Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List your NSV's here!

Thinking it would be nice to hear some non-scale victories. Lets look at what we've gained as we've lost.

Mine are:

4 garbage bags of clothes for my sister.

Off all my weight related meds (diebetes, high cholesteral, high blood pressure).

Able to run/walk on the treadmill

Lots more energy across the day- no more naps!

More self-confidence

Buying new clothes

Getting compliments left and right

Lets hear yours!

Seeing defined arm and leg muscles again.

Being hit on again (dont tell my wife!)

Mowing front and back yard same day without passing out (not that this ever stoped me before).

Off all meds (diebetes, high blood pressure).

Playing paintball without getting shot in the butt so much (it was a big target)

I'm frustratingly not seeing the scale numbers move, however, I am now able to pull ALL of my pants down with unbuttoning them or unzipping them.

Thanks for posting this!!! We sometimes forget that our weight loss journeys are not just about the numbers on a scale, but sooooo much more than that!!!

Being able to clip my cell phone to my belt (instead of hanging it from my pocket)

Being able to carry my daughter throughout SeaWorld (without so many breaks - what a difference 43lbs makes!!)

Being able to fit on certain rides at amusement parks (would get so embarrassed when the security bar would not lock down)

Being able to go down the slide at the park when playing with my kids and being able to fit in the swing and not be miserable when I swing with my daughter

Walking much, much faster at work when I wait too long to go to the bathroom and have to get to the other end of the building. :thumbup:

Being able to jump on the trampoline more than once or twice, now it is 10 minutes and I can still keep going

My diamond engagement ring came off my finger! :thumbup: It's been there for 34 years--stuck. I've always told my children that before they close the lid on my casket to ask the mortician to cut off my finger so they can have my wedding rings. Genius #2 said, "Mom, when they drain your blood, it will probably slide off!" (Thanks, son!)

Well, it came off last week (after 72 lbs. lost). I'm still waiting for the wedding band to come off. It's loose. Genius #3 told me to Celebrate by taking it to a jeweler and having the rings professionally cleaned. I like that suggestion. I think I'll do it!

1. Getting checked out by more men.

2. Fitting in the chairs at the movies.

3. Spending a whole day with my friends shopping and having fun without wishing they would say they was tired and ready to go home because my feet and knees were killing me!

4. Going down a shoe size 11's are hard to find in cute shoes!

5. Climbing in my bed at night and not being afraid I am going to crack something! (Same with the couch):thumbup:

6. And finally, I miss my dimple in my cheek! It's back!

Bought a belt for the first time in about 15 years!!

Much more confidence, therefore walking with much better posture!

Not dreading social occasions b/c of nothing to wear!

1) The spring pants I was happy to fit in again last spring are now TOO BIG!

2) The cutie I see EVERYDAY when I get my tea at the deli winked at me the other day.

3) Being told by a student that I got "MAD SKINNY!" ( I know I mentioned that before, but it was so funny)

4) Buying a belt at Macy's, not Lane Bryant.

5) My Boyfriend's brother told me he was gonna steal me away!

(and if BF doesn't straighten up, I just might let him! LOL)

6) I can see my thighs in pants, not just blobs stuffed in material.

Great Post!

My size 8 denim jumpsuit shorts look good, my daughter said, " your stomach doesn't bulge or anything. And the little belt ties nicely" (my hubby picked them out.)

The neighbor men are telling my husband I look good!

I'm just going to list my NSVs that I've had since school started the middle of last month!

I bought some new school clothes at the end of July in a smaller size and they were a little too snug for my comfort. After a week of wearing the new clothes to school, I had several colleagues tell me that I needed to go shopping for some new clothes because the clothes I was wearing were JUST TOO BIG. :thumbup:

I had to put my wedding rings in the jewelry box because I was afraid they were going to fall off at the end of last year. I decided that I wanted to wait until goal to have them resized, so I bought a pretty (fake) set to wear. At the beginning of the summer, I had a ring guard put on the fake set. That set now spins around at will, guard and all. :lol:

I had several colleagues tell me that they were looking forward to the start of the new school year to "see how great I am looking." :scared2:

I loooove these NSV posts. I was feeling a bit down because I only lost 1.6lbs from July 12-Sept 10. I have been watching what I eat and exercising, but the scale wasn't budging! I asked my doctor about it when I went for a fill on 9/10. He told me that although you probably wont read about it medical journals, he truly believes that there is a phase where you don't lose on the scale but lose inches. He went from a size 38 to a size 34 and only lost 10lbs. His wife went from a size 14 to a size 10 and didnt lose a single pound.

FYI~ I lost 2.5lbs in one week since my fill! :thumbup:

OMG!!! I completely forgot to mention that when I donated blood this past week, the nurse was able to use a normal-sized bp cuff on me without any trouble. No more POPEYE ARM BP CUFF for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbup:

I had a NSV a couple of days ago when I went shopping. I live in Korea and as you can imagine it's almost impossible to buy plus size clothes here. We go to one store usually which we call the fat store. I went there last week and everything was too big! Then on Friday I went to H&M and was able to buy a pair of jeans and a top. I'm not plus sized anymore.

Also I'm getting a lot more attention from guys. Not sure how to take that though. Having some issues...