Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a Pick Me Up! Struggling in Bndstr Hell!

Iv been banded for almost 2 months,Iv had one fill so far and lost close to 30lbs but Iv been in bandster hell for almost a month now and have just been flunctuating 3lbs for that month, up and down up and down!! I barley have any restriction and got no more with my first fill..I have a total of 4'ccs in my band right now. I was doing really well with limiting my portions but for the past few weeks its been so hard, iv been eating more because Im so hungry and at times I literally feel famished! more hungry now than before my fill! I did join the gym last week and been taking body pump classes a couple times a week and walking on the off days. I have been feeling like I dont even have the band the right now. I did call the doctor and they moved my 2nd fill up a couple weeks to Oct. 5th (they only do it every 6 weeks usually) so I am really happy about that but I a week in this bandster hell feels like a month! I feel like Im wasting so much time and so frustrated I dont have restriction. I want to know who has gone through this, how you made it through and when you really started losing weight?? I need to know that this is normal and that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and that I will start losing! I know Iv f so it full force, its just so hard to do it by myself without the band!!

I went for 2 weeks and lost nothing too...but I keep telling myself look where I have come from. It took a lot of years to get here and this is not magic..keep plugging away!!!

I am 5 weeks post op and have lost 12lbs and that was during the 1st 2 weeks and nothing the past 3 weeks...I have a 4cc band with 1.5cc prefilled during surgery and am waiting for my first fill come october....I hope it helps...Good luck!

Im in the same boat. Remember its a slow process. I was banded on July 19 and have lost 23 lbs. I had my 1st fill on Aug 31st have a total of 6cc & still no restriction but I expected that. I have lost 1lb a wk since my fill. I just take it day by day. It is a daily struggle. Im hungry, dont get full but Im happy wth what I lost and know soon enough the weight will start to come off. To top things off I injured my back so have not exercised in 5 days. went from walking 10 miles a day to "0" NOT GOOD!!! Im starting to take steroids tomorrow & know Im going to gain weight but Ive accepted that we will come across hurdles in our lifetime we just have to do our best and develope healthy lifestyle. I did not do a pre-op diet either. Think about it. You have lost 30lbs in less than 2 mths. They want you to lose on average 2lbs a week so your doing a FANTASTIC job. Dont get frustrated. Focus on all the positive things that have come out of this already and stay focused on the new healthy habits you are learning for a healthy lifestyle change. Wishing you the best of luck and keep us posted. I go for 2nd fill on Thurs & will update. Im curious to see what will happen since I will be on steroids WHICH make make ravenous & getting the fill .

It is so hard at the beginning, when you are genuinely famished. Just stick with your doctor's recommended eating plan the best you can.

It's great that your doctor pushed your fill up for you; mine did the same for my second and third fills, and it made a huge difference for me.

You are doing great! 30 pounds is awsome. It's really hard when you don't have restriction, just know it will come. During my first couple months post-op I thought the band was never going to work. But alas after 3 fills it did. Keep up the good work!

I lost almost nothing before I had restriction -- just gained and lost the same 5 lbs over and over. It took a while to get proper restriction, but when I did there was NO QUESTION about it. The difference is like night and day. In my opinion, until you have restriction, you don't have a band. Until it's got enough saline in it, it just isn't working.

Until then, eat as healthy as possible, exercise, and take it easy on yourself. Things will change. It's frustrating to wait, but it's actually good in a way. This is a drastic life change, and it's been helpful for me to get used to it slowly over time.

All the best to you!

Thanks Everyone!! It does help when your all so positive..I said I would try to change my attitude about bandster hell but sometimes can't help but get into a rut..I will keep pushing along and hopefully my next fill on the 5th will give me some restriction..PLEASE JESUS!! B)

Thanks Everyone!! It does help when your all so positive..I said I would try to change my attitude about bandster hell but sometimes can't help but get into a rut..I will keep pushing along and hopefully my next fill on the 5th will give me some restriction..PLEASE JESUS!! :)

We all do the same. Some days are easier than others. Im going for my 2nd fill tomorrow & praying to get some restriction. Take it 1 day at a time. Keep each other posted.:drool:

Let me know how it goes Isabella!!! Im anxious to see if you have restriction this time.

my doctor's office receptionist screwed up and called today to tell me they won't allow me to move up my fill and they have a policy where I have to wait 6 weeks before my next fill...so they had to push my appointment back again until Oct 19th!! ugh!! Im so frustrated and I thought I was going to get some help next week..now I have to wait another 3 weeks...bummer!!!