Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I find the time?

I seriously don't have time to exercise...I own my own business and work 12 hrs a day many days. I also have a 4 year old that you know...needs to be fed, bathed, spent time with, and so on. The only exercise I really like is swimming and I don't have any time for it!!! I know that my weight loss would be so much more if I exercised! Aghhh!

Many gyms have day care (though you have to pay for it). My gym also opens at 4:30 in the morning and closes at 10:00 PM. You will need to check around to see what kind of options you have.

Well, you have to find that work/life balance and you have to get darn selfish.

I have 3 kids, i study and I work full time. I know what you mean about time, but I realised I had to find an activity that was time efficient. Swimming really isnt for me - since i cant go out in public with my hair dried naturally, lol, I have the most hideous hair that dries fluffy, frizzy, half curly and with cowlicks all over the place, you get the picture. Drive to and from the pool, get changed, bah, it takes way too much time.

I took up running four years ago knowing I was going back to full time work and that some days I may only have half an hour to exercise. You can burn serious calories in half an hour running. I came to love it, really love it, but that wasnt really why I started it. I also have a treadmill so if that half hour comes at 10 at night, I can still exercise. I set myself up specifically with that aim in mind.

And if it comes to 10 pm and I'm stuffed and just want to veg out in front of the telly, I run on the treadmill anyway.

As it is most days I find forty five minutes to invigorate myself outdoors. My kids are old enough for me to leave now if DH isnt at home. I ran with my daughter in a jogger stroller (that was HARD work) for a year or two. I just did what I had to and really, as much as people want the secret, that's all it is, dedication and determination.

I have a serious time crunch too. I have 2 kids, work full-time, volunteer and my husband is in school full time. My kids have a lot of activities and depending on my husband's schedule, I'm doing a lot of running around after work to get them there.

I've started getting up at 4:45 am and getting to the gym by 5:00 am. That way I can get in almost 90 minutes before I have to shower and get ready for work. If my husband has to leave home by 6 or so, I can at least get in 30 minutes before I come home again. Sometimes in the evening I'll also play games with the kids that involve a lot of movement. That helps too.

It is definitely hard to keep getting up early. My goal is to get to the gym at least 4x a week and do other activities the other days. I also try to walk for at least 30 minutes at work every day. Most days I can squeeze that in, of course, there are those really ugly days when I can barely walk to the bathroom because I'm so busy.