Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your Dr. call you after the surgery?

I had a tooth pulled sometime back and the Dentist called me that night to see how I was doing. I had a eye infection and my eye Dr. called one night to see how I was doing. I was banded last Friday and no one called me to see how I was doing. The care while I was in the hospital was excellent and I do have a Dr's appointment (follow up) next week. But it does strike me a little funny that no one has called! Did your Dr. or staff call you to inquire about your surgery and see how you were?

Glad you`re post-op and doing well. I don`t think bariatric surgeons usually call to find out how you`re doing after discharge. Your dentist and doctor are brilliant. I don`t get that aftercare. Although I have to mention that the bariatric nurse who assisted in the op came to see me personally but I think it was mainly for taking me through the post-op process more than checking up on me. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

I'm glad you are doing well.

My dr did call me. He called me that next day then 2 days later. I saw him a week later. The hospital also called me 2 times. I have had excellent after care. My dr even gave me his cell phone # to call him anytime.

Good luck on your journey!

My Dr.'s office called, but the hospital called me twice. I have my surgeon's cell phone also for emergencies.

Cheri

My Dr.'s office called later that afternoon and the next day. The surgery center called the next day.

My son had a simple root canal done and the Dr. called him that night to see how he was.

I received a call 3 days after my surgery from his surgical nurse, checking to see how my incision was, if everything was going ok, etc.

got call from hospital one day after, call from doctor office 2 days after and call from nutritionist 5 days after.

I was wondering about the same question. Nobody has called me either and I am thinking about writing a note to my surgical center to tell them about my feelings on just that. A short personal call goes long waysssssssssssssssss... Sad part: prior to surgery I had 4-5 calls from the hospital going over the same old stuff...

My care at the hospital was also not catered to my needs as a banding patient. The nurse was not even able to tell me how much Protein was in the shake she gave me. I did not get the Fluid intake, they gave me a straw....yikes.... Not trained in bariatric care; nice nurse, but little help...

But I am doing well; will see my surgeon next week. If he asks me about anything I will let him know....:thumbup:

It's funny you ask this, because I was wondering the same thing. When I had my EGD prior to surgery, the surgery center called me the next day to check on me. And for that I was only out for 5 minutes and it was a small test. After my surgery, not one phone call. Not the doctor, not the hospital, nothing. I had an appointment with the doctor 5 days post-op, but this was my first surgery and a lot could have gone wrong in 5 days.

My surgeon, Dr. Brad Watkins, called me in the late afternoon the day of my surgery. I really appreciated it! I believe we spoke for about 5 minutes, and he answered the few questions that I had.

i thought the same thing..no one called me either after my surgery...I thought they really should have. I didnt talk or see anyone until my first wee checkup...I think they should call at least the day after surgery to check in even if its just the office manager or nurse calling....

Nope! Zero follow up from anyone...the doc, the hospital or the worthless "bariatric program." If it hadn't been for the kind souls here I'd have been a complete wreck in the early weeks. Even with my sucess, I still feel like it was an experience more like buying a car than medicine....lots of concern to get you onboard then once the "sale" is made...well you all know how helpful the dealer is when you need warranty repairs :thumbup:.

Mine came and saw me in the hospital and I have his cell number

I Love my Doc !!!