Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how well did your husbands/wife take being at the hospital

my husband was going nuts. he has adhd and omg those poor nurses. on tuesday when i was suppose to be discharged i had my xray at 9 am everything was good but the dr was in surgery until 4pm omg my husband was telling the nurses to get him here we want to go home. what if we walk out. i was embrassed that he was flipping out so much. he is also a soldier so he gets like that.i am sure they were glad when we left lol.

It didn't bother my dh. I've had several surgeries this year and dh was only bothered with one of them. He has ADHD and he smokes. As long he can smoke occasionally he's fine and not wired up. Well I picked a non smoking hospital. You had to walk out to the road and stand on the curb to smoke. He was nuts by the time we left.

The last 2 surgeries I used a hospital that you could smoke at as long as you were outside. He did fine that way.

Mine wasn't around a whole lot--he was home with our son. When he was there, he was fine. But he didn't stay long---basically, he visited briefly after I came out of surgery, and fetched me when I called and told him I was being discharged.

Mine stayed the whole time. He was concerned that it took longer than they originally told him, so he thought something happened, so he didn't move from the waiting room. He came to my room with me and stayed until they threw him out (I had a room mate) and came back at 7 am the next morning to pick me up. Thank God I wasn't there long LOL My poor mom had both our kids the whole time.

My hubby did fine...he was able to sleep in the room with me that night and came and went as he pleased we had a good time over all.

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

My husband was my life line at the hospital..he stayed the entire 32 hours with me and even stayed in the room, even though I had a flippen drama queen filled roommate!!! He helped me up all night, unplugged my lines and leg massagers..the nurses joked that they were going to put him on payroll because he did so much!! I would never of gotten through that experience without him!

hubby stayed with me the entire time. the hosp had free internet so he had his laptop. i stayed the night and he stayed with me. i was worried about him not eating but he went to sonic and got some food and walgreens for Snacks.

We've got kids at home, so DH was there with them, it was only an overnight stay so he didnt visit. He came and got me next morning, and of course I spoke to them all.

Truthfully, I find it quite hilarious that I had to have an operation to get some peace. An overnight stay in hospital, a chance to read my book, bliss! At home I had to act much sicker than I was (I could have gone back to work a day or two after the surgery, truly) so that they'd all leave me alone and do stuff around the house for a bit longer.

Ah, nothing like a spot of elective surgery for a bit of a holiday.

I arrived at the same-day surgery center at 6, was taken back by the nurses (alone) at around 6:30, and was able to see my husband around 10:30 (when I was discharged). They didn't allow family past the waiting room, so he spent the time napping in the car and having a coffee at Starbucks right next door. The whole situation was so quick there was not even any time to get nervous, etc. Same with me...at first I was just so surprised that family wasn't allowed in "the back," but then I was pretty much banded and in recovery in what seemed like no time.

I went back to the prep room at 6:30 a.m. and he waited in the lounge where they had a tv with cable and coffee and tea. Fortunately, nobody else was there that early so I'm sure he turned the tv to some news channel and didn't even miss me. Around 10 a.m., I was out of surgery and back in my room and he came and sat with me until I sent him down to the cafeteria for something to eat around noon. At 1 p.m. they discharged me.

My husband's first wife died at home of cancer and he was her main caregiver. I'm sure I was 'easy' compared to that.

my husband was fine...one nurse tried to kick him out when visiting hours ended (theres always one killjoy :smile:) and he promptly told her he was my husband, not "a visitor"... she insisted he couldnt stay, even though we'd been told by several people he could stay, so he asked to speak with a nursing manager - the manager hooked him up with no problem. i was in a room alone and being that this was my first surgery and hospital stay ever, it was nice having him with me...:thumbup:

I was released same day, but my hubby did fine. He waited in the waiting room during surgery, and they had a tv in there and he also had his laptop and I am sure he was working. After he came in my room, he slept in the spare recliner, better than I was sleeping actually, lol. He didn't eat anything until the afternoon when I forced him to go eat. He also helped me to walk the halls and then took me home. He has ADD but since he had his laptop, tv and a place to take a nap he was good.

My husband took me at 6:30 am, hung out and used his lap top to study and play for a few hours, then came in when I was in recovery. We were home by 1:00 pm and then he stayed with me until he had to pick up the kids from school.

Fortunately he was good at the hospital--he is nursing school right now and I would be worried if he was freaking out. :thumbup:

My husband did fine; I went home the same day, but we were still there about 12 hours altogether, and it was New Year's Eve no less! While he was waiting he read, watched TV in the waiting room, played on his laptop, etc. He was very sweet and gentle, drove me home of course and helped me in and out of the car and bed, and kept the meds schedule for me. He even came in at midnight to wake me up briefly for a New Year's Eve kiss.