way since surgery. Thought it would get better, but not yet. anyone else experience this?

Enough rambling on....I am proud of all the progress I see here, it gives me hope!

Edited by calsgal

Guys I have a question. Can you feel your port? I can even see it sticking out, and if I press on it, it hurts. (yea I know don't press on it:tongue_smilie:

Missjoany, Yes I can see and feel my port.

Last night I had to go for another sleep study. When I use my c-pat machine, it would be uncomfortable. I think the Dr may take me off the machine.

Hi Everyone!

The doctor did say I am doing great on the weight loss and to make sure I exercise at least 3-4 times a week. I know I shouldn’t be I keep weighing myself every morning and today I was pleasantly surprised with 1.5 pound loss since yesterday… so now I am 31 pounds down from pre-op!!!!

I also have to share that I am in a size 18 pants!!!!!!!!!!! I was a size 22. I found a women’s charity that will pick up items/cloths every 2 months so I am happy to donate my size 22s tomorrow when they stop by.

Let’s keep up the great process we have so far… one day at a time.

Moni

weight.png

Congratulations on your recent fill! And I'm so happy for your size 18's!!! I'm on my way there, but not there yet!

Great Job and keep up the awesome progress!

Lots of entries to read today!! I will be ordering some of these books tonight. Glad someone else can feel their port, it is still tender. I have only been walking so far, there is no way I could do sit ups or crunches with the port area being so tender still. Mine is on the left side.

I had my first incidence of the dreaded "vomiting" today! I made salmon and some veggies and kinda forgot and didn't chew it very well. So I know there is some restriction, even though I have not had a fill. I hope I can get off my CPAP soon, I still don't sleep well anyway. I have been back at work for 8 days and am still dragging around. Take long naps on my days off. But I am still walking on the treadmill cause it does not matter if I work out or not, it does not affect how tired I am, so I might as well do it, huh? Kitty got on the treadmill today when it was turned on- so funny, watching him fall off the back!! he he.

Thanks for everyone's entries- it really does help to see we all have some of the same problems, and some new ones- and we can discuss them with each other.

Lots of entries to read today!! I will be ordering some of these books tonight. Glad someone else can feel their port, it is still tender. I have only been walking so far, there is no way I could do sit ups or crunches with the port area being so tender still. Mine is on the left side.

I had my first incidence of the dreaded "vomiting" today! I made salmon and some veggies and kinda forgot and didn't chew it very well. So I know there is some restriction, even though I have not had a fill. I hope I can get off my CPAP soon, I still don't sleep well anyway. I have been back at work for 8 days and am still dragging around. Take long naps on my days off. But I am still walking on the treadmill cause it does not matter if I work out or not, it does not affect how tired I am, so I might as well do it, huh? Kitty got on the treadmill today when it was turned on- so funny, watching him fall off the back!! he he.

Thanks for everyone's entries- it really does help to see we all have some of the same problems, and some new ones- and we can discuss them with each other.

Hi there

I'm so impressed that you are activating your lifestyle ... the thing that I really battle to keep up :w00t: You are doing so well and you're going to reap the benefits with your weight loss so keep going.

:unsure: I felt concerned about you being so tired - are you getting to sleep before 10pm? The best, most healing and stengthening sleep period is between 10pm and 3 am. Also, are you on Vitamins - mine are really helping me feel clear headed though the energy does flag toward afternoons. High blood pressure can also make you feel exhausted - trust me I know this one:eek: but thankfully it's sorted. I'm not sure when you were banded but I'm coming up to the 6 week mark next Tuesday and am only now starting to feel the tiredness lessening. Our bodies have taken a huge knock. Hope there is something in all this that helps you to identify the root of your tiredness. Be tender to yourself :thumbup:

Well, I'm down 38lbs since starting pre-op diet on Sept. 2nd (banded on 9/13). It feels so good. I had my first fill on Monday and have to say I don't feel much different, but then I have only eaten the recommended portions and haven't had any problems. Thank goodness! I did have a seroma when my surgeon went to fill the port. It drained and no other issues. I wasn't expecting that for sure. I've since looked it up and found it is not that uunusual. For those who don't know (like me) it is a build up of Fluid around the port. Mine was only a few cc's so not something I would have noticed.

I, like many, didn't tell anyone but my husband and daughter, before the surgery. Now that it's done and I am on this interesting journey I have told more people than I ever thought I would. I think I had to get comfortable with the fact that I needed this help to do this. Hard to admit that I couldn't do it on my own. Now that I have accepted that fact I have really been able to move on and not feel guilty anymore.

I started working with a personal trainer this week. Can I just ask where in the world those muscles came from. Did you know you have muscles in your upper back that apparently need exercising? LOL I never knew I could feel good about exercise. Everyone have a great weekend!

Hi there

I'm so impressed that you are activating your lifestyle ... the thing that I really battle to keep up :) You are doing so well and you're going to reap the benefits with your weight loss so keep going.

:sleep: I felt concerned about you being so tired - are you getting to sleep before 10pm? The best, most healing and stengthening sleep period is between 10pm and 3 am. Also, are you on Vitamins - mine are really helping me feel clear headed though the energy does flag toward afternoons. High blood pressure can also make you feel exhausted - trust me I know this one:eek: but thankfully it's sorted. I'm not sure when you were banded but I'm coming up to the 6 week mark next Tuesday and am only now starting to feel the tiredness lessening. Our bodies have taken a huge knock. Hope there is something in all this that helps you to identify the root of your tiredness. Be tender to yourself :thumbup:

Hi thanks for the good thoughts. Unfortunately this entire year I have been working the 3pm- midniight shift and find it difficut to sleep when I get home. I toss and turn all night. I get up around 0930 and work out, by the time I get showered and hair dry and make my lunch it's time to go to work. Not much time for any relaxation at all. I am coming up to my 6th week as well tomorrow! Maybe it will only get better from here. I have to think of something to reward myself for all my hard work- besides food. My sorority wants to go on a cruise next Aug. I am debating, but it will be expensive, but this year has been plagued with health issues and recovery. If I don't start getting untired by New Years, i will definitely get checked out. My next Doc appt is on Nov 2, I hope my port is less tender by then. I want to start with a trainer too, but I am having trouble even bending over, because it still hurts. I hope the band has not slipped. Will let ya know.

Well, I'm down 38lbs since starting pre-op diet on Sept. 2nd (banded on 9/13). It feels so good. I had my first fill on Monday and have to say I don't feel much different, but then I have only eaten the recommended portions and haven't had any problems. Thank goodness! I did have a seroma when my surgeon went to fill the port. It drained and no other issues. I wasn't expecting that for sure. I've since looked it up and found it is not that uunusual. For those who don't know (like me) it is a build up of Fluid around the port. Mine was only a few cc's so not something I would have noticed.

I, like many, didn't tell anyone but my husband and daughter, before the surgery. Now that it's done and I am on this interesting journey I have told more people than I ever thought I would. I think I had to get comfortable with the fact that I needed this help to do this. Hard to admit that I couldn't do it on my own. Now that I have accepted that fact I have really been able to move on and not feel guilty anymore.

I started working with a personal trainer this week. Can I just ask where in the world those muscles came from. Did you know you have muscles in your upper back that apparently need exercising? LOL I never knew I could feel good about exercise. Everyone have a great weekend!

I applaud you for being brave to tell others. I am afraid to, because what if I want to try a piece of that Christmas cake (I am not anticpating wanting to do that...but) then certain people will berate me in front of others. I am excited that you are working with a trainer. Can't wait till I am healed enough to do so. We have a training facility at work, and I could work out before work. Let us know how it goes, and how many muscles you didn't know you had are not sore. he he...

Post WLS, my stomach growling/gurgling seems to be more intense. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Post WLS, my stomach growling/gurgling seems to be more intense. Is anyone else experiencing this?

yes it happens to me too....I'm not sure why i'm just happy that it takes less food to quiet it down :)

Hi everyone,

I will be going in for my first fill on Saturday. I am looking forward to it because I feel hungry more than I did. I have nothing in right now, but have lost 15 lbs since surgery. I have not lost any in the past 2 weeks though. I am hoping the fill will restrict me and allow me to see some weight loss. 6 weeks in and ready to get this thing really going. I want to look good for a cruise next year!

I do feel my port. It is too close to my ribs I think because I really feel it when I am sitting down, almost like my ribs are pushing on it. I don't want to go through the trouble of having it moved because I can remember the pain the frist time. The buring and the pulling were terrible. I was told that I experienced this because my Dr. sewed the port to the abd muscles. Other doctors told me the no longer do that, but use mesh to keep it in place because it it is less painful for the patient.

I do have a question....has anyone else experienced a numb belly? The surface of the lower right side of my stomach is very numb. I can't feel it. Been that way since surgery. Thought it would get better, but not yet. anyone else experience this?

Enough rambling on....I am proud of all the progress I see here, it gives me hope!

Hmm it's possible I have some numbing there, it does feel a bit different. Glad I don't touch there very often!!:) Yea I feel my port when sitting, and certain pants really press on it, and I cannot wear them. So right now I am wearing baggy pants. I think some of us gained a pound or two around the two week mark, but then it started going down again. I am saving up for a cruise too, to Canada, with my sorority in Aug. Neat!!

Last night my credit card number was stolen and I spent three hours getting that straightened out. But it did not stress me out to overeat, I ate my regular meal. I think I am getting that willpower. Yeah!

Hi All !

Sorry I have been gone / not posting for 2 weeks... I have been hard at work / working 7 days and doing some 12 to 13.5 hour days at work. I worked 24 of the 48 hours of Tuesday & Wednesday. Kinda hard to imagine I sent half my day at work / didn't really see sunlight for 2 days.

I am doing well / pretty good. I had my first fill on Friday and it was painless / interesting. I got 4cc's put into my REALIZE Band. So far so good. I would like to say everything is going 100% gangbusters BUT that isn't reality. I have had a few slips / lapses into insanity - my previous self destructive attitude toward food. I did eat some bad foods and in amounts I shouldn't. My Band did stop me in a few occasions and didn't in a few. I have had some Band Instant Reality checks in one case I ate a steak sandwich at work - the steak went down ok but the hard bread stopped me cold and after 3 bites I threw up and threw it away. I had the same thing happen last week with an omelet - 3 bites and I just didn't want it anymore / I felt sick. Tonight I went to dinner with a special friend and I had a healthy fish entree but after 4 bites I was done ... at which point I should have stopped but I didn't so on the seventh bite I had to go to the restroom and throw it up. I guess the Band is trying to keep me sane / re-adjust my bad attitude with food.

Overall I am still pretty good... I am close to 30 lbs lost. I should work out more / walk but I also walk 8-12 hours a day at my job and go 8-10 hours without a break or food too. But I know I could do better.

I have gotten a few nice comments from people like " you look like you lost weight " or " I can tell you lost weight... your face looks thinner " ( I wonder did I have a Fat Head before ??? ). Anyway I am doing pretty good. I hope all of you other September Bandsters are going great !!! I will be back soon / back to normal here soon.

-Brian :blushing:

I wonder how BrianLA is doing? we've lost him to the movie industry. And Cathy too? hope all is well with everyone.

Hi Monica & Lisa !!!

I am doing fine / I hope you are both doing well. :blushing:

-Brian

Hi All !

Sorry I have been gone / not posting for 2 weeks... I have been hard at work / working 7 days and doing some 12 to 13.5 hour days at work. I worked 24 of the 48 hours of Tuesday & Wednesday. Kinda hard to imagine I sent half my day at work / didn't really see sunlight for 2 days.

I am doing well / pretty good. I had my first fill on Friday and it was painless / interesting. I got 4cc's put into my REALIZE Band. So far so good. I would like to say everything is going 100% gangbusters BUT that isn't reality. I have had a few slips / lapses into insanity - my previous self destructive attitude toward food. I did eat some bad foods and in amounts I shouldn't. My Band did stop me in a few occasions and didn't in a few. I have had some Band Instant Reality checks in one case I ate a steak sandwich at work - the steak went down ok but the hard bread stopped me cold and after 3 bites I threw up and threw it away. I had the same thing happen last week with an omelet - 3 bites and I just didn't want it anymore / I felt sick. Tonight I went to dinner with a special friend and I had a healthy fish entree but after 4 bites I was done ... at which point I should have stopped but I didn't so on the seventh bite I had to go to the restroom and throw it up. I guess the Band is trying to keep me sane / re-adjust my bad attitude with food.

Overall I am still pretty good... I am close to 30 lbs lost. I should work out more / walk but I also walk 8-12 hours a day at my job and go 8-10 hours without a break or food too. But I know I could do better.

I have gotten a few nice comments from people like " you look like you lost weight " or " I can tell you lost weight... your face looks thinner " ( I wonder did I have a Fat Head before ??? ). Anyway I am doing pretty good. I hope all of you other September Bandsters are going great !!! I will be back soon / back to normal here soon.

-Brian :wub:

Hi everyone and welcome back Brian!:smile2:

We missed you being around as our thread starter. I really love your honesty about your journey!!!! It keeps things real about our food addiction and the challenge of eating soooo much less so I totally related and could see myself making those precise mistakes. If and when I do I'll remember that others (Brian) have gone before me, learnt the lesson and moved on. Exciting about your big weight loss - I feel hopeful as I've been on a plateau for 2 weeks since eating normally - not surprised though :blushing:

So, thanks for the detailed info as I'm going for my first fill tomorrow morning and am feeling a tad nervous:sad:. I am so pleased the band is doing it's work when you overeat which we ALL do except we keep it and add on the pounds prior to having restriction. I'm so looking forward to having the band to help me keep my portions down - had a bad weekend of going over the limits as I'm FEELING no limits at all except the mental one yelling at me to stop :eek: which I partially managed - it's the grazing that gets me!!!!! I have to really work hard at that problem:glare:.

Hoping all you September bandsters are winning and that you have a great week - stay connected! Hoping 1 year from now we will all be so delighted at our new selves!

DES/BUNNY

Hi everyone! well i was banded on 09/14/10, so far things are going good. im down 36lbs and almost 2 dress sizes! People are starting to comment, so of course that is a confidence booster to say the least. well this past thursday i got my first fill. I was more nervous for that then surgery, but it went good, had to get poked 2 times because i was to full. ended up getting about 2ccs this fill. Had trouble the first nite, thought was still to full, but friday woke up and felt great. I notice a difference, im actually feeling satisfied on 3-4oz's of food instead of 5-6 i was eating before the fill. I have been walking everyday but today im starting back at the gym and doing some weight training. hopefully will boost some weight loss and muscle toning. well hope everyone is doing great!:huh2: