Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Danielle, it is good to vent once in awhile! I am 2 weeks out and I notice that my restriction is getting less and less. My first fill is not until November 2, so I am with you trying to make it until then. Stay strong and keep exercising. We will make it!

Hi! I to was banded on 9-10-10. I got my first fill today! Its not bad at all! I can still drink and eat fine. Just not as hungry as often! Its wonderful! Don't worry! :thumbup:

Hi Lilkrazykat !

So how was it ? Getting filled ? Did they use the Flouroscope / X-ray or just poke around ?

I get my first fill in a couple of weeks.

-Brian :thumbup:

Brian--Glad you had a good first day back to work. I too returned to work yesterday. I only took off for a week and a half, but it was really hard going back. I am still very weak and tired. So I worked about 7 hours and left early. I am also a "boss" and had a ton of stuff thrown at me. I handled it all, but boy, was I pooped!!! Anyway, glad we're back to work and getting back into normal life.

Hi Kat !

Yeah believe it or not it is nice to be back to work. Strange as it sounds I actually started to miss it. Although it was nice to actually be a bum for almost a month... I have NEVER taken more then 2 weeks of being a bum before I start getting restless and bored. Of course when I am a bum I am a total and complete bum !!! And when I work I work like a machine.

I hope your job is going smoothly and you have made a good transition back to work / that you are feeling better & back to normal.

I had found a Klondike bar in the freezer, and I threw it out. And when I got to work there was birthday cake and ice cream. I pulled out my egg beaters and cheese and didn't really think about it. I was extremely hungry all night however, but hung in there. When I got home, I was starving. In the past I would eat whatever I could find. This time though I ate a cottage cheese and had a Protein Drink. I fell asleep on the couch, woke up around 0330 and then went to bed. Two people had noticed I lost weight.

I am kinda bummed though, as my doctor's office never signed any of the paperwork for my disability claim, and it's about to be denied. So no pay for three weeks. They never even signed my work release form to go back to work yesterday. But I think it was worth it.

Hi MissJoany !

Great Job toughing it out ! That is awesome you threw out the Klondike Bar... I also did a job " Sanitizing " my home of all bad food. It is a lot easier when the temptation isn't there.

As for your Doctor... do you still have time to fill out the Disability forms and turn them in ? I already got my first check and hopefully will get my second check soon. I am lucky in that I get the maximum amount available but I did lose the first week as a waiting period.

Hopefully All is well and I wish you the best.

Hey everybody! Brian, Joany, SourMissG, scarred4life,etc. great to see you here.

So I'm almost at my 2 week mark and I'm still feeling tired and sore alot. I just started back to work yesterday and feel just worn completely out by the time I get done. Even at a desk job, 8 hours is sooo much for me right now! I just want a nap,lol! :wink2:

Glad everybody is progressing through their meal plans well. I can't wait until I'm onto the mushie stage starting Thursday! If I have to have one more Protein drink I think I'll hurl. :w00t: :thumbup: What are some of your favorite mushy foods? I know cottage cheese, applesauce, ricotta, but need more ideas. I have to do that for two solid weeks but hey at least its better than the liquids I've done for the last two weeks:thumbup:.

Anyway, really just wanted to say hey and tell you all I'm doing good. I so enjoy reading all your stories and hearing all your wisdom. Thanks a bunch!!

Hi Sarah !

Long time no read ! I am glad you are doing well. On my mushy stage, my doctor allows anything I can mush up on the roof of my mouth, he also allows soft flakey fish. So far so good. Are you basically back to normal ? I hope you are doing well.

WannaBeHealthy....I posted something similar 2 weeks ago...after much trial and error...ie:gagging and whining....I now get all the pills in a shot glass, mix them with Water, like 1/3 way up the shot glass and let them sit...and sit....and sit...until they are all a chalk like texture...i then get a sugar free popcicle ready...i shoot the pill water, cringe just a little, and suck on the popcicle which gets rid of the bitterness.....quite the process I know, but it works....good luck..:thumbup:

Hi Cicigirl !

Wow thats pretty ingenious ! I also have a to take a couple of pills ( Metromin - I am Diabetic ) but luckily for me I am actually able to swallow all my pills no problem. I don't know how it will be once I get a fill but for now, I am able to.

I get my first fill on October 19th as well. I know what you mean, I know I could eat ANYTHING at this point because everything goes down so easy. I have yet to feel full. I hear about people getting stuffed with two tablespoons of food? ?

I am going to sheer willpower and determination to eat within my restrictions but I'm telling you what - I am constantly hungry. It is not the "oh - I'm bored, I want to eat something", it's the stomach growling so loud everyone in the room hears it kinda hungry!!

I know we will probably both be in for a shock when we get our first fills - it surely will put the brakes on our eating!!

wow today I started Protein Shakes, can not believe it. I hope it keeps the hunger away longer, at least I'm getting more Protein which should help, and more calories. I broke out my juicer so I can have some veggies too.

So yes I'm dying to hear about the "mushie" or soft food phase. Is fish considered a soft food? cream of wheat? my mind is racing. very much wondering what is after the pureed stage. For some reason I didn't get info on this, but I'm afraid to jump right into chicken.< /p>

Lisa-

I put my food stage progression up on my blog here if you want to see: Big Fat Professor: A Little Over a Week In. . .

It might not be the exact progression you are on, but it's an idea.

I am in soft foods right now and I am eating chicken (canned) in a wet chicken salad. I did put it in my food processor just to be sure I would be able to tolerate it but it is so nice getting Protein the old fashioned way :thumbup:

Ok all, I just found some low cal cream Soup recipes I thought I'd share, probably most of you are past this stage but I'm really dreaming about it beginning this weekend.

Creamy cheese soup

1 1/2 cup fat free skim milk

7 oz low fat cheear or colby cheese about 1 3/4 cups

1 tsp paprika

1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste

1/8 tsp salt

2 tsp olive oil

1/2 cup yellow onion chopped (I left this out and had no taste complaints)

3 tbs all purpose flour

2 cup fat free chicken broth (the low sodium stuff is great too, watch that salt intake)

Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat,add onion (if u want) cook until soft. Add flour and stir to coat.

Add chicken broth bring to boil stirring frequently. Reduce heat to meduim and simmer until soup thickens about 1-2 minutes. Add milk and return to

boil stirring constantly.

Working in batches puree soup in a blender until smooth. (Be very careful...probably let it cool had troubles with this part first time I made it haha

NOT pretty) Reheat soup til a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in the cheese stir until melted, if cheese never melts heat until it does so. Season

to taste with salt and pepper.

Use paprika as a garnish!

reamy Potato Soup

12 oz fat free evaporated milk

1/3 tsp dried parsley

1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

1/8 tsp salt, or to taste

2 tsp olive oil

1/3 tsp chives, dried

3 medium garlic cloves minced

2 medium leeks, washed and coursely chopped (I can rearely find these and leaving them out doesn't sacrifice flavor)

4 cup canned chicken broth (low fat and reduced sodium great!)

4 medium Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1/3 tsp tarragon

Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add leeks and garlic saute until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Add dried herbs and stir to coat,

cook until herbs are fragrant, about 1 minute.

Add potatoes and broth and bring mixture to a boil. reduce heat to medium low, partially cover and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 10 minutes.

Puree 4 cups of potato mixture in a bleder or food processor until smooth. Return puree to pot, add evaporated milk and cook 1 minute to heat through.

Season to taste with salt and pepper

Creamy Thai Carrot Soup

6 oz low fat-tofu, silken variety

1 1/2 tsp thai curry paste, red variety or curry powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp mint leaves, fresh, cut into slivers

1 medium garlic cloves peeled

2 tsp ginger root, freshly grated

1/2 cup onion chopped

1 pound baby carrots

2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth

In a medium saucepan, bring broth, carrots, onion, garlic and ginger to a boil over medium high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20

minutes, until carrots are tender. Stir in curry paste and salt, simmer 1 minute to blend flavors. Remove from heat and cool slightly.

Add tofu to saucepan and puree in pot using an immersion blender (or in a blender in batches) until smooth. Stir in mint and serve.

Ok anyone interested, some of us have been talking about an exercise support group type thing to encourage each other.

Today I started a new thread in health and fitness called

Work out support thread, September Sweetie and Stud.

of course anyone is welcome. Come on over if interested for some exercise talk support.

Lisa

I have to catch up on my reading, but I wondered if anyone else was having this problem. My incision looks good, does look like it is healing, but it is really pulling and is painful. I am hoping its just the scabbing up of the incision? Has anyone else had this problem??

Made it through day three at work, and the gang getting Smithfield barbecue and bringing in cupcakes. I want to thank whoever told me about nuking Egg Beaters cause they have been a lifesaver!!

Ok anyone interested, some of us have been talking about an exercise support group type thing to encourage each other.

Today I started a new thread in health and fitness called

Work out support thread, September Sweetie and Stud.

of course anyone is welcome. Come on over if interested for some exercise talk support.

Lisa

Be there later today!

Hey girlie, sounds like your sutures are pulling. Mine did that, and now, I'm 6 wks post op and they finally about a week ago stopped pulling. Once they dissolve, you won't get that feeling anymore. You're not having any redness or streaking around the incisions are you? That would be signs of infection....

I have to catch up on my reading, but I wondered if anyone else was having this problem. My incision looks good, does look like it is healing, but it is really pulling and is painful. I am hoping its just the scabbing up of the incision? Has anyone else had this problem??

Made it through day three at work, and the gang getting Smithfield barbecue and bringing in cupcakes. I want to thank whoever told me about nuking Egg Beaters cause they have been a lifesaver!!

This week I get to add soft veggies, fish, and chicken or tuna salad into my diet so I'm super excited about that. I feel like I can go back to low carbing it. In spite of the lack of fill, I'm doing really well with my eating and I know I can do another two weeks, especially now that I get to eat some real food! I can't decide if I want spaghetti squash with marinara or fish and zucchini tonight. I also bought an eggplant to make baked eggplant with feta cheese.< /p>

Doctor's scale has me down 15 lbs since surgery date, which matches my home scale, so that's pretty awesome! Can't really complain.

StateofZen---Sorry to had to push back your first fill. That's depressing when you've expected it. And, I'm so glad you can begin low-carbing again. I finally started on the soft foods meal plan yesterday, which I will follow for another 8 weeks. So I too feel more comfortable about the low carb regime. Congrats on the 15 lbs! That's freakin' awesome!!!! I've followed my meal plans and dr's orders to the T, and I've only lost about 3 lbs since surgery!