Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Hi OCButterfly !

12 hour days ??? Wow I thought I worked a lot. That is standard ? Where do you work ? I work in the Motion Picture Industry and yes I do have the occasional 12 hour to 13.5 hour day and I do sometimes have to work weekends and I have actually worked every day for 6-8 weeks at a time ( and made a helluva a lot of Money !!! ).

As for LET ME IN... I was thinking about seeing it. I saw the original Swedish film LET THE RIGHT ONE IN and I saw that Rolling Stone gave LET ME IN a good review. Hmmm maybe I might just go see the Facebook movie :smile2:.

-Brian :thumbup:

Hi Brian,

no need to feel sorry, the people I left behind were not friends, just "people" around me. Coworkers, and others, and it did not have so much to do with me getting banded. More a clean up of my personal life; guess the banding just "brought" it on. Being home, having more time to think.... so it was and is a good thing. I want supportive people around me, people with a true heart and honest people! No time for fakeness! I enjoy the forum.... feel we all banded with the banding experience! :)

Hi Butterfly2010 !

Yeah I think I am starting to feel a little like you . Tonight I went to dinner w/ my special Friend and I am thinking SHE AIN'T THAT SPECIAL ANYMORE !!! She did say " wow ! you are losing a lot of weight " which gave me a smile but I think our relationship is a little ... actually A LOT too one sided on her favor. I just don't think I am getting anything out of it compared to what I do / put into it.... I actually feel a little used now. She is sweet, she is stunningly beautiful, etc etc all an ex-model / actress yada yada whatever. I am thinking I need to move on. :smile2:

such is life. :thumbup:

-Brian :mellow:

Brian..thank you!! it works!

Hi everyone, I am 2 days post op today, still pretty miserable. Just real sore and shoulder pain is awful. I feel like I am doing pretty well otherwise. No appetite at all but I have been drinking fluids and broth. I ate some sugar free Jello too. It is really great reading about everyone's experiences!

Hi Laura !

Don't worry it DEFINITELY gets Better. It is only a few days of pain that will go away and you will be on a road to a better life.

As for sugar free Jello, My Doctor doesn't recommend it for the first month as he says a gob of it can sit in your stomach. I HIGHLY recommend the sugar free popsickles like Dreyers No Sugar Added fruit Bars. They are awesome.

As for the Gas Pain - WALK ! It equalizes you up and helps you to expel the gas. And if needed try GAS-X Dis-solvable strips. They supposedly help too.

-Brian :smile2:

Do you worry about these things? Are you on regular food yet? Thus far on the mushy stage I have been doing great and eating well but not too much. I actually feel great! I hope this lasts. Maxi

Hi Maxi !!!

No I don't really worry so much about food because I have already felt Restriction a few times, I have thrown up twice and I have felt ' stuck ' a few times already too. It wasn't too bad and it just reinforces that I did the right thing because the Band is keeping me honest.

I am not really on ' Real Food ' yet but I am slowly inches there. Most days I am still basically liquid / very soft or mushies BUT in the last few days I have started some real food. My Dr. allows soft fish and eggs in the mushy stage so the last few times I have gone out to a restaurant I have ordered eggs / omelettes and fish entres. I was NEVER a fish person but I am actually enjoying fish A LOT. Tonight I had a really nice and tasty Grouper ( sp ? ) which was one of the Chefs Specials. I ate half and took the rest home. I was totally full which is a new experience for me. I am not scheduled for a fill until October 24 or something near there too. I think I will ask to get it tighter.

Hi Des !

Well I am just continuing on our big Sept 2010 Bandster Support Group from the Pre-Op Forum. Thanks for the complement. As for eating out... hopefully it will be uneventful and a lot more pleasant then I have had. :thumbup::scared2::mellow: I guess it is all a learning experience for all of us as we continue our new Bandster Life ! I hope you are doing well and feeling well too.

Hi there Brian. I am feeling exceptionally well and enjoying the pureed food after the liquid diet. My BIG WORRY is that I think I'm eating too much! The 'baby food' jar sized portion just doesn't nearly satisfy so find myself going for seconds an hour later. I'm pretty good with the type of food - fat free veg Soup, low fat smoothies. I feel like I'm in a no mans land pre first fill and my body isn't talking to me about having enough. Do you experience this????

Hi there Brian. I am feeling exceptionally well and enjoying the pureed food after the liquid diet. My BIG WORRY is that I think I'm eating too much! The 'baby food' jar sized portion just doesn't nearly satisfy so find myself going for seconds an hour later. I'm pretty good with the type of food - fat free veg Soup, low fat smoothies. I feel like I'm in a no mans land pre first fill and my body isn't talking to me about having enough. Do you experience this????

Hi Des !

No so far so good. Although I do feel I am over-doing the sugar free Popsickles... I think I am addicted :thumbup:. Right now I am mostly doing Soups and liquid still. I do some regular food but only a little. I tried to eat a tuna fish sandwich on wheat bread yesterday and finished 1/3 before I felt restricted and then I just gave up and threw it in the trash bin. I was craving it, gave in and then gave up ! In the past I would have eaten 2 sandwiches.

Hi, I am also a member of the September group!! Banded 9/29/2010. Realize Band. Didn't know it was REalize until I got a letter in the mail.

So far so good. Looking forward to the other side.

I am sitting on my first plateau.:smile2: The scale has not moved in days.

Any suggestions?

Hi Des !

No so far so good. Although I do feel I am over-doing the sugar free Popsickles... I think I am addicted :thumbup:. Right now I am mostly doing Soups and liquid still. I do some regular food but only a little. I tried to eat a tuna fish sandwich on wheat bread yesterday and finished 1/3 before I felt restricted and then I just gave up and threw it in the trash bin. I was craving it, gave in and then gave up ! In the past I would have eaten 2 sandwiches.

Thanks Brian. That's what I want... to have a few bites and just can't face any more! How many oz of Soup are you having per serving/meal? So good to hear that you threw that sandwich away... wow and congratulations! You must have felt so empowered and encouraged. Taming our appetites/overeating impulses feels to me to be like taming a lion. When you manage it it's fantastic. That would have been a huge thing for me too though forbidden to touch the stuff at this point. I'm terrified of the band slipping! Thanks for responding and hope your week is full of successes. ps We don't get those wonderful ice lollies in South Africa. : (

I am sitting on my first plateau.:smile2: The scale has not moved in days.

Any suggestions?

Same happened to me in the 1st week.... hang in there, your body knows what it's doing. You will have a sudden drop one morning and stand amazed!

Hi Butterfly2010 !

Yeah I think I am starting to feel a little like you . Tonight I went to dinner w/ my special Friend and I am thinking SHE AIN'T THAT SPECIAL ANYMORE !!! She did say " wow ! you are losing a lot of weight " which gave me a smile but I think our relationship is a little ... actually A LOT too one sided on her favor. I just don't think I am getting anything out of it compared to what I do / put into it.... I actually feel a little used now. She is sweet, she is stunningly beautiful, etc etc all an ex-model / actress yada yada whatever. I am thinking I need to move on. :thumbup:

such is life. :mellow:

-Brian :)

Hi Brian:

listen to your heart! :smile2:

I ended a relationship a few days after I was banded and as hard as it is at times I know it was the right thing to do. I need a partner that will walks mostly beside me, sometimes behind me, sometimes in front of me.... but if I am the one constantly pulling and guiding and making "it work"....something is not right for me.... anyways, YOU know what is best for you. And you have all of us September ladies to keep you company until you find "the special one"..... Have a great Sunday!

Hi Maxi !!!

No I don't really worry so much about food because I have already felt Restriction a few times, I have thrown up twice and I have felt ' stuck ' a few times already too. It wasn't too bad and it just reinforces that I did the right thing because the Band is keeping me honest.

I am not really on ' Real food ' yet but I am slowly inches there. Most days I am still basically liquid / very soft or mushies BUT in the last few days I have started some real food. My Dr. allows soft fish and eggs in the mushy stage so the last few times I have gone out to a restaurant I have ordered eggs / omelettes and fish entres. I was NEVER a fish person but I am actually enjoying fish A LOT. Tonight I had a really nice and tasty Grouper ( sp ? ) which was one of the Chefs Specials. I ate half and took the rest home. I was totally full which is a new experience for me. I am not scheduled for a fill until October 24 or something near there too. I think I will ask to get it tighter.

Thanks for the hints, Brian. I have eaten some Tilapa. It's already cooked and frozen, I just heat it up in the microwave. It was great. I was worried about my luncheon on 10/16- the day after my first fill, so will order fish or eggs and eat really slowly.

I have been exceptionally hungry. My next visit (and I hope my first fill is on 10/15). I have been eating cottage cheese to fill me up, and a high Protein Isopure drink. I wait 30 mins to drink something (and that has been really difficult) then find my appetite has gone down somewhat. If I am hungry again in two hours, then I will have a Protein Drink or cottage cheese. I started counting calories and am averaging 1200-1400. The worse part is at night, I have been waking up STARVING. But last night I took a carton of cottage cheese to bed, and had a few spoonfuls before I laid down, woke up several hours later, and had a few more spoonfuls. This is the first morning I have not woken up so hungry I was sick.

Hi everyone. I was banded on September 23. Down 12 lbs so far. I just started stage 3 or pureed foods but still have to make the Protein shakes my priority intake. Can only have one or two pureed foods including applesauce, pudding a day. I am starving but hanging in there. How do others deal with being hungry?:smile2:

I'm glad someone else is feeling the hungries too!! I contacted my dietician, and she said a Protein snack of 15 G protein is ok, if you are really hungry. I find cottage cheese pretty filling, and egg beaters nuked in the microwave. Drinking lots of Crystal Light does help as well. I found a Klondike bar in the back of my freezer. So far it is just sitting there. That will be my test. I think I should throw it away.